Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year (15242 Views)

Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies / NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum / NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by oweman: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Is there really a promise or agreement jonathan ever keep
check the attached to make a comment

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by aimuan(m): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
emaculate99:
how are u sure he is the right person?
thats why we need to give him the chance.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by kingpheenix(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
This oau of a school get wahala
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by roland2rule(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2014

IBIKUNLE AGAIN...
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by clemz88(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
The gudluck you know is better than the buhari you don't know. Be wise !!! . I don't trust this APC because they are already displaying the motives in a violent way.

Quote me wrongly and see how thunder go fire you.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by roland2rule(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
kingpheenix:
This oau of a school get wahala

IBIKUNLE, see wetin u cause now..
na y dis one get liver to talk say we get WAHALA..
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by jdbrasco(m): 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hw much are dey paying now? GEJ. Will win come feb 2015 so dey shldnt cause more problem to themselve. Well GEJ is a democrat he will not purnish dem shaa unlike Buhari who would hv given them a frog jump
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Marvin67: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nigeria is a very funny country. Sometimes I ask if we really know the meaning of democracy.

ASUU went on strike, demanding (amongst other things) university autonomy. The FG knew the implications of such demand and didn't want to grant the request. Students, Parents, everyone clamoured that the FG heeds to the demand of ASUU.

FG eventually granted ASUU's request. Gave the universities autonomy and also gave out money to the universities (which was also part of the demand).

Months later, Universities start increasing fees, and student start calling on the FG. My question is, don't you know the meaning of autonomy? Were you not the ones calling the FG names for refusing to sign the agreement with those selfish ASUU members?

Cry to your VC not the FG. Now we are all suffering from the university autonomy
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Johnsinia(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
princealbashir:
No sane Nigerian should vote for this man. Only those that want God to govern their life the way Jonathan is governing Nigeria will vote for him. #Change is All We Want.
stop all this nonsense and also stop joking with the name of God or else satan wil soak ur blood and that of baboo the way Buhari want innocent Nigerians to be soaked.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Kejilee(m): 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
if you will be writing this 2015 jamb and pume and u
chose obafemi awolowo university # kindly vist
WWW.Facebook.com/oausb (( and like the page )) to
get info ,counselling ,and exam tips and material #
OAU SMARTBRAINS have candidates # if u wish to be
one of their candidate (( its free )) just visit and like the
page or call 08165359655 # (( ur success is our
happiness ))
# be smart !!! and make your paper ones to gain ur
admission
#team oausb# thanks
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by musiwa97: 12:03am On Dec 30, 2014
Basically you have been paying taxes for 50 years . which you are not to pay. Don't pay Nigeria taxes.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by josfamdl(m): 1:27am On Dec 30, 2014
i waz on long queu behind a man in first bank ota yestd n he askd d cashier for Gmb's acct.
i askd wy hes funding dis man
he said ng needs a competent n courageous leader dat can take decision n taclkle insurgent n prevent it frm spreading to other region nt d one dat ll keep blaming opposition for his incopetency.
Nd dat ng need a president dat can face d security challenges in dis country wc gmb has demostrtd in d past..
if jeg can silent bharam for a month am sure majority of d yorubas ll chnge deir thought n vote for him.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by sexyjob(m): 1:42am On Dec 30, 2014
princealbashir:
No sane Nigerian should vote for this man. Only those that want God to govern their life the way Jonathan is governing Nigeria will vote for him. #Change is All We Want.
Do we have a better option? Or are you considering a Nigeria without a president? Jonathan is the best among the available. We still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by seunlayi(m): 5:39am On Dec 30, 2014
is gej the one that inflate the price of tuition in OAU? is their no other federal universities that are paying about half of what oau is paying? has your GMB who can't manage this earned income promised you a reduction? I just wonder how must of this undergraduate think than holding their school authority responsible for the reason behind the hike.

when you ask for change when their is no better option, it always leads to disaster. Ask people in Libya, Iraq, Syria, Egypt...... let them tell you.

GEJ TILL WHEN THEIR IS BETTER ALTERNATIVE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Leqsy(m): 6:49am On Dec 30, 2014
seunlayi:
is gej the one that inflate the price of tuition in OAU? is their no other federal universities that are paying about half of what oau is paying? has your GMB who can't manage this earned income promised you a reduction? I just wonder how must of this undergraduate think than holding their school authority responsible for the reason behind the hike.

when you ask for change when their is no better option, it always leads to disaster. Ask people in Libya, Iraq, Syria, Egypt...... let them tell you.

