Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? (6814 Views)

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

Buahaha , ur Almighty God die ? Lols , but your bible said "God cannot die" habakuk 1:12 , what a contradiction
This is quite hilarious! When some1 claims contradiction without knowledge of the topic they address, its quite amusing!!!
Please tell me, when u die here on earth, do u cease to exist (That's d first question of enlightenment)

also, Habakkuk 1:12 doesn't say "God cannot die"...quotation below

12  Are you not from everlasting,
O Lord my God, my Holy One?
We shall not die.
O Lord, you have ordained them as a judgment,
and you, O Rock, have established them for reproof.

Infact if u read that to mean God cannot die...then it infers what Trinitarians believe, that God is a Tri-Personal being...
Stop quoting out of context
"We shall not die" -- who are the we? God? (Question 2)
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Freksy(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Many things can be called "god"

Jesus is the only begotten son of the almighty god.

There are many gods, but just one almighty god, Jesus' heavenly father
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Many versions , many confusion

dejilg:

Please tell me, when u die here on earth, do u cease to exist (That's d first question of enlightenment)

also, Habakkuk 1:12 doesn't say "God cannot die"...quotation below

Many bible versions say " you (God) shall not die" , do you agree ?

12  Are you not from everlasting,
O Lord my God, my Holy One?
We shall not die.
O Lord, you have ordained them as a judgment
and you, O Rock, have established them for reproof.
Infact if u read that to mean God cannot die...then it infers what Trinitarians believe, that God is a Tri-Personal being...
Stop quoting out of context
"We shall not die" -- who are the we? God? (Question 2)

Absurd !

If the we refers to your 3 headed god , then its contradicted by the fact that your almighty jesus die , aftrall he is part of the "we" ! grin

Moreover , If the we refers to humans . Then thats a lie coz all humans die .
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:
Many versions , many confusion

Many bible versions say " you (God) shall not die" , do you agree ?

Absurd !

If the we refers to your 3 headed god , then its contradicted by the fact that your almighty jesus die , aftrall he is part of the "we" ! grin

Moreover , If the we refers to humans . Then thats a lie coz all humans die .

Smh!!! Now can u show us "which versions" say that its "God" that the "we" refers to and I don't worship a 3 headed god, why can't u interact meaningfully...like I do point out, know what u criticize well, don't just blab!!!

Again, u say "all humans die" --- but have u heard ppl quote "I shall not die but live, to declare the goodness of the LORD" --- doesn't that refer to humans

Again u have chosen to ignore the questions I asked! I guess it beats wat ur "intelligence" can handle
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
dejilg:

Smh!!! Now can u show us "which versions" say that its "God" that the "we" refers to and I don't worship a 3 headed god, why can't u interact meaningfully...like I do point out, know what u criticize well, don't just blab!!!
Those bibles didnt say "WE " , they refer to the bible God as " YOU shall not die" - NIV , Holman , NET Bible makes it clear " God , you are Immortal" . Can u see ?

Again, u say "all humans die" --- but have u heard ppl quote "I shall not die but live, to declare the goodness of the LORD" --- doesn't that refer to humans

But those people eventually die , shey ? grin

Again u have chosen to ignore the questions I asked! I guess it beats wat ur "intelligence" can handle

Since you dont exist before you were born and you dont know anything ,when you die you return to that same condition of non-existence , u know nothing.

ur bible makes it clear " the DEAD dont know anything" ecc 9:5 wink
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

Those bibles didnt say "WE " , they refer to the bible God as " YOU shall not die" - NIV , Holman , NET Bible makes it clear " God , you are Immortal" . Can u see ?

But those people eventually die , shey ? grin

Since you dont exist before you were born and you dont know anything ,when you die you return to that same condition of non-existence , u know nothing.

ur bible makes it clear " the DEAD dont know anything" ecc 9:5 wink

The dead knowing nothing doesn't mean that when a person dies, they cease to exist (I wonder if u actually read what u type)...do u remember everythin u did as a child or the day u were born? (am guessing "no"wink but does that mean u cease to exist at that time
Again I will ask u the question "when one dies, does that person cease to exist?"

