Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) (3740 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / List Of The Best Universities In Nigeria In 2015 / List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
lexiconkabir:

U hardly hear or see anyting from better by far students because ur reseach level is poor? Which school's student was given a job at Goldman Sachs group and company where they were thousands of student that went for the internship all of africa including the skuls u just put on your yeye list?? Which school's lecturer was built a magnificent laboratory by the US chemist bodies for discovering the anti-malairia bodies which constitues of 300 newly discovered compounds(incase you are doubting his name prof. Obanleye), which school's student won the mathematics competition in 2011 against many students across Nigeria? And so many more(do the research yourself), so dont talk about something which you know little or no knowlegde about, I rest my case!!

I'm only going to comment on dgoldman sacch fingy, the truth is when I saw this info on Unilorin website, I was like, see dis ones o. I've seen loads of OAU students and some other schools too dat got jobs @dt same company by just applying, esp internships and they didn't see as any big deal because it's a regular occurrence. Ur sch on d oda hand turned it into one major accomplishment, that's saying plenty about d 'better by far' sch
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by jairusben(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
if u havent visited majority of d schools pls u better be shut..i am a student of river state university of science and technology,currently in the south there is no school that can be compared to it..nice lecturers.. quiet environment.. constant power supply,abundance of lecture halls,neat hostels and well built..infact come and inspect ursef
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by OmichaelO: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
lafflaff123:
Bros i no gree with this list.

Unilag is not known for anything ACADEMICALLY aside the fact that it is in Lagos.

KSU? No State school is worth the price of a tissue paper.

Unilorin another school not known for Academic excellence or even anything,this School is just there.

ABU Until some few years ago,was taking people from the North with 3 to 4 Credits in WAEC, to study Engineering and Medicine and Law. This School is a Joke.

UNN? are you serious? this is a glorified learning adult learning center for people from the East. I even rate NAU Awka Academically sound than UNN.
did you write that UNILAG?? You must be joking.
Kindly drop your own list
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by simba1: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
jairusben:
if u havent visited majority of d schools pls u better be shut..i am a student of river state university of science and technology,currently in the south there is no school that can be compared to it..nice lecturers.. quiet environment.. constant power supply,abundance of lecture halls,neat hostels and well built..infact come and inspect ursef
SHEY NA D RSUST WEY I SABI WELLA?
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by Steward22(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
lmao... sm1 said UNN aint accademicaly sound? i gues he waz jokin
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by DJMONACO(m): 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
there s no best university in Nigeria in terms of quality of education.
every fed university in naija is same lvl
however skuls like UI, Oau, unn hv more reputation than odas
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
lafflaff123:
Bros i no gree with this list.

Unilag is not known for anything ACADEMICALLY aside the fact that it is in Lagos.

KSU? No State school is worth the price of a tissue paper.

Unilorin another school not known for Academic excellence or even anything,this School is just there.

ABU Until some few years ago,was taking people from the North with 3 to 4 Credits in WAEC, to study Engineering and Medicine and Law. This School is a Joke.

UNN? are you serious? this is a glorified learning adult learning center for people from the East. I even rate NAU Awka Academically sound than UNN.
lets see your own list then
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by Calculux95: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
PrinceMario:
Op is high on some wet weed.
1. KSU no3 on ur list. the school that wasn't by any mistake of been rated in top100 in Nigeria by either Webiometric,4icu or NUC throughout 2014. I'm a kogite,80% of my classmates school there but i dare not appear daft cos of sentiment. imagine KSU ahead OAU,ABU,UI,UNN,Uniben and the rest. leave the shore of kogi state and people will ask u "what is KSU"?
The school that only major in unmarketable courses like history,sociology,psychology,unaccredited medicine,unrecognized law faculty. they cant boast of just one engineering department.

2.Placing Futa ahead of OAU and the rest first generation universities shows how naive you are about education in Nigeria.
Seems ur dreaming when putting this down,Unilag rated 10th in Nigeria. mtchewwwwee

its ur opinion though,you're entitled to it.
Your list is as useless as the 'P' in psychology.

Today,without doubt the top universities in Nigeria are:
1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilag
4.Uniben
5.ABU

The graduates of the schools are making waves in top unis abroad. pursuing PHD without msc in top tier unis on numerous scholarships. We hardly see or hear anything exemptional about those ranting 'better by far'. their faculty of medicine and engineering is wack.

OAU ‘Trashes’ Out Unilag, UI, Unilorin and others; Comes Out
Top At Inter-Varsity Debate

https://oauchristians./2014/12/18/oau-trashes-out-unilag-ui-comes-out-top-at-inter-varsity-debate/
awe its only people that have not been to futa that spew this trash, compare any of oau's engineering students to futa's, the difference is extremely clear, we are talking about the best tech school in nigeria. What boosts oau and other federal schools above futa is the art courses and medicine, but when it comes to tech courses we rule nigeria

Of the greatest Futarians!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by PrinceMario(m): 1:07am On Dec 30, 2014
lexiconkabir:

U hardly hear or see anyting from better by far students because ur reseach level is poor? Which school's student was given a job at Goldman Sachs group and company where they were thousands of student that went for the internship all of africa including the skuls u just put on your yeye list?? Which school's lecturer was built a magnificent laboratory by the US chemist bodies for discovering the anti-malairia bodies which constitues of 300 newly discovered compounds(incase you are doubting his name prof. Obanleye), which school's student won the mathematics competition in 2011 against many students across Nigeria? And so many more(do the research yourself), so dont talk about something which you know little or no knowlegde about, I rest my case!!
Your post looks clueless,are you by any means related to GEJ?
you typed lies up there,unilorin students got offers at Merrill lynch and not Goldman Sac.
www.nairaland.com/1915680/two-unilorin-students-get-merrill