GEJ TILL WHEN THEIR IS BETTER ALTERNATIVE
OAU is still the cheapest uni in west Africa...even Africa I think...so don't tell us there are schools that pay half of what we're paying because there are no such schools on this planet sir
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by hotwax: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2014
epospiky:
Do they think their votes against GEJ will ever be noticed? Eyah

thats what you say to console yasef. Nigeria is changing. Nobody supported Buhari last time the way it is now.

You PDP paid online workers should have a rethink. Things are changing. Buhari is getting support this time around.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by yudee233: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2014
shachris03:
This is a wake up call to other student unions. Jonathan does not have the interest of students and graduates at heart. The only thing he is after is cooking with his 9 billion naira stove. Jonathan must go. Aluta continua!
Bros before you conclude ask LASU students how far
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2014
adaweezy:
of the greatest Ife Ifelaw I belong
greatest ifelaw 2013 I belong, u?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Tajudeenilislam: 8:07am On Dec 30, 2014
It is shame that a doctorate degree holder don't have compassion for education. And his wife cannot speak the lingual franca of the nation be govern. What a shame?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 30, 2014
Leading a country of 144 million no be beans o. Here in Ondo state d people cried out change and change come but now every single person regrets of voting Dr. Olusegun Mimiko into power. Go ahead and vote Buhari i will be here in Nigeria to hear u cry again in agony.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2014
I am laughing at the students.

Look....Nigeria needs oil prices to be at $126 a barrel just to balance the books.

Right now...oil is at $59 a barrel and dropping.

And the Budget is going to be one of AUSTERITY

So, fee increases are inevitable.,.....whoever is in charge next year....whether Jonathan or Buhari(whose first comming was notable for savings, and savings....except in that matter about the suitcases).

If you want world class universities.....you have to pay for them.

Looks like you students should have backed ASUU in 2013, eh?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by adaweezy(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2014
emaculate99:
greatest ifelaw 2013 I belong, u?

Ifelaw14 I belong
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by JesslordKay(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
emaculate99:
how are u sure he is the right person?
not even how sure, buhari is not
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Doilooklikeicare(m): 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... one university can't decide the fate of a whole nation... in this case,they're but a minority.
we won't vote for him here in UI
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
emaculate99:
Students of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, have appealed to President Goodluck Jonathan to fulfill the promise he made to them on reduction in the fees charged by the management of the university or be ready to lose the February 2015 presidential election.

The Student Union President, Mr. Isaac Ibikunle, and the Secretary, Mr. Oludare Bamidele, said this in a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Monday.

The president had held a brief meeting with the student union leaders when he visited the OAU to attend a political meeting organised by some Yoruba leaders on the campus.

Ibikunle had told our correspondent that the President promised to act fast on the demands of the students for reduction in the fees charged by the management of the university.

He noted that some students from poor background had dropped out of school because of the exorbitant fees being charged by higher institutions.

The student stated that crime would continue to be on the increase if education, which is the only sure way to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, was priced out of the reach of poor students.

He said OAU students and the entire students all over the country would work against the president if he fails to fulfill the promise he made to them on the fees and other matters relating to the education sector.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oau-students-threaten-to-oppose-jonathans-re-election/
. May i ask, was it GEJ dat hiked the fees in the first place?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by herald9: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Doilooklikeicare:

we won't vote for him here in UI

#Doilooklikeicare?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by engrkaz(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
jerryboiii:
Anything abou OAU and it's on FP..na OAU be d only varsity?
na Seun alma mater....na there me too go
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
adaweezy:

Ifelaw14 I belong
do u mean 2013/2013 set? the present part 1?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by adaweezy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
emaculate99:
do u mean 2013/2013 set? the present part 1?
final year of Part 5
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by jerryboiii(m): 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
engrkaz:
na Seun alma mater....na there me too go
i never asked u tho....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi State University Sent Their Medical Students Packing From Their Hostel / Wale Adebanwi Named Rhodes Professor At Oxford University / Coscharis Boosts Covenant University With Reverse Engineering Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.