Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Angele Of The Fallen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Angele Of The Fallen (7245 Views)

Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Dragon Rider: Rise Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2013

The early spring breeze blew softly in her face and a smile broke out from her lips involuntarily. The breeze kept blowing her silk dark hair up and the little daisy she'd stuck in it followed the southern wind willingly.

She loved spring. It was her favourite season. The Valene weather was not too hot or cold. It was moderate.
The run rays were also mild. Everything was all well balanced.

She dropped her little wooden bucket by the large sycamore tree and just stood with her face to the warm sun rays as they kept massaging and caressing her face.
Which got redder with every smile.

This was her safe haven. Her own personal brand of comfort and relaxation. It had been just that for almost two full moons. No one ever came here. Even the knight who paroled the borders somehow managed to stay away.
Their loss, her gain.

Alexa's haven. So she named the place. Her place of escape from the regular world. Here she could be anything she wanted. Be it a rat or pheasant.

"I thought you decided to feel the drums today?"

She gave a tiny yelp at the voice that intruded her haven.

She narrowed her emerald eyes at him.

"Seriously, Miles, you scared me." She held her hand to her chest trying to steady her breathing.

Milo Evander merely flashed his best friend a smile before retrieving the blue shawl she'd dropped in fright.
"You're much too easily frightened Lexy. If I didnt know better, I'd say you were on the run."
Alexandria snatched her shawl from him and frowned.
"I thought you'd be apologizing for frightening me. And why are you here?"

Milo clicked his tongue. "More attitude from you? Anyway, your mom was worried about you so I promise I'd check on you."
At the mention of her mother, Alexandria visibly tensed. "Is she okay?"

"Relax chicken. She's fine-just worrying about you as usual."

Alexandria relaxed

"Why do you keep coming here ? So close to the Old shrine. You know about the stories right." Milo grabbed her half filled bucket and scanned the contents.
Just like she did with her shawl, she wasted no time in snatching her property from her nosy best friend.

"None of your business Porkface. And those stories are not true. They're just myths." She knelt on the green field and began picking the elderberries that fell when she retrieved her bucket.

"How did you find me anyways?"

Milo shrugged. "It wasn't that difficult. Anyone who knows you knows you love those berries. They only grow here, which is very weird and dangerous."

Alexandria rolled her eyes. Her friend was always ranting about how dangerous the Old Shrine was. There were stories though, about creatures of the night-deadly ones, that lived on the other side of the boundary that seperated Almeria and the Old Shrine. She onced heard that they fed you their potions and turned you into spirit form before sucking you in.
As such, the Old Shrine was off limits to the whole kingdom of Almeria as claimed by the king Wellington.
Despite the stories, Alexandria had found that she felt safer in these forbidden grounds. The fields were greener than ever, the elder vines and sycamore trees offered shades for her should she need a place to rest.
And the elderberries were delicious. They only grew on the pass between Valene region and the Old Shrine. That alone made them more vaulable to her.

"Dont you think its time to leave--this place is getting weirder." Milo rubbed his arms looking round the quiet area.

"Relax Miles, I just need to get that last elderberry bunch, see how fresh it looks. Just over that yonder." Alexandria pointed to the single black bunch dangling from its tree.

"I dont think that's possible. You'd have to cross the boundary to do so. And if you do, those creatures would be waiting on the other side"

She frowned at him before smirking. "I dont see any creatures over there Milo."

"You're not supposed to. Let's just leave. You've had enough berries to last us a lifetime." Milo grabbed her arm already fearing the determined look on her face.
If he didnt get them both out of the territory, he was sure Alexandria would try to cross the boundary. She was that stubborn, and he couldn't let her do it. The stories he'd heard from his Nana were frightening. The woman had onced told him that no one crossed the boundary and got into Old Shrine alive. They'd always drop dead, with blood dripping out their noses and eyes.

Alexandria snatched her arm from him. "I'll leave when I've gotten that bunch. It looks so delicious."

"You can't have them Lexy. They're on the other side. I'm not about to let you cross and end your life."

"It's my life Miles. Give it a rest."

"And let you bleed to death. I knew I should have told someone about this your addiction to this place." Milo's eyes held a pleading look. "Can we just go?"

"No, I'm so crossing!"

With that, she dashed forward running all the way to the invisible boundary.

