Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient (1483 Views)

Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married / Pls Help,my Cousin Is Shapeless / Marriage And The Sickle Cell Genotype Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by SwagPower: 9:29am On Dec 29, 2014
Wat do I tell her 2 dissuade her...
she's an AA though..
the guy is an SS...
pls help, 4 d sake of d unborn children...
looking 4wad 2 ur responses...

REMEMBER DAT THE WORST PART OF HELL IS RESERVED 4 THOSE WHO MAINTAIN NEUTRALITY IN TIMES OF MORAL CRISIS...
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by obua: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2014
They can't have an SS child so no course for alarm. They have to worry only about early widowhood.
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by photographer: 11:17am On Dec 29, 2014
no need to panic and no need to discourage her the combination is perfect endorse the marriage. shikena!!!
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by tuto: 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
i have a close family of such.she should be ready for hospital always. it is not easy but if she is ready to cope with the stress of blood failing at intervals,then let her go ahead.
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by expatriate(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
SwagPower:
Wat do I tell her 2 dissuade her...
she's an AA though..
the guy is an SS...
pls help, 4 d sake of d unborn children...
looking 4wad 2 ur responses...

REMEMBER DAT THE WORST PART OF HELL IS RESERVED 4 THOSE WHO MAINTAIN NEUTRALITY IN TIMES OF MORAL CRISIS...

I don't see any bad in it
they are compatible and if the man is a healthy sickler like my self.
then no cause for alarm.
besides once he is up to 30 the crisis stops.
no more frequent visits to hospital.
though he should go for his frequent check up.
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by oluite(f): 2:00am On Dec 30, 2014
There is nothing wrong as partners with AA and SS blood groups will have children with AS blood group(carriers) and not sicklers. She only has to encourage him to have a healthy lifestyle and go for regular checkups.
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by Lexusgs430: 2:30am On Dec 30, 2014
Sickle cell patient or sickle cell person ?
NB: They will never have SS kids, AS is the only outcome, so what's the course of your alarm?
He has lived this long and would hopefully live longer !!
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by Abali1(m): 6:42am On Jan 12, 2015
SwagPower:

pray tell, what is the MORAL CRISIS here?
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by Oluwagrace1(f): 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
U don't have to worry urself cause they can't give birth to SS child, u should rather support them. Don't hate people living with ss gene, we are loving, caring, healthy, fun to be with. Read more about genotype cause I know you don't know about it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by smokescreen4: 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
My brother in law is Ss the wife is A A, they have three boys now all AS, endorse the marriage sharp sharp.
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by SwagPower: 12:12am On Jan 26, 2015
Oluwagrace1:
U don't have to worry urself cause they can't give birth to SS child, u should rather support them. Don't hate people living with ss gene, we are loving, caring, healthy, fun to be with. Read more about genotype cause I know you don't know about it. Thanks
of course I dnt hate u guys at all...am in d medical field n I knw well enof abt sickle cell aneamia...am nt bothered abt an SS child;cos dats medically impossible since ma sis is an AA...my concern is d stress aSsoc wit living wit one n d possibility of early widowhood(no offence 2 u guys)
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by SwagPower: 12:18am On Jan 26, 2015
smokescreen4:
My brother in law is Ss the wife is A A, they have three boys now all AS, endorse the marriage sharp sharp.
as I said earlier am nt bothered abt SS kids...wat I meant. By "4 d sake of d unborn kids" is d possibility of growin up witout a dad...do dey encounter health problems due to d husbands genotype...
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by SwagPower: 12:19am On Jan 26, 2015
SwagPower:
as I said earlier am nt bothered abt SS kids...wat I meant. By "4 d sake of d unborn kids" is d possibility of growin up witout a dad...do dey encounter health problems due to d husbands genotype?...
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by oladapsy: 2:37am On Mar 15, 2015
obua:
They can't have an SS child so no course for alarm. They have to worry only about early widowhood.

Joan 's your wan kill AM.
Re: HELP! My Cousin Is About To Get Married To A Sickle Cell Patient by baliqisolawale(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
[b][/b]
oladapsy:

Joan 's your wan kill AM.
sickle cell is now cureable find out from doctors

(1) (Reply)

Best TOOTHPASTE IN Nigeria / 5 Everyday Habits That Make Your Breasts Sag Quickly You Must Avoid / Guys Pls I Need Your Help. What's The Remedy For Saggy Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.