Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

First Lady Of Two Countries - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / First Lady Of Two Countries (2518 Views)

First Lady Of China Suffers Make Up Mishap In London-photos / Niyola, EME First Lady Takes A Selfie With Just Her Underwears (PHOTO) / Who Is The Most Beautiful First Lady Nigeria Has Got? (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 9:58am On Dec 28, 2014
I came across this article today about the only woman in history to have become first lady for Two separate Republics! Isn't that amazing?

Her name is Graca Machel, she was married to Samora Machel (1933-86), who became President of Mozambique following its independence in 1975. Subsequently Graca Machel became the country's first lady. October 19, 1986 saw President Samora Machel killed in a plane crash thereby making Graca his Wife a Widow.

A decade and 2 years later, on the 18th of July 1998, Graca (Samor Machel's Widow) married Nelson Mandela, President of South Africa, coincidentally that day was Mandela's 80th Birthday making her the first woman to be `First Lady' of two separate republics: Mozambique and South Africa.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-female-to-be-first-lady-of-more-than-one-country/

1 Share

Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by benuejosh: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2014
interesting
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by StevinMorgan(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2014
Imagine! That time my dad never even think of toasting my mum... grin
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by Crocz(m): 10:10am On Dec 28, 2014
First lady?..No

Marry, mother of Scotland was the first...she was the Queen of Scotland and France same time
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2014
Crocz:
First lady?..No

Marry, mother of Scotland was the first...she was the Queen of Scotland and France same time

Well, I think you should have a rethink on that.

A queen regnant (plural: queens regnant) is a female monarch who reigns in her own right, in contrast to a queen consort, who is the wife of a reigning king.

Based on the above; Queen Mary Stuart or Mary I of Scotland, was Queen of Scotland from 14 December 1542 to 24 July 1567 and Queen consort of France from 10 July 1559 to 5 December 1560.
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by ejlee(m): 10:59am On Dec 28, 2014
chai!!!
the woman na internation player wait a second of the children from the different marriage
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by Crocz(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2014
saaedlee:

Well, I think you should have a rethink on that.

A queen regnant (plural: queens regnant) is a female monarch who reigns in her own right, in contrast to a queen consort, who is the wife of a reigning king.

Based on the above; Queen Mary Stuart or Mary I of Scotland, was Queen of Scotland from 14 December 1542 to 24 July 1567 and Queen consort of France from 10 July 1559 to 5 December 1560.

No one is talking about ruling bro...but "first lady", the lady who is first in a country by position grin

Wife of a president isn't a ruler except if they are Patience Jonathan undecided
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 11:07am On Dec 28, 2014
ejlee:
chai!!!
the woman na international player wait a second of the children from the different marriage

this got me laughing! cheesy
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2014
Crocz:

No one is talking about ruling bro...but "first lady", the lady who is first in a country by position grin

Wife of a president isn't a ruler except if they are Patience Jonathan undecided
Please sir, what is your definition of FIRST LADY ? Also open the link below the article!
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by Crocz(m): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2014
saaedlee:

Please sir, what is your definition of FIRST LADY ? Also open the link below the article!
I've already made my perception of "First lady" in the post you quote...you can take it as my definition cheesy

And under the post in the link is written "Records change on a daily basis and are not
immediately published online"

It hasn't change probably cos no one has challenged it.
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2014
Crocz:

I've already made my perception of "First lady" in the post you quote...you can take it as my definition cheesy
And under the post in the link is written "Records change on a daily basis and are not
immediately published online"
It hasn't change probably cos no one has challenged it.

Your "perception" of First Lady is wrong!

Besides, I can bet you haven't read bout the Life n Times of Mary Stuart!
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by Crocz(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
saaedlee:

Your "perception" of First Lady is wrong!

Besides, I can bet you haven't read bout the Life n Times of Mary Stuart!

Ok...goodbye cheesy
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
Crocz:

Ok...goodbye cheesy

Run along! grin
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by Syphax(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
I guess most Nigerians don't know about that.

If Mandela was a Nigerian,they would have criticized the lady into committing suicide.

Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by missdebs(f): 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
Syphax:
I guess most Nigerians don't know about that.

If Mandela was a Nigerian,they would have criticized the lady into committing suicide.

they would ve called her a gold digger
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by saaedlee: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
missdebs:

Or RUNS GURL!
Re: First Lady Of Two Countries by Syphax(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
missdebs:

Spot on!!

(1) (Reply)

David Luiz Baptized, Vows To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage. (pix) / Checkout IK Ogbonna’s Baby Mama’s Sexy Post Baby Bod / Meet This Ugly Guy Who Wants To Overthrow Denrele (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.