Stories, Alexandria, they're all just stories, she told herself as she ran.

2 Likes

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by skyscraperTM(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
You look beautiful
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by pweetixandy: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
we need to Know d setting
,we knw nufin of d physical features of d characters except d color of lexyz hair.
wats d color of her shawl?
details
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
Interesting smiley
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
You look beautiful

Thanks
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
pweetixandy: we need to Know d setting
,we knw nufin of d physical features of d characters except d color of lexyz hair.
wats d color of her shawl?
details

Okay, Setting is fictional. But i'll try to convert the images in my head into words.

This is slighty paranormal.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
mayapop: Interesting smiley
Thanks cheesy
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by skyscraperTM(m): 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nomski0:

Thanks
You're welcome. I'm following you closely. But how come it's only girls in this thread.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nomski0:

Thanks
Nomski, pls, get a blog, ur literature and diaries are always intriguing nd interesting....kudos to u, following you closely.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
jimmy4x:
Nomski, pls, get a blog, ur literature and diaries are always intriguing nd interesting....kudos to u, following you closely.

Thanks alot.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by missterious(f): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Following. grin
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Danhumprey: 6:12am On Dec 06, 2013
Nomski0:

Thanks alot.
Bookmarked!

It seems my babe has now taken to the Literature section. wink
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Nomski0:
Thanks cheesy
uwc! grin continue please!
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by princesa(f): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Danhumprey: Bookmarked!

It seems my babe has now taken to the Literature section. wink

And we welcome her with widely opened arms.

Following.smiley
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Danhumprey: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2013
princesa:

And we welcome her with widely opened arms.

Following.smiley
I hope you guys won't maltreat her o. You people should take whatever criticism you want to throw at her suffry suffry. Encourage her. wink
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by timpaker(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Waiting for the last word...
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Obidikejr(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
Where are you at?
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Clemzy16(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sweetheart, do you mean to write 'angel' instead of 'angele' in the topic?
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2013

Lightning flashed across the bright skies of the Old Shrine region followed closely by her husband thunder, who rambled for dominance.
The once bright weather darkened rapidly as the dark clouds hid the sun says.
Merisole's blue eyes widened in fright and she felt her heart race faster. The castle candles stationed at the entrance to her bed chambers lit as another lightning bolt raced across the pitch black sky.
She gasped and flew out of her chair racing all the way to the floor to ceiling window adjacent to her work table.
The Angele took in the surrounding of the region. The fields which she knew like the back of her hand suddenly felt foreign to her as she observed them for the first time in twenty four years under darkness.

Another bolt of lightning drew her gaze to the dark skies.
Before she could react, her chamber door burst open.

"Merisole, Merisole. What is going on?"
It was Frances, her fellow Angele. Her voice held fright.

"Do you have to ask Frances? Nightfall suddenly befalls us for the first time in over twenty four summers. There's obviously evil at work." Crystal said, this Angele was less frightened than the former.

"Silence." Merisole ordered. When they obeyed, she shut her eyes and willed her mind to block out her surrounding. If this was the witches at work, she needed to find them.
She emptied her mind of every doubt, she steadied her breathing as she felt herself being transported.....she felt her mind touring every inch of the region searching for any thing foreign.

Merisole saw her powers taking her to the boundary, and when she saw why, her mouth slowly fell open.

She saw her.

The girl.

She was climbing an elder vine, looking so carefree.

It couldn't be.
She was alive.

As that thought left her mind, Merisole could almost hear the thunderous skies whisper, "She's here"

A chilly wind enveloped her, and she shivered. It couldn't be. Her head told her.

But deep down in her heart, she knew it was true. She was alive.

And she'd crossed the boundary.

"Alexandria!" Milo screamed
His screams did nothing to stop her, she kept running.
And he wasted no time in taking to his heels, but he was too late.

He swallowed loudly as he watch her effortlessly cruise through the fifty year old boundary, before she stopped to catch her breath.

His brown eyes held shock, and awe as he watched her grin foolishly in victory.

"See, I told you. They're all just stories. And lies too."
She said, pausing between every word to take huge gulps of air.

Milo opened his mouth to argue but no sound came out. He couldn't believe it!
His Nana had told him stories about the boundary, and how no one got into Old Shrine alive.
But, his best friend just did, and she made all those stories look like they were all just that-stories and nothing else.