Moving on to the text about "we shall not die", u mentioned some translations that says "You" none of the says "God" in place of the "you" (incase you don't know, the spirit of man is immortal, only the body dies) ---

When u r ready to discuss the issue of Trinity, let me know, and we'd discuss, and if u r at anytime a student of the Bible, then u wudnt lament over the "death and resurrection" of Christ Jesus!!!
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
dejilg:

The dead knowing nothing doesn't mean that when a person dies, they cease to exist (I wonder if u actually read what u type)...do u remember everythin u did as a child or the day u were born? (am guessing "no"wink but does that mean u cease to exist at that time
Again I will ask u the question "when one dies, does that person cease to exist?"

Absurd ! dat bible didnt say "the dead dont REMEMBER anything", it says "dead KNOWS NOTHING",ur logic fails coz a baby knows some tins i.e when to eat and a child knows they should go to school

Moving on to the text about "we shall not die", u mentioned some translations that says "You" none of the says "God" in place of the "you"

*laughter* the " YOU" refer to whom ?

(incase you don't know, the spirit of man is immortal, only the body dies) ---

that mean nobody really died , the real Jesus himself never died ONLY his body dies . Xristianity is indeed a scam
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

Absurd ! dat bible didnt say "the dead dont REMEMBER anything", it says "dead KNOWS NOTHING",ur logic fails coz a baby knows some tins i.e when to eat and a child knows they should go to school

*laughter* the " YOU" refer to whom ?

that mean nobody really died , the real Jesus himself never died ONLY his body dies . Xristianity is indeed a scam

U haven't answered d question, just rehashing ur ignorance of it....
"does not knowing anything implies ceasing to exist?" --- that's the question, deal with it... Yes, the Bible says that the dead, is conscious of "nothing" around it...not that it forgets or doesn't remember, and definitely the Bible ddnt say the dead ceases to exist...

so answer the question and stop beating about!!!
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
dejilg:

U haven't answered d question, just rehashing ur ignorance of it....
"does not knowing anything implies ceasing to exist?" --- that's the question, deal with it... Yes, the Bible says that the dead, is conscious of "nothing" around it...not that it forgets or doesn't remember, and definitely the Bible ddnt say the dead ceases to exist...

so answer the question and stop beating about!!!

Lol, you dont make any sense @bold , the more you still remember some things , you are conscious of many things . But once you are brain dead , you cant remember anything, thus you know nothing .

Take this :

" for you are like smoke that appears for sometime and then vanishes " - james 4:14

When a smoke vanish, does it continue to exist ?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Medicis(m): 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Which means he is not God almighty himself?
He is God aimighty himself.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Rilwayne001: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
Medicis:
He is God aimighty himself.
Are you sure?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Medicis(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Are you sure?
very sure
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by ichuka(m): 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Jehovah is God.
Jesus is God.
Adeniyi is a god.
"God" is like surname for all those associated with Jehovah God or His children.

Seun is Osewa,
Seyi(seun's son) is also Osewa.
Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

All children of God have "God" as their adoptive surname. Jesus calls Him "father"

