Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK (1769 Views)

Mother In Minna Abandons Children On A Train To Kaduna Over El-Rufai's Free Food / Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by azorjiu(m): 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hi Guys, I trust I will get valuable contribution from you guys in respect of my mother in-law's intending visit to the UK.

The situation is that we are expecting a baby late March and we are inviting her to come over for Omugwo. The problem is that she hasn't travel abroad before. She has hardly travelled beyond her village. She can not fill out the landing card etc. on arrival. I'm just scared that she might not be able to go through all the immigration checks at the lagos airport without support.

My questions: is there help available to assist people in her circumstance? Someone like a guide? Is it possible for her daughter to put her in the care of someone at the airport? With the security at the airports that restrict non-travellers from going past the entrance of the airport, how possible would it be to entrust her to the care of someone in the same flight?Any way to get in touch with a staff at the airport to help her out? Has anyone been in this situation and How did they manage to circumvent it?

I will earnestly appreciate your input.
Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by delishpot: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ask the air carrier you want her to fly with before buying hee ticket. Go to their office and ask and fill out the form. Most provide such services for their passangers. You may need to pay some fee sha.

1 Like

Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by holatin(m): 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
there should be a guide
Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by Lexusgs430: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
While @ the airport, request a wheelchair service. This enables her all the help she requires @MMA and @LHR @LGW or @LCY.
The trolley dollies would also look after her.
NB: Wheelchair service is free @ both points.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by azorjiu(m): 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for the info delishpot, Holatin and lexusgs430. I will call the airline I'd like her use so I can make further enquiries.

@ Lexusgs430, you got me cracking there. But my mother in-law has got no physical disability. I'm inclined to think that such services are for people with physical disability.
Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by holatin(m): 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
azorjiu:
Thanks for the info delishpot, Holatin and lexusgs430. I will call the airline I'd like her use so I can make further enquiries.

@ Lexusgs430, you got me cracking there. But my mother in-law has got no physical disability. I'm inclined to think that such services are for people with physical disability.
welcome sir
Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by Lexusgs430: 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
holatin:
welcome sir

Not for only people with disabilities. The service is available and fits your present request.
NB: Not unless you would pay my full expense trip(don't worry about pocketmoney).

1 Like

Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by delishpot: 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
azorjiu:

Welcome sir. Ha ha, Mama will have to be handed over to the air carrier staff at the airport. I just hope the naija side wont forget her sha. From therr, they should take care of her boarding and transfer her to the next people if she will have any stop over and then help her through immigration when she arrives her destination. I hope all goes well with her trip and congrats on your new child. Wishing baby all the goodies life has to offer.
Re: Inviting My Mother In-law To The UK by marieolae(f): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
There r a lot of people who will be willing to help, considering that this is her first time. The airline and the passengers who are boarding the same flight. Relax

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak / New Zealand Visiting Visa.. .help / Please Help Solve This Booking Wahala with Egyptair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.