"Can you still see me?" Alexandria waved giving her dumbstruck best friend a mocking look.

He nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

"See, no creatures attacking. Besides, what kind of a boundary is invisible? " She said with a grin before climbing the short elder vine to get the current object of her affection. A stupid imaginary one. She replied her question with a smirk.
"This bunch will be worth the risk Miles. And please, close your mouth, I'm safe"

Milo couldn't move, he just stood there watching Alexandria pluck the elderberry bunch.

Alexandria smirked when she caught the bunch and waved it at Milo. "Don't they look tasty?"
She shook her head when he still didn't reply her.

"Look, if it bothers you so much, I'll cross back. Just stop looking at me like I'm evil or something."

"No no, wait. Don't cross." Milo said suddenly finding his voice.

She cocked a brow at him. "Seriously?"

"Maybe everyone can cross it. Maybe the problem is getting out. That's when the creatures attack and feed on your soul."

Alexandria giggled, " Do you have any idea how incredibly stupid you sound?"

"I'm serious. Those creatures exist. I'm sure of that"

"Look around Miles." She gestured around.
"There're no creatures. This place is just......."
Alexandria trailed off when she noticed the sudden darkening of the skies.

"Just what?" Milo asked getting even more worried.

"Miles whoa. You have to see this." She pointed to the darkening sky, fascinated by it.

"See what? It's the creatures right? Run, Lexy run!" He all but screamed.

"No! No, it's not creatures. The skies, they're darkening.....its like day and night all at the same time." She smiled at the clouds. It was the most beautiful thing ever. Daylight and Nightfall, seperated by just a thin line.

"That doesnt even make any sense. But I know its a bad sign, you have to get out of there before.."

"Before what Miles? Nothing is happening, shut up and come over here."

"Have you gone crazy? I'm not crossing the boundary. Please let's leave Lexy, this place gives me the creeps. You've got your stupid berries now let's just go"

Alexandria narrowed her eyes then screamed "HELP!"

1 Like

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Modified
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
Clemzy16: Sweetheart, do you mean to write 'angel' instead of 'angele' in the topic?

No it's ANGELE not ANGEL.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Clemzy16(m): 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nomski0:

No it's ANGELE not ANGEL.
Noted.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by OMA4U(m): 12:25am On Dec 07, 2013
Nice story! I'm following. But there are few errors, so take note!
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 07, 2013
OMA4U: Nice story! I'm following. But there are few errors, so take note!
hell yeah' dame you write alright. nevertheless be conscious of the bleeping errors. one step at a time, you'll only get better in time. success is yours. claim it. plus im following already.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Aghagba(f): 10:22am On Dec 07, 2013
My namesake.good job u got here.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Oyinprince(m): 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
smiley
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by BukkyDan(f): 11:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
Wow...#following#
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
OMA4U: Nice story! I'm following. But there are few errors, so take note!

Thanks. And sorry about the errors.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
Funnicator: hell yeah' dame you write alright. nevertheless be conscious of the bleeping errors. one step at a time, you'll only get better in time. success is yours. claim it. plus im following already.

Thanks. This means alot. cheesy
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
Aghagba: My namesake.good job u got here.

I finally found a namesake on the forum! grin. Thanks alot.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 10:00pm On Dec 10, 2013

"HELP!"

Alexandria let out an ear piercing scream before dropping to her knees, the elder bunch falling by her side.
"Miles, help! They've got me!"

Milo's eyes widened before they flashed with fright as he watched his Lexy drop to her knees in a lifeless manner.

"Alexandria!"

"Miles please help. They've got me." She made a chocking sound and coughed repeatedly, tears spilled from her eyes.

Internally, Alexandria smirked. She was going to make Milo cross the boundary. He needed to grow up and if pretending to be hurt was going to get him to the other side........she was ready to pull it off.

Milo forgot all about the stories his Nana told him, they flew from his mind the instant he saw his friend lifeless on the ground, helpless on the other side.

In less than an instant , he dashed forward towards her breathing fiercely, intending to cross the forbidden boundary........only he couldn't.

He heard the screams......just like his Nana said people did.
The little fly-like creatures buzzed around him screaming in their high pitched voices.
They crowded him, showing no mercy.