CC MzNelly, OLAADEGBU , ichuka, malvisguy212
My bro.
If Jesus Christ is not God,then Salvation is a big FRAUD!!!
In the aspect of Salvation two parties were invovle only.GOD and MAN.never a third guy or party.
it was Man that sinned against God,so Man has to die.but,because God loves Man and dont want Him to perish and also He(God) has to uphold His Righteouness(that is,He cant forgive Mans sins without dealing with sins).He has to take Mans side of the deal and die for Man,BUT!!There's a big Problem.He,God CANNOT DIE!even if He takes the side of Man theres no way of the deal coming through.because He cant die.
Thats were philipians2:5-7 comes in to play.It said that God emptied Himself of His Divine/Godly nature inorder to be qualify for the deal/agreement(To die)as a Man.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by CANTICLES: 8:55am On Jul 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
"Before Abraham was I AM" Thats it there 4 u He claim He is the I AM who I AM. again "I AM the way,the truth and life" I AM is the Tittle of YAHWEY whom u call Jehovah. Here see "And you will die in your sins if you do not believe that "I AM WHO I AM" other version says "unless you believe i am HE" remember the Title "HE" is used for God Almighty in Isaiah many times "I'm the first and the last, I AM HE" Thats what God calls Himself in Isaiah "I AM HE". Jesus saying "I AM HE" makes the Jew says "You been man made urself God". They understand the word "HE", "I AM". To ur Suprise i will tell u this "The Father was not revealed throughout the Old Testament.The person Abraham speaks to was Jesus the Lord nd dats why Jesus exclaim "Your Father Abraham long to see my day He saw it and rejoice" all the prophets in the Scripture call upon Jesus the Lord always. Then Jesus came but they do not know him as the Lord God,He came to reveal to them the Deity of God,He explain to them of the Father,Son and the Holy Spirit. The Jews did not know there is a Father so they ask him "Where is ur Father" they do not even know God. Jesus is God every word of the prophet points it out plain unless u will reject it like the Jews reject bcus dey don't know who Jesus is neither did they know d Father,talkless of the Holy Spirit.

She asked you to show her the scripture where Jesus said I am God , you are quoting " I Am" , VERY FUNNY, so you are teling me this angel in judges 13:11 is God Almighty since he claim " I AM"

New Living Translation
Manoah ran back with his wife and
Asked, "Are you the man who spoke to
my wife the other day?" "Yes," he
Replied, "I am."

English Standard Version
And Manoah arose and went after his
wife and came to the man and said to
him, “Are you the man who spoke to
this woman?” And he said, “I am.” ? ?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by xynth(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die?

http://carm.org/how-jesus-god-die
that's a funny question. Jesus is a version of God that came in human flesh, born extraordinarily, did extraordinary things and died extraordinaily to prove he possessed flesh. He defeated the jaws of death to show he is not ordinary
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
MizJanet:

Lol, you dont make any sense @bold , the more you still remember some things , you are conscious of many things . But once you are brain dead , you cant remember anything, thus you know nothing .

Take this :

" for you are like smoke that appears for sometime and then vanishes " - james 4:14

When a smoke vanish, does it continue to exist ?
Now let's see who doesn't make any sense,
So if for instance, some1 gets involved in an accident, and d person is said to be unconscious, does this mean that if d person regains consciousness s/he must forget what they had knowledge of in the past?
Again u make me laugh, "does it mean one forgets everything when dey are dead?" If yes, how dd u come to this conclusion? Have u been dead before??
U never cease to amaze me with ur logic and the way u force ur faulty reasoning on issues...

All dis verses u throw are nothing but an exposition of your ignorance...taking verses out of context and showing lack of understanding of the writer's intent....
as regards the above verse u quoted..."does the writer (James) believe that wen a man dies, he ceases to exist?" --- again that's the question u have been dodging...keep running, u r only exposing ur ignorance!
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by BERNIMOORE: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU will just sit back and watch you guys attracting traffic to His controversial topic and then nothing changes, each one will still go to sleep with his own opinion on the matter, I wonder oo. chai! cheesy grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
dejilg:

[s] Now let's see who doesn't make any sense,
So if for instance,some1 gets involved in an accident,and d person is said to be unconscious,does this mean that if d person regains consciousness s/he must forget what they had knowledge of in the past?
Again u make me laugh, "does it mean one forgets everything when dey are dead?" If yes, how dd u come to this conclusion? Have u been dead before??
U never cease to amaze me with ur logic and the way u force ur faulty reasoning on issues...

All dis verses u throw are nothing but an exposition of your ignorance taking verses out of context and showing lack of understanding of the writer's intent
as regards the above verse u quoted..."does the writer (James) believe that wen a man dies, he ceases to exist?" --- again that's the question u have been dodging...keep running, u r only exposing ur ignorance! [/s]

*stop making noise*
Answer d question: when a smoke vanish, does it continue to exist ?

