Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

A Merry Christmas (Short Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Merry Christmas (Short Story) (10892 Views)

MERRY X-MAS; Twas The Night Before Christmas / Season Of Open Letters: Merry Christmas To Unilorin Mech Engrg. Graduates - 2010 / MERRY CHRISTMAS LITERATURE SECTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by adesammy1(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
turn am to film I promise to buy your cd

*first to comment on page two*
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Gr8emmy(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
Abi o
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by seyioluwasade: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
Infinix Zero is back on Konga http:///iDUZ02

Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by tosin1960(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]I wish peple happy xmas?[sup][/sup]
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by baybeeboi: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
am I to read this?
Wer is my ' The Innocent Man''?
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by kingopta(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nice Story....Happy New Year In Advance
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Ishilove: 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bravo!! Larry, great job!! Although the ending was a pit to 'pat' to be believable, I still enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for the tag.cheesy

'I am not as dangerous as I look'. This is my favourite line grin
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by peachylee(f): 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
interesting,kudos.
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Wealthyonos(m): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Op where is ma Name na? U forgot to include Wealthyonos
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by dacybersaint(m): 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
nyc story....my first tym on nairaland....C.E.O of Naijawebbers.tk
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Nmeri17: 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
tahahahahaha grin grin so so hilarious!! i read yo coffin of errors previously and it was rib cracking too. yur verbiage and use of adjectives is amazing. really nice!!
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by kingphilip(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2014
wishing u same

you were among the writers that made nairaland worthwhile for me in 2014 let's do better in da coming year

this piece is finely written n better composed.. Great one Larry it's gud having u around
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Sirphrank(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2014
Story for the gods Yelutide . Thumbs up dude, nice one.
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by ethylene: 1:16am On Dec 30, 2014
Wat a story
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by texanomaly(f): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Thanks LarrySun. What a great gift. Merry Christmas to you too Sweetz. kiss
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by donifez(m): 2:31am On Dec 30, 2014
For me this is enough christmas gift,Thanks @ larry.
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by texanomaly(f): 2:32am On Dec 30, 2014
donifez:
For me this is enough christmas gift,Thanks @ larry.

Doni what are you doing up? smiley
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by donifez(m): 2:40am On Dec 30, 2014
texanomaly:

Doni what are you doing up? smiley
walking to and fro looking for whom to____
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by kccarew(f): 3:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Not again, my name is not in that list, well I guess that's the naughty list for santa...lol

I almost believed your story, and men, it was awesome, but guy na so them dey take marry, just like that, and pray u really don't have such brains to go bf a gun oo, cos I am a testimony of a gun pointed at my brains,On my head, not a good experience ooo, thanks and happy new year in advance
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by kccarew(f): 3:18am On Dec 30, 2014
And again it was said. Its a short story, when it is so short that even the tallest man is shorter than it...lol, nice story man
kccarew:
Not again, my name is not in that list, well I guess that's the naughty list for santa...lol

I almost believed your story, and men, it was awesome, but guy na so them dey take marry, just like that, and pray u really don't have such brains to go bf a gun oo, cos I am a testimony of a gun pointed at my brains,On my head, not a good experience ooo, thanks and happy new year in advance
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by kennikazi(m): 3:39am On Dec 30, 2014
Quite a lovely story. A merry christmas to you too Larry grin
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by texanomaly(f): 3:51am On Dec 30, 2014
donifez:

walking to and fro looking for whom to____

Whom to?
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Greyworld: 6:11am On Dec 30, 2014
Much Morals, hilarious,thrillin........... Sir Larry is just so Amazin...........
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by chistar01(m): 6:35am On Dec 30, 2014
What started as a simple drive-by eventually turned out to be one of the most romantic encounters.

“Who the geisha are you to tell us to calm down?”

I had no answer to that question. It is not everyday
people call me a fish.

That had me rolling on the floor.

Thanks for the mention and compliments of the season.
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by PrettySpicey(f): 7:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Yay! COngratulations on making FP, LarrySun.

Great story, BTW smiley
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by ameryzzy(f): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Oh my. Sooooooo interesting. I have a crush on Larrysun already.
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 30, 2014
Interesting piece
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by pak: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2014
LarrySun:
I turned to Jessica, "Can I see you outside for a moment?"

"Why?"

I whispered into her ear, "I think I know the criminal."

"Okay."

"Excuse us for a moment." I told the men, then Jessica and I walked out of the house and shut the door behind us.

"So, who killed my father?" She asked without preliminaries.

"I believe neither of the men killed your father."

"What!"

"I believe your father committed suicide."

"You're crazy. I too believe a lot of people would have told you that already."

She was actually right; many people had called me a crazy young man. I always saw it as a compliment.

"Let me explain myself," I told her, "When the three men got the money and kept it in the bank, one of then wanted a larger share; and that could only be achieved if at least one of the other partners died. The dead partner's signature would not be needed for the withdrawal of the money. It was your father who placed the package on John's doorstep yesterday morning. He was intending to have John killed so that he and Ben could share the money. Perhaps he was also intending to have Ben killed before the end of the year; that, I can't tell.

"But his plan boomeranged when John, without opening, sent the package to Ben who in turn opened the package, found the fruit he hated, bought two extra, changed the package and sent the gift back to your dad. But due to your father's exceptional fondness for cherries, he didn't suspect anything. There was nothing to suspect anyway; the package he received was different from what he sent, and the number of cherries he received were more than what he sent, so he had no reason to suspect that the poisoned fruits he sent out yesterday morning were returned to him last night. He ate one of his own poisoned cherries and died." I stopped.

Jessica looked at me for a long time; studying me, appraising me, assessing me. Then she asked, "What gave you the impression of the deduction you just made?"

I gave her the small card I was holding and said, "Look carefully at what is written on that card, did you notice anything different?"

She shook her head and said, "No."

"Look again, you will see that the 'Christmas' is spelt wrongly; it's without the letter 'i'."

"Yes, I see it. What does that have to do with anything?"

"It has a lot to do with everything. Your father left a clue there, I can call it a signature. He just didn't know that anyone would notice it. Thank goodness he did, an innocent person could have been prosecuted for his death if he hadn't."

"I don't understand anything you're saying."

"What was your father's nickname again?"

"Cherry."

"Then it's plain for everyone to see."

"What is that?"

"It's simple," I said, "What is written on that card 'A Merry Chrstmas' is the exact anagram of 'Sam Cherry Smart'."

"Oh, my God!" She covered her face with her palms. I was sure she was close to tears when she asked, "What are we going to do now?"

Take note of the royal plural pronoun.

"Four things," I replied, "First and foremost, you're going to give me the gun you concealed within you. It's a dangerous." She handed me the gun. "Secondly, you will go back inside and tell the men that you're no longer interested in knowing who killed father but you're going to collect your father's share of the money. I can go with you if you don't mind. Then thirdly, we shall go and bury your father."

"Okay, let's go," she said, paused for a moment and asked, "What is the fourth?"

I smiled and spread my hands out, "You will marry me."

She was not surprised, she regarded me curiously for a moment before stepping into my embrace.

Naturally, I should kiss her. I did exactly that.

THE END

LARRY SUN
©2014
larrysun4real@yahoo.com

Check out The Coffin of Errors (Another short story).

You wanna marry the daughter of a intending murderer shocked
Some traits are passed through the genes you know !

Actually that was a great story
Re: A Merry Christmas (Short Story) by Burger01(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2014
Nice one Larry..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Define > Wazobia / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Lucifer's Bride (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.