Milo let out a scream as he felt a thick liquid flowing out of his ears and nose. His vision clouded and he saw bright red spots replacing Alexandria. He coughed, feeling suddenly weak and felt the green fields coming to meet him.

Fast and Hard.

Merisole felt momentarily disconnected from her surroundings when she heard another scream. The scream of death and fear.

Another soul was departing. She heard the Cyrenes attack. She heard their nerve wrecking screams.......and the blood of the innocent soul.

"Queen Mother, that sound. Its the Cyrenes." Naomi's said her blue eyes suddenly turning yellow as it did whenever the Cyrenes killed an innocent.

"What is going on? Are these Hart demons never tired of attacking. Its been twenty five years." Frances muttered her hands flying in every direction.
Her hatred for the Hart Haven Witches was never hidden. This particular Angele's feelings for their arch enemies went beyond the physical.

"Merisole?"

"Queen Mother? What do you see?"

Merisole heard the voices in the room. At least a part of her did, but she couldn't make sense of the words. Her entire focus was in her vision.

She saw the soul departing as the magical warrior of Almeria attacked without hesistation. She smelt the blood even as she was over twenty acres away.

She saw the girl run towards the poor creature and Merisole unconsciously took a step forward to stop her.

But it was too late.

She opened her eyes before narrowing them at the clearing skies. The girl was leaving their realm and the clouds were departing with her.

That, she couldn't let happen.

Merisole turned to her fellow Angele.
"Prepare the Slade. We have to get to the boundary."

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2013

Alexandria whipped her head around to confirm her suspicions. Fair enough, Milo was on the floor screaming....no, wailing actually.

She stood to her feet rolling her eyes. "Really Miles? Really? You don't have to pretend, I know you're not hurt."

She retrieved her bunch before giving him a second look frowning.
"Come on Miles. I know the stories are lies. Just get up."

She knew he was faking, just like she was seconds earlier.
This was her thing, pretending to be hurt to get whatever she wanted. Now, he was using it against her.

"Miles, get up and come over here. Honestly, acting is not your strong suit." She folded her hands.

"Miles?"

She took small steps towards her friend. "Miles?"

This time, fear had seeped into her voice, causing it to break a little.
She kept taking small steps towards him until she spotted the blood puddle.

Alexandria broke out in a run screaming all the way.
"Miles! Miles, what, what, what is----hey get up! Stop this."
She shook him hard when she finally held his body in her hands.

Alexandria clapped his face. "Look at me Miles. Please! Help, someone help me. I need help. Please."
The tears poured nonstop as her eyes travelled the empty arena searching for any sigh of life.
But the Valene pass was as silent as a graveyard.

"Miles. I'm sorry, please open your eyes. Miles don't do this to me. Please!"

She shook him harder, refusing to accept that her only friend might be dead because of her recklessness.
She sobbed harder still clutching him in her bosom.

Oh, Alexa. What have you done? She thought. I killed him. I killed my Miles.

The sound of Hooves drew her out from her semi-trance. Her eyes scanned the place trying to place the source of the sound.

North west.

With that she ran blindly in that direction screaming. "Help! Please help"

Nicholas Wellington patted his prized Stallion grinning foolishly. "You'd have to do better than that Darren."

The man behind him groaned jumping down from what was probably a soon to be dead horse.
"You just got lucky Nick. And I'm going to slay this stùpid horse." Darren Wellington muttered adjusting his hat.

"Don't take it out on the poor horse. It's not its fault you suck so much."

Darren ignored his cousin. "How far are we from the palace?" He had to ask because this place felt foreign to him. It reeked of middle class and......poverty.

"About half a day's ride. This is lower Valene."Nicholas replied patting his snow white horse.
"We need to find a stream to water them. They look exhausted."

Darren smirked. "I'm exhausted." He picked a stone and tossed it towards a ripening apple on the nearby tree.

"So this is Nick's private sanctuary? Of all the tony places in Almeria, the crown prince chooses trees and wild animals as his sacred companions" Darren said to his cousin with a mocking tone.

Before he could reply. They heard the weak voice scream.

"Help."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have you been scammed as a writer? Share your story! / Must Read: Bra Boi (18+) - Full Story / My Appreciation Letter To 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.