Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,370 members, 7,822,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

My Fallen World (Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Fallen World (Short Story) (739 Views)

Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fallen World (Short Story) by theorbiters: 10:05am On Dec 29, 2014
The hut stood like a castle in the centre of the compound as she laid inside.
Her cries rent the air as she prepared to bring forth another life into this world. She was gradually loosing all spring of life and every form of vivacity.

His mood was that of despair and confusion as he paced randomly like a broken compass, spinning haphazardly in search of a lost purpose. His face etched with anxiety and fear, anyone looking him would conclude he was hanging on a thin thread of sanity.

He waited.

He heard footsteps, randomly, feminine and with each seconds they increased.
"Ah, finally they have come, they have come", he said as if trying to call his sanity from wherever it wander.

There they stood, 'the angels of life' as he would say, with the chief mid-wife flanked with her co-angels on her side

"Where is she?" the chief angel asked, "and please make sure everything is in order."

"Inside", he almost shouted, making silence run into hiding.

As the angels made way into the hut, he caught the chief angel by her wrapper,

'she's my world and she's with my joy. Make sure they are safe'.

With grace and tenderness in her speech she spoke,
'You must be a man now. Don't let the gods know you are weak if not they would tamper with your happiness. I will do what I can do, only the gods can give safety, I must go now'.

She was gone, just like the wind

The sun was sinking slowly like a stone and the wind blew against his bare chest. He paced frantically like an insulted warrior, only now his enemy was the fear.

He could hear voices, then a cry, and then the voices again. It was like a rhythmic flow of beat playing in his head, the gods must be playing with his sanity.

Finally he heard the cry. The sound of his joy brought into the realms of mortal men, oh finally, the gods must have pitied him.
His heart-beats slowed and serenity returned. A smile formed on his face and with vivacity he was about to make way into the castle but was stopped by a bitter reality,

'Quickly, she is dying'. He heard a voice say.

Oh, how fast we forget the blow that threatens to cripple us, the gods must be at it again.

Once again, fear beckoned on his troubled mind as terror reeled all over his temple.

A minute turn to two and three and then, time ceased. The angels came out. The chief angel, holding his joy in her hands walked him to a corner and searched his eyes for his heart.

Silence prevailed for a moment and the sound of heart-beats became louder.

Finally she spoke,
'he has his mother eyes in him'.

He couldn't stand it anymore,
'where is she?" He demanded.

'You must be a man now and prove the gods wrong', she said as she gave him the baby.
'So sorry I could help, but your world is fallen, take care of your joy'.

The wind blew, clearing a path for an invisible visitor.

'But how do you know this woman?" I asked, turning back to search his face for an answer.

Sitting on his bamboo chair, he rocked his hips and nodded his head to an unheard music.
After a moment, he looked at me, and with every strength he had he said, "You are my Joy but my world is gone".
Re: My Fallen World (Short Story) by ijobaooorun(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2014
F.T.C
Re: My Fallen World (Short Story) by Morhziez(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: My Fallen World (Short Story) by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2014
Oga na u o
Re: My Fallen World (Short Story) by theorbiters: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Divepen:
Oga na u o

Haaa, the boss himself, I remain humble o.
Re: My Fallen World (Short Story) by theorbiters: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
Divepen:
Oga na u o

Boss, I dey follow ur footstep ni o.

(1) (Reply)

‎Do You Have A Mobile Phone? / Hearts Apart / Nairalands Discrimination Against Literature Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.