Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Gtbank Introduces Buying Airtime For Others Without Authentication - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Introduces Buying Airtime For Others Without Authentication (1171 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* / CBN Introduces New Policy On Dormant Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Introduces Buying Airtime For Others Without Authentication by Suntemi(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
When GTBank newly introduced 1-Click Top Up service which enables anyone with a GTBank account to instantly recharge their registered phone number, I took to Twitter to explain to them why they need to include authentication but the man or the woman handling their Twitter account made me look like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Now, they have added an option that will enable their customers buy recharge card for others. While it sounds like a good innovation, I think adding no level of authentication is a bad idea. It means someone can just pick my phone, dial *737*his number*1000# and my account will get debited. I think they should include a passcode like they did to "Share n Sell"

GTBank can claim we should learn to keep our phones secure but they should remember we've got friends and families and some of them can be very funny a times

Re: Gtbank Introduces Buying Airtime For Others Without Authentication by tradot: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
Its really not secured..
Re: Gtbank Introduces Buying Airtime For Others Without Authentication by bedfordng(m): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
They came up with the first initiative and many people complained of it not being secured and yet they did not listen.now this time around, its transfer to friends and family.i expected gtbank to know that this features is not secured.some one could reck another persons account as a result of no authentication.in as much as this is a welcome development, to me, it is not complete without authentication
Re: Gtbank Introduces Buying Airtime For Others Without Authentication by Suntemi(m): 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
They really need to make it secure.

(1) (Reply)

New Business Opportunity In Nigeria (It Is Well Known In Ghana And S.A) / Importers Of Clothes, Shoes And Accessories From The UK, Lets Discuss! / How To Withdraw From Your Fiverr Account If You Do Not Have A Paypal Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.