If getting offers at an American investment bank is a great achievement to rate schools,then know Nigerian uni. will dare compete will 'Great ife'. Getting offers at merrill lych aint an achievement in OAU cos ife students are picked yearly,infact,Merrill lynch do have campus abbassador in OAU,you can view the linkedin profile of the present one to confirm for yourself
https://ng.linkedin.com/pub/nonee-nonye/58/510/30a

Even Goldman sachs that you clamoured ain't still achiever to great ife student,they are everywhere around the globe
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/banke-ogundairo/4b/b28/600?trk=pub-pbmap

ng.linkedin.com/pub/omotoyosi-ukpong/27/54b/b02

Oga,unilorin cant pull half of great ife achievements in 20yrs time. If ur school go on strike like other federal unis. her product will hardly compete with folks from private unis. What you saw as achievements are just normal things in OAU.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by PrinceMario(m): 1:50am On Dec 30, 2014
Calculux95:
awe its only people that have not been to futa that spew this trash, compare any of oau's engineering students to futa's, the difference is extremely clear, we are talking about the best tech school in nigeria. What boosts oau and other federal schools above futa is the art courses and medicine, but when it comes to tech courses we rule nigeria

Of the greatest Futarians!
Calm down dude. i've been to futa times without number. i know every nooks and crannies both at 'oba nla' and 'oba kekere',Futa is a good school,no doubt about that.
But to equate Futa's school of engineering with OAU faculty of technology is like try to force a camel through the hole of a needle. are u kidding?
OAU has the leading ICT complex in Nigeria

digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/736/

OAU is the only Nigeria uni and the first in west africa to develop her own iLab while other reputable west african countries still rely on that which was designed by MIT.
“While other universities still use the iLab
developed and made by MIT, OAU has developed
her own iLab and this has helped us in solving
some of the basic needs of experimentation.”
www.punchng.com/education/oau-at-50-graduates-78-first-class-students/

i guess u guys don't know what an iLab means in Futa talkless of it uses.
Futa is best among schools of technology#fact#
moreover,some of our lecturers are visiting lecturers at Futa,if u doubt if me,as those in school of earth and mineral science(SEMS)
OAU faculty of technology and the college of health sciences attract the best brains across Nigeria yearly.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2014
PrinceMario:
Your post looks clueless,are you by any means related to GEJ?
you typed lies up there,unilorin students got offers at Merrill lynch and not Goldman Sac.
www.nairaland.com/1915680/two-unilorin-students-get-merrill

If getting offers at an American investment bank is a great achievement to rate schools,then know Nigerian uni. will dare compete will 'Great ife'. Getting offers at merrill lych aint an achievement in OAU cos ife students are picked yearly,infact,Merrill lynch do have campus abbassador in OAU,you can view the linkedin profile of the present one to confirm for yourself
https://ng.linkedin.com/pub/nonee-nonye/58/510/30a

Even Goldman sachs that you clamoured ain't still achiever to great ife student,they are everywhere around the globe
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/banke-ogundairo/4b/b28/600?trk=pub-pbmap

ng.linkedin.com/pub/omotoyosi-ukpong/27/54b/b02

Oga,unilorin cant pull half of great ife achievements in 20yrs time. If ur school go on strike like other federal unis. her product will hardly compete with folks from private unis. What you saw as achievements are just normal things in OAU.
If it were possible, I wud have given u like 1000 likes, pls tell dis guy. Interning @ G.sacchs na normal paro, no biggie... unilorin even kept it on their sch website as if they broke world record
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by buzyguy: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2014
PrinceMario:
Calm down dude. i've been to futa times without number. i know every nooks and crannies both at 'oba nla' and 'oba kekere',Futa is a good school,no doubt about that.
But to equate Futa's school of engineering with OAU faculty of technology is like try to force a camel through the hole of a needle. are u kidding?
OAU has the leading ICT complex in Nigeria

digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/736/

OAU is the only Nigeria uni and the first in west africa to develop her own iLab while other reputable west african countries still rely on that which was designed by MIT.
“While other universities still use the iLab
developed and made by MIT, OAU has developed
her own iLab and this has helped us in solving
some of the basic needs of experimentation.”
www.punchng.com/education/oau-at-50-graduates-78-first-class-students/

i guess u guys don't know what an iLab means in Futa talkless of it uses.
Futa is best among schools of technology#fact#
moreover,some of our lecturers are visiting lecturers at Futa,if u doubt if me,as those in school of earth and mineral science(SEMS)
OAU faculty of technology and the college of health sciences attract the best brains across Nigeria yearly.
empty barrel makes noise, oau is good everyone knows that but are beginning to get beyond your confinement by pseudo-placing oau ahead all unis in the country.forgetting there is the first and the best university which no one, even your professors will never stamp they will never dare forget their origin.moreover stop basing rankings only on competitions!
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by PrinceMario(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
temitak:

If it were possible, I wud have given u like 1000 likes, pls tell dis guy. Interning @ G.sacchs na normal paro, no biggie... unilorin even kept it on their sch website as if they broke world record
Thanks dearie.
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by jairusben(m): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2014
simba1:
SHEY NA D RSUST WEY I SABI WELLA?
d one u knw in 19bc
Re: Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience) by simba1: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
jairusben:
d one u knw in 19bc
AS A MATTER OF FACT, MY HOUSE ISN'T FAR FROM RSUST. IT CAN BE TRECKED TO. SO BRO SAVE IT!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Research Project Topics And Materials In History Education / Get N200 Recharge Card Reward By Telling Us The Name Of This Compound / Can Someone Intelligent Please Answer This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.