Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Two-year-old Boy Shoots Mother Dead - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two-year-old Boy Shoots Mother Dead (582 Views)

Urgent! 3-year Old Boy Declared Missing In Lagos [photo] / Boy Of Two Shoots Mother Dead In US / 13 Yrs Boy Shoots His Parents To Death & Grandmother Before Killing Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two-year-old Boy Shoots Mother Dead by NJPot(m): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2014
A two-year-old boy has accidentally shot dead his mother at a Walmart store after a gun fired when he reached in her purse.
The shooting in Hayden, Idaho, about 40 miles (64km) northeast of Spokane, Washington, took place in the back of the store near the electronics department.
"Looking at the video from the store and interviewing some of the witnesses that we've got so far the shooting appears to be accidental," Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Lieutenant Stu Miller said.
"The child looks to be sitting in the shopping cart with the purse while the female victim was shopping."
Authorities were unsure at first whether the toddler was the woman's son.
She was shopping with three other children before she was shot. Her husband was not with her, but arrived shortly after.
Lt Miller said the victim had had a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
She was named as Veronica J. Rutledge, 29, of Blackfoot, Idaho and is understood to have been visiting relatives in the area.
Friends have been leaving tributes on Facebook.
Rhonda Ellis wrote: "It has been a very sad day today. A bright star that I loved like a sister is now an angel above us.
"She is gone too soon and her little boy will grow up with just a fleeting memory of his mommy.
"My heart aches for the family she left behind and makes me hold mine a little tighter. I love you, Roni!!"
Police spokesman Lt Miller said: "I am a big proponent of a concealed weapon for your own safety, however you have to be responsible and unfortunately in this case I guess all the precautionary measures weren't taken to ensure the safety of that weapon."
Brooke Buchanan, a spokeswoman for Walmart, called the shooting was a "very sad and tragic accident".
"We are working closely with the local sheriff's department while they investigate what happened," he said.
The store closed after the shooting and is not expected to reopen until Wednesday morning.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/two-old-boy-shoots-dead-mother-walmart-202939024.html?vp=1#IHyJMp1
Re: Two-year-old Boy Shoots Mother Dead by borntosave: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2014
Sad
Re: Two-year-old Boy Shoots Mother Dead by tunaguy(m): 9:51am On Dec 31, 2014
were d guy see gun
Re: Two-year-old Boy Shoots Mother Dead by nora544: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2014
sorry for what did she need a gun in her bag.

That are silly americans and it is not the first time that something happen like that.

Everybody can have a gun in america that is the law and I know little kids learn to hw to use a gun.

(1) (Reply)

Revival Beauty Cream / A Parent Having A Favorite Child! / Man Jailed Get For Attempted Fornication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.