Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? (628 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by adewasco2k(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2014
I started paying tithe when I was serving, N19,800 allawee I pay 2k as tithe and I was happily doing that.

After service I continued but up to some point now I find it hard paying tithe, I see too much responsibilities and the money is not just always enough.

I still pay when its a small money but let's say for example 250k maybe before I got the money my pressing needs might require me spending 200k then I'm left with 50k now I need to pay 25k.

My problem is I know the importance of tithing but recently Im always confuse if to pay or not....anytime I didnt pay it, I get this guilt like my pastor do say "I have robbed God"

I need some motivations again.

NB: at times if I am to pay like 50k as tithe I will give maybe 20k as offering or give the money out to people I know needs it.

Like now I was hoping to visit one motherless babies center today if I refuse to pay this one ....but definatel not going to spend all I was suppose to pay as tithe.

Really confuse
Re: How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by Rexphobia(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2014
I have just two things to tell you.

1. You remove your tithe just like PAYE before you start budgeting on the difference. The tithe is not your money. You don't complain about paying or not paying your taxes do you?

2. Tithe is different from offering or any other charitable donations. You can't substitute tithe with any other thing. Mal 3:10 says bring ye all the tithes into my STOREHOUSE . I guess that's specific enough.

He will rebuke the devourer for you sake.

Don't forget tithe is not your money, it's God's money. Don't rob God. Just as you receive your salary net of taxes and you don't contemplate about paying or not. See and treat your net earnings as net of tithes and always deduce your tithe and transfer before you start spending.

Disposable earnings / salary = gross earnings less taxes and tithe

Shalom
Re: How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by Truth24(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2014
I don't really know wat u need us to do now ooo
Re: How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by adewasco2k(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Truth24:
I don't really know wat u need us to do now ooo

You making me sound like a fool?

Why do you think they preach in church? Don't you already know almost everything they preach? ( I suppose)

All I wanted was a motivation kind of to help me continue tithing or tell me if spending part of the suppose money for tithe on "giving to the needy"

If I had a record of my pastor on one of those "importance of tithing" wow that would have just done it.

As a good Christian we relate together always to motivate each other, if you think you know all, with time you will just check yourself n see you have backslided on some important issues.
Re: How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by asalimpo(m): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2014
adewasco2k:
I started paying tithe when I was serving, N19,800 allawee I pay 2k as tithe and I was happily doing that.

After service I continued but up to some point now I find it hard paying tithe, I see too much responsibilities and the money is not just always enough.

I still pay when its a small money but let's say for example 250k maybe before I got the money my pressing needs might require me spending 200k then I'm left with 50k now I need to pay 25k.

My problem is I know the importance of tithing but recently Im always confuse if to pay or not....anytime I didnt pay it, I get this guilt like my pastor do say "I have robbed God"

NB: at times if I am to pay like 50k as tithe I will give maybe 20k as offering or give the money out to people I know needs it.

Like now I was hoping to visit one motherless babies center today if I refuse to pay this one ....but definatel not going to spend all I was suppose to pay as tithe.

Really confuse

first, the desire to hold back is foolish,pure n simple.
Think, you are handling bigger amounts, bigger inflows , isnt tht what you really want? Or dyu wanna be managing smaller dough?
But to get there you gatta get used to dropping larger amounts like it is nothing.
Infact,learn to take out your tithe first, before touchng d rest of d money or budgetng it. After sometime, it will bcome second nature.
Give ur full tithe. Give ur offering
. You will make it thru the night.
If u give in faith and thankfulness.
Dont split d tithe up, just obey God.

NB:
God can't bless som ppl as He wud like2 cuz they'll trip over d lil things.
Re: How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2014
adewasco2k:

Really confuse

In the first instance you are not required to tithe as a christian as you are not under the law that required jews to tithe in the old testament. That said the modern tithe doc0trine was arrived at by twisting scriptures and mis applying it to the church and this is a sin in the sight of God.

Also even though tithing is not applic0able to you as a christian, tithes can be consumed by the tither or given to the poor. (deut 14:22-29) the tithe law was also brought to an end and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable law in Hebrews 7:5-19
Re: How Easy Is it For You Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2014
It hasnt been easy cos im nt a working class person.... Although il love to b paying very oftenundecided

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/12/14 / Possibilities And Impossibilities / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/03/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.