Waitin ...
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
see...?!! i just accused u of forcing ur reasoning on people and yet u show it as a proud attribute of urs...

now let me answer ur question (in science, things don't vanish/disappear, the transform, so smoke will transform and nt vanish) - I hope that clears it for u...don't cry that I don't understand d English word "smoke or vanish". I guess I forgot, that makes me "unconscious" right? --- that's ur reasoning

I asked an important question, to know if u r familiar with the writing (James') u quoted, but all u cud do is "answer me joor" --- well goodluck with the empty rants and attack!!! gotta invest my time in sometin/someone much more reasonable
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
CANTICLES:

She asked you to show her the scripture where Jesus said I am God , you are quoting " I Am" , VERY FUNNY, so you are teling me this angel in judges 13:11 is God Almighty since he claim " I AM"

New Living Translation
Manoah ran back with his wife and
Asked, "Are you the man who spoke to
my wife the other day?" "Yes," he
Replied, "I am."

English Standard Version
And Manoah arose and went after his
wife and came to the man and said to
him, “Are you the man who spoke to
this woman?” And he said, “I am.” ? ?

Yes, infact that "Angel" is the Pre Incarnate Lord Jesus...He is the manifestation of Yahweh on earth! do a quick read on "Angel of YHWH" or "Malakh YHWH" of the old testament...see that the figure is "God" and made such claims with His words too!!!

I wonder if the lady will believe me if I say "I am God" --- does this change anything at all? Infact this will make people to either mock me or even kill me...so why demand such from Jesus? but we find Jesus demonstrating that He is infact YHWH that accompanied Israel all through the Old Testament...that's a more solid proof than saying "I am God"
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
dejilg:
see...?!! I just accused u of forcing ur reasoning on people and yet u show it as a proud attribute of urs...

now let me answer ur question (in science, things don't vanish/disappear, the transform, so smoke will transform and nt vanish) - I hope that clears it for u...don't cry that I don't understand d English word "smoke or vanish". I guess I forgot, that makes me "unconscious" right? --- that's ur reasoning

I asked an important question, to know if u r familiar with the writing (James') u quoted, but all u cud do is "answer me joor" --- well goodluck with the empty rants and attack!!! gotta invest my time in sometin/someone much more reasonable

grin , who taught you science ? So you cant differentiate between "steam" and "smoke" ?

Its Steam that transform to vapor , while smoke dissipates into the air . cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by CANTICLES: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
dejilg:

Yes, infact that "Angel" is the Pre Incarnate Lord Jesus ...He is the manifestation of Yahweh on earth! do a quick read on "Angel of YHWH" or "Malakh YHWH" of the old testament...see that the figure is "God" and made such claims with His words too!!!

I wonder if the lady will believe me if I say "I am God" --- does this change anything at all? Infact this will make people to either mock me or even kill me...so why demand such from Jesus? but we find Jesus demonstrating that He is infact YHWH that accompanied Israel all through the Old Testament...that's a more solid proof than saying "I am God"

Hmm , @BOLD ... You just proved that Jesus is an angel .
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dolphinheart(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
Is jesus the father? If jesus is not the father, how can he be the almighty God? Or do we have more than one almighty God?
Does the almighty God hve brothers?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by sprucewunmi(f): 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=gatiano post=29345120]Jesus is GOD, I am GOD, You are GOD, Every Blackman and Blackwoman is GOD, GOD is GOD. GOD can expire, but HE has eternal life. All Black People in the universe when they are connected and united. Then that is called GOD in divine unity or GOD in cosmic unity and love, This GOD is ONE and he can never die, never, never, there was no beginning to him, there will never be an ending to HIM/HER. if you notice, in african languages, we do not use he/she as pronoun, we use "o" or "e". that is to show that there is no difference in Blackman and Blackwomen. Black people of nl, study the history and sciences of yourselves, find it, seek it even if needs you to go extra 1000 miles under the pacific ocean.
The whiteman and non-black are promised everlasting life if they repent. Black people? you have eternal life except you want or choose to mess up really really bad, which include bleaching of skin (yes, what i mean really is turning yourself to non-black by continous intermixing with whites.
thus black people, you can't really die what is called a second death (it is impossible). However as Jesus went to hell for 3 days, so will I , so will you, we can't escape it, for 3 days, for some it may seem like 3 secs, some 3 mins, some 3 days, some 3 years, depending on the gravity of your sins and crime.(there is no time in hell). For example, you are a blackman that just love adultery and fornication, no woman can pass you. now nobody has the time to be chasing you or looking for your name to put you in hell (condition), you yourself will choose it gladly since adultery and fornication is what you love. in the state, you can fool yourself, it will be like someone tearing you apart to remove that love of fornication and adultery. if you give it up quick, then 3 mins, if you are stubborn maybe 30 years, but not more than 3 days will a blackman give dirt and filth away.

This is pure african roots science, or blackroots science, i take no credit for this knowledge.[/quote ] may God 4giv u in Jesus name
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by gatiano(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
Only the Creators forgives, and He dwells inside of me.ot anywhere in the etheric space. The fact that you use Jesus (Yeshua), A big brother of mine in that prayer has made it some how weak, plus Jesus being an intelligent Blackman wouldn't have seen what your arguments is all about.

Black people, Remember! You're lactose intolerant!

[quote author=sprucewunmi post=36057680][/quote]
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
CANTICLES:

Hmm , @BOLD ... You just proved that Jesus is an angel .

lolzzz, if u ever know that the word translated "Angel" is not ur own definition of wat it is...go check on d hebrew word "Malakh" and get wat the jews understood by "malakh Yahweh"

do enjoy ur day while u do sometin meaning
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
MizJanet:

grin , who taught you science ? So you cant differentiate between "steam" and "smoke" ?

Its Steam that transform to vapor , while smoke dissipates into the air . cheesy

Yeah! Its been confirmed now that u can't understand anything at all...show me where I typed "steam" and if u know that smoke "dissipates into the air" --- then does it means its no longer existing I wonder who taught u science
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by MizJanet(f): 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
dejilg:

Yeah! Its been confirmed now that u can't understand anything at all...show me where I typed "steam" and if u know that smoke "dissipates into the air" --- then does it means its no longer existing I wonder who taught u science

Buhahaha , you now know smoke doesnt transform right ? Clueless people .
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
dolphinheart:
Is jesus the father?
If jesus is not the father, how can he be the almighty God?
Or do we have more than one almighty God?

Does the almighty God hve brothers?
No Jesus isn't the Father!

You:
If jesus is not the father, how can he be the almighty God?
Or do we have more than one almighty God?

Me: this is you limiting God to ur own nature of 1 person = 1 Being

God doesn't have brothers
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
MizJanet:

Buhahaha , you now know smoke doesnt transform right ? Clueless people .

This agains shows how ignorant u are!
Can I ask u again...what causes transformation and why can't "smoke transform?"

It seems u have a specific constituent that u understand as "smoke" --- how many times does a nutcase like u have to b schooled?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by CANTICLES: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
dejilg:

[s]
lolzzz, if u ever know that the word translated "Angel" is not ur own definition of wat it is...go check on d hebrew word "Malakh" and get wat the jews understood by "malakh Yahweh"

do enjoy ur day while u do sometin meaning [/s]

Vain Excuses , ANGEL is ANGEL
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by dejilg(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
CANTICLES:

Vain Excuses , ANGEL is ANGEL

and that settles it right
Very funny coming from a guy that wud hold u to prove somethin!!!
Must be hard for u in school...
I guess wen u call ur girlfriend "angel" she must be residing in heaven or perhaps she's a demon on earth now since she doesn't reside in heaven anymore---called her a fallen angel den....
Remember "angel is angel"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Style Prayer - Is It Effective? / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.