Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. (638 Views)

Boosting Your Self Esteem {part 1} / SELF ESTEEM – The Cancer Of Human Character, The Silent Killer. {part 1} / Website Design Sydney: Boosting Your Odds Of Becoming Successful Online By Using A Professional Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. by Prec1ous(m): 5:02am On Dec 31, 2014
Boosting your Self Esteem {part 1}

BY: IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS

A man’s strenght can indirectly be linked to how well and high he values himself.

Overtime it has been well proven that wealth and even the good things in life comes secondary to a man who has taken primary concern in his present self working in tandem with Godliness.

If you are struggling with low self esteem, then it is not a lost battle because you can boost self esteem and improve self confidence, by practising some things that you have momentarily taken as less important.

I am not trying to portray a perfect personality for myself, but since experience is the best teacher, permit me write from my personal experiences.

You can even discover your own boosts from experience by giving it time.

There are many things you can start doing to boost self esteem.

Here are some tips you can start applying to your daily life:

1.Honoring and loving yourself.

It is impossible to love and honor yourself if you are constantly blaming your existence and actions . Blaming means that you don't take responsibility for your life.

When this happens you are powerless and engage in negative thinking. The moment you can tell ypourelf that you are not perfect and thus can make mistakes, the less c omplicated things will be and the easier for you to love yourself.

How do I get out of this trap? I stop and change my negative self talk. Changing your negative self talk is a great boost . Give yourself permission to ask for your needs and even right to make mistakes, and see your beauty.

If you do not value yourself, who else will?

2. Do not judge other people.

When you judge others, do you feel that you are better than them or you use this judgment to feel better about yourself, either ways, you are displaying an hightened sense of insecurity.

When you judge others, they become your problem and the irony is that they may not be aware of your existence, so why the troubles. Live your life.

If I find myself judging someone, I immediately change my attention , to something productive that actually worths my time.
Whenever you have a thought that excludes you or judges anyone else, you aren't defining them. You're defining and positioning yourself to be way below them.

3. Stop feeling guilty.

So many persons are still lost in the past, holding on to mistakes and memories that should long be forgotten. Blaming themselves, when they should be progressing unto bigger things and taking steps into the next level.

Live a free life, you can’t control everything, but the few you can, do it right.

If i want to eat chocolate, a piece of cake or even “drink garri”, etc. I eat it without guilt.

The same if I need a nap , play or just relax and do nothing. Remember that guilt paralyze you. Even if you were mistaken, assume responsibility and move on.

It is described as, taking charge of your life and actions.

4. Don't take criticism personally.

Start to take criticism as a feedback to your output to the world, and see if you could learn and improve from it.

There is always an iota of truth in every criticism, they are like precious stones mixed in sand, take a time out to filter the golden nuggets and discover the the treasure that lies therein.

Some people think that they are better than others by putting them down. But in the real light, they are pissed that they can never be like you neither can they do all the things you can do.

Some people criticise out of sheer jealousy, the more reason why you need to be wise in your actions so you will not play into there hands.
Most time, critics are teachers, learn the best and ditch the worst.

5. Exercising helps boosting self esteem , your mood, body image and improve self confidence.

It is really important to choose an exercise you enjoy doing, instead of forcing yourself to do what you were told was better. Choose doing what you like , make it fun and enjoyable. Give your self treats and set landmarks.

Wear clothes that make you happy and gives you face a glow, do make up because it suits you and trying to fashion yourself after some other celebrity role model.

I have spent time with myself. My body is light, flexible and I feel a lot of energy.

I exercise frequently, if cannot run outside, I go to the gym or i just jump round the room, taking breaks to do push ups and pull up from the door post, quite ingenious.

Just be yourself.

6. Meditate.

It doesn't matter what meditation you use, the important key here is to be in silence. Meditation will connect you with your source of self worth and helps to improve self confidence. Its affords you special and ample time to get lost in thought that could end up been productive.

Try this, it works wonders.

I meditate every day; being in silence I connect to myself.

7. Have sense of humor.

I have a great sense of humor, that’s helps a lot because I won't dwell on self pity.

Start feeling happy and expanded .

Learn to laugh at yourself. People that are unable to laugh at themselves because of their own insecurities and fears, are already on a downward spiral to self destruct.

8. Celebrate success.

I celebrate success every day; even the small ones helps your self confidence. Become conscious of all you do, and take interest in the positive results too. Like me, i buy myself a large roasted turkey {my weakness} and ice cream to celebrate any extraordinary effort i take. I dont do that on a normal day.

Learn to reward yourself- from a chilled drink or even on a solitary timeout just to get popcorns.
I have become conscious of all my efforts and there results. ( I made dinner, I watered my plants, I was nice to an angry person, helped somebody, reached a goal, read a book, washed my clothes, etc).

Celebrate all your positive qualities. This habit will keep you motivated.
Take a moment and acknowledge every single effort do.

----- TO BE CONTINUE

Conclusion

Practice any of the 8 tips in your daily life. Start living the life you deserve with happiness and joy . The key is to do something for you so that you feel good .

Once you have tried a few of the tips I have suggested, make the ones that worked for you a routine.

And even add up yours, when your list is bulky, you will find reasons not to be sad anymore.

FOR MORE INSPIRATIONALS>>>>
GOTO

http://www.theyouinitiative.com/

Also like ues on FACEBOOK, follow on TWITTER and SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER for new UPDATES.

THANKS

http://www.theyouinitiative.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. by winner95(m): 6:28am On Dec 31, 2014
Nice one...

F.T.C.
(Apy New year in adv.)

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. by femimike1(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2014
cool
Re: Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. by Emmanuson: 10:00am On Dec 31, 2014
What is self esteem
Re: Boosting Your Self-esteem {part1 }. by Adesam09(m): 10:19am On Dec 31, 2014
OK... Tanx

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Oshiomole Kicks Out Igbinedion Uni Students From State Medical Facility / UNIPORT Increases School Fees?? / NECO Releases 2014 Nov/dec GCE Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.