Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. (1286 Views)

David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota / Now I Am Feed Up! I Am Done With The Christian Faith, I See What Athiets See Now / The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
I understand how 1+1 = 1
But how 2+2 = 5 is the faith I cannot accept!.
I understand how 2 people can become one in love but how 3 entities will claim to be 1 is a faith I cannot accept.

They say 1+1+1=1. Or the Smarter ones say 1×1×1= 1.
These stories and rebranded myths of multiple gods in one have been around for too long. Also, myths of the deification of men after death dates even far back than Sango in Yoruba Mythology.

They tell you that 'God Y sent God Z to die for mankind so that man can be redeemed'. The first question a rational mind should ask is "Why does a God need death/blood before he can forgive his feeble creations?' Couldn't he simply forgive, just the way nice people do without demanding blood?

Now a summary of many a preaching is this: God sent Jesus to die for us so that we might not perish (in the hell that he created). Jesus' blood was offered as a sweet smelling sacrifice to God (of course, not to the devil) to make God forgive us. And then also, Jesus is one and same with God.
The above, to many adherents of the faith, makes sense.
I'd explain to you why this is worse than accepting that 2+2=5, as soon as I'm back from the market.

I'm back from the market and I'd rephrase the above summary of what many preach. It goes thus:

First, since Jesus=God, we substitute the word 'Jesus' for God in the summary making it read as follows:

God sent God to die for us so that we might not perish (in the hell that God created). God's blood was offered as a sweet smelling sacrifice to God (of course, not to the devil) to make God forgive us.

Does the above still make sense to you?

Another analogy of the above is this: A father is angry at his children, so he makes his children's playmates kill him. Then he takes his blood, and offers it to himself as a sacrifice, so that he is now able to forgive his children and not burn them for eternity in a celestial oven.

Does the above still make sense?
Is 2+2=5 ??
Well, adherents might choose to accept the above by faith. I have one question for you.

"At what point does blind belief stop? Is it when they now tell you that it's no more 2+2=5 that it's 2+2= $500 ??

Because, as long as you can believe one bullshit because it's written in a book ( a book gathered from different ancient scrolls, passed through the hands of politicians worse than Abacha, and says in one of it's verses that 'Women should not speak in church') then you can believe anything that jet-flying charlatans bring to the pulpit.

My say: Re-examine your beliefs, demand for extraordinary evidence when shown extraordinary claims, don't accept that 2+2=5!!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by Haywhymido(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Na today We go dey tell dem.
Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by naijareferee: 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
ok... we don hear
Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
naijareferee:
ok... we don hear
Who be 'we'?? Una many inside that body? grin
naijareferee:
ok... we don hear
Who be 'we'?? Una many inside that body?

1 Like

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
Haywhymido:
We go continue oo.. we nor go taya! cool
Haywhymido:
We go continue oo.. we nor go taya!
Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Jesus is NOT God. undecided

And women are not to speak in church; because they are not expected to Lord it over a man. They are, afterall, the weaker vessel.
Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:
Jesus is NOT God. undecided

And women are not to speak in church; because they are not expected to Lord it over a man. They are, afterall, the weaker vessel.
Weaker? Maybe physically. Does that give support to the misogynistic approach that women should not speak in church?. ThankGod churches proudly disobey that part.

1 Like

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
joeblac07:

Weaker? Maybe physically. Does that give support to the misogynistic approach that women should not speak in church?. ThankGod churches proudly disobey that part.

Why should a woman pray over a man? It's wrong!

Doesn't it do anything to your....ego? undecided
Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by davien(m): 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
joeblac07:
I understand how 1+1 = 1
But how 2+2 = 5 is the faith I cannot accept!.
I understand how 2 people can become one in love but how 3 entities will claim to be 1 is a faith I cannot accept.

They say 1+1+1=1. Or the Smarter ones say 1×1×1= 1.
These stories and rebranded myths of multiple gods in one have been around for too long. Also, myths of the deification of men after death dates even far back than Sango in Yoruba Mythology.

They tell you that 'God Y sent God Z to die for mankind so that man can be redeemed'. The first question a rational mind should ask is "Why does a God need death/blood before he can forgive his feeble creations?' Couldn't he simply forgive, just the way nice people do without demanding blood?

Now a summary of many a preaching is this: God sent Jesus to die for us so that we might not perish (in the hell that he created). Jesus' blood was offered as a sweet smelling sacrifice to God (of course, not to the devil) to make God forgive us. And then also, Jesus is one and same with God.
The above, to many adherents of the faith, makes sense.
I'd explain to you why this is worse than accepting that 2+2=5, as soon as I'm back from the market.

I'm back from the market and I'd rephrase the above summary of what many preach. It goes thus:

First, since Jesus=God, we substitute the word 'Jesus' for God in the summary making it read as follows:

God sent God to die for us so that we might not perish (in the hell that God created). God's blood was offered as a sweet smelling sacrifice to God (of course, not to the devil) to make God forgive us.

Does the above still make sense to you?

Another analogy of the above is this: A father is angry at his children, so he makes his children's playmates kill him. Then he takes his blood, and offers it to himself as a sacrifice, so that he is now able to forgive his children and not burn them for eternity in a celestial oven.

Does the above still make sense?
Is 2+2=5 ??
Well, adherents might choose to accept the above by faith. I have one question for you.

"At what point does blind belief stop? Is it when they now tell you that it's no more 2+2=5 that it's 2+2= $500 ??

Because, as long as you can believe one bullshit because it's written in a book ( a book gathered from different ancient scrolls, passed through the hands of politicians worse than Abacha, and says in one of it's verses that 'Women should not speak in church') then you can believe anything that jet-flying charlatans bring to the pulpit.

My say: Re-examine your beliefs, demand for extraordinary evidence when shown extraordinary claims, don't accept that 2+2=5!!
Learn from example.... wink

1 Like

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
It all started after God ,creating all that he called "good" ,still went ahead to plant a GOOD "tree of knowledge of good and evil " in the creation he made and told man not to eat of it or he would die...You know he would die ,yet you planted it there.

You allowed Satan into all you called good and by the way ,where was God when Adam and Eve were eating the fruit ?
Isn't he omnipotent ?
Now he killed himself for himself

I seriously don't know who to blame ; God ,Satan or Man.

1 Like

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Why should a woman pray over a man? It's wrong!

Doesn't it do anything to your....ego? undecided

So a woman is to live her life trying to masturbate a man's feeble ego? smh. You're bigger than that I know.

3 Likes

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
TheIndustrialist:
It all started after God ,creating all that he called "good" ,still went ahead to plant a GOOD "tree of knowledge of good and evil " in the creation he made and told man not to eat of it or he would die...You know he would die ,yet you planted it there.

You allowed Satan into all you called good and by the way ,where was God when Adam and Eve were eating the fruit ?
Isn't he omnipotent ?
Now he killed himself for himself

I seriously don't know who to blame ; God ,Satan or Man.

My guy, your head is thinking well oo. My people used to say 'If it tastes like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit, looks like shit, it probably is SHIT!'

2 Likes

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
davien:
Learn from example.... wink
Before nko??
Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by tartar9(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
*sighs*you wont understand,the lord works in mysterious ways.

1 Like

Re: 2 + 2 = 5 This Is The Faith I Cannot Accept. by joeblac07(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
tartar9:
*sighs*you wont understand,the lord works in mysterious ways.
smh. The King's invisible cloth!

(1) (Reply)

How Is The Church Feeding Their Flock Today? / Hiv Cure Using Herbs / 310 Killed In Hajj Stampede, Saudi Arabia (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.