Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (601528 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2015
I use Risk Reward Ratio (RRR) of 1;1. Which is working Perfectly for me. Check my history of alert, i have won over 15;1
Pipsland78:

Very true bro but it's not so much the no of winnings versus losses that really matter but rather the risk/reward ratio. One loss may erase last ten profits if risk/reward ratio is not right.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Sunnycliff(m): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2015
FTA GN
BUY @1.9610, SL 1.9500 TP 1.9800
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2015
Capitals:

so my wti oil sell triggered without retracing 100pts and I m right on top. just hope it remains that way.

wti sell eventually lost I didnt bring it to BE cos it didnt trade much into my supply region before going down, cost me $86. gbpnzd and usdcad are doing good. I m bringing them to break even, it traded well into the region hats why, it cld come back down and take a loss if i dont.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 8:43am On Mar 26, 2015
Capitals:

wti sell eventually lost I didnt bring it to BE cos it didnt trade much into my supply region before going down, cost me $86. eurgbp and usdcad are doing good. I m bringing them to break even, it traded well into the region hats why, it cld come back down and take a loss if i dont.
usdcad 2nd tp in view

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxstory(m): 8:45am On Mar 26, 2015
dukum:
Nothing they pain pass when you get stopped out or close your trades manually only to come bck and see dem close to 100pips in d direction of your bias(Gj and audcad).*standing aside is also a position,hehe.good day guys
yeah, it happens to everyone regardless of whether you are patient or not, emotion will still set in and no one knows the direction of the next candle
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 8:47am On Mar 26, 2015
Pipsland78:

Very true bro but it's not so much the no of winnings versus losses that really matter but rather the risk/reward ratio. One loss may erase last ten profits if risk/reward ratio is not right.
Correct.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 9:04am On Mar 26, 2015
sold gbpnzd at 1.9601 tp 1.9252

NB: nothing is guaranteed. Price could just do the opposite and rubbish my analysis

PRICE IS KING.FOLLOW IT WHEREVER IT GOES

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Sold gbpchf at .4264

PRICE IS KING. FOLLOW IT WHEREVER IT GOES
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2015
If I did not learn a lesson in patience this week, I will never learn it. I took my sell on Monday at the red line, just because it didn't move as fast as I was used to, I closed my positions on Tuesday. Fast forward to now, position would have tp as my limit was at 17800............I won't ever forget this trade, it would have been better if it had closed at BE or lost because I would have followed all the rules I should have.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by needinfo: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
pls munch your chart with the figures let's see the figures. Also what broker do you use? Mayb your broker adds additional figures and the sell or buy order could trigger before it reaches if depending on the commission... Post some charts
in this chart below, i placed a pending buy order but it filled me in at the previous candle marked with arrow before the next candle hit the buy line which resulted to negative pips before the next candle went up to bring it to positive.its five minutes chart

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by seyejohn94: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2015
seyejohn94:

Price has breached my trend line... Close above 1200 will buy gold... 50pips stp 200pips tp or 1226 area... Price is now in my comfort zone....

Nothing is guaranteed...
Happy trading...

Trigger happy smart money

Foreign buying of U.S. bonds more talk than reality

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The advantage of higher
yields in the United States has not prompted
foreign buying as investors had expected, and
central banks have instead dumped Treasