Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Pls Help My Cousin Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help My Cousin Out (1006 Views)

My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It? / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / Should I Eject My Lesbian Cousin From My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Cousin Out by olafunny(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
My name is ola and this is all about my cousin.
My cousin (name withheld), age 27, who graduated from unilorin in 2010 was so much lucky to secure job in a nice company in lagos. Before he became a man of his own, he was leaving on his parents and his father has been supportive. He had worked partly in many small companies to make a living before gaining admission into unilorin. The problem he had then is that whenever he collected his salary, his father would collect it and give him what to spend. At first he tought it was normal not until his father turned it into a routine task. As soon as he collected his salary his father would collect and divide. This happened for a while before he quit and gained admission.
When he fortunately secured employment in lagos in 2013 after 3years of searching, he though he had become a man of himself but his father cleared his doubt. The first salary he collected, his father asked for it in cash and he complied. He shared it and kept the rest. The only song of his father is 'you are too young to spend money without guidance, i dont want you to perish because you are not married'. Whenever this my cousin wants to do anything big, he must inform my uncle, who is his father. This has been going on from then till this moment. He is confused, he wanted to quit the job but i said he shouldn't.
Pls wise people on nairaland, what should he do? He respects his father alot, but he needs his freedom.
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by olafunny(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Am also confused myself
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by holatin(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
it can never happen to street boy
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by amichaelz101(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
Kk
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by perry2020(f): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
For the father to be acting that way the young man might have been maybe spending excessively on unreasonable things which u might not know abt and the dad might have noticed the young man doesn't know how to save,the father might be helping him save his money so he won't get duped by these girls out der looking for maga or perhaps him buying drinks everyday for frnds.

But as holatin said it can't happen to a street boy

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by Goldenboy007(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
Let him take a baseball bat and block his father in the room early in the morning! A quick swing of the bat should tidy that matter!!!

Is that the advise you are expecting to hear? As far as you are under someone's roof then live by their rules, if you know are old enough to be your own master, move out!!!
However note this, it would be a shame for you to move and discover life isn't as easy as you thought! Patience is a virtue! Be wise!
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by holatin(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
perry2020:
For the father to be acting that way the young man might have been maybe spending excessively on unreasonable things which u might not know abt and the dad might have noticed the young man doesn't know how to save,the father might be helping him save his money so he won't get duped by these girls out der looking for maga or perhaps him buying drinks everyday for frnds.

But as holatin said it can't happen to a street boy
tanx ma'am
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by Evina(f): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
What?! shocked
Honestly, this makes absolutely no sense to me. The dad is a control freak, who doesn't want to accept that his little boy is now a man. He must learn to stand up for himself. Subtly but firm.

Is he the only child?
Re: Pls Help My Cousin Out by simpleseyi: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
He has allowed this bad act by his father, so to stop it will have to be very tactical in order to avoid his father's anger. Please tell him return home from work next week and put on a very sad face and attitude. He should then go to his father and tell the father that he (your friend) wants to quit his job. His father will ask him why, then your friend should tell his father that his (your friend's) company said that due to financial constraints and unimpressive performance of the company in 2014, the company has decided to slash all employees salary by 40%, so he (your friend) wants to drop his resignation.

His father will advice that he should wait till he (your friend) gets another job before quitting his current job. By doing this, your friend can open an account if he does not have any and start saving 40% of his salary while still pretending to be very angry with his current job.

Parents are not supposed to milk their children dry. He just started work, he still needs support from his father and not turn him (your friend) to the family bread winner loser.

(1) (Reply)

"Will You Be My Best Man?" A Question Too Many. / A Tip On How To Have A Happy Marriage (photo) / The Problem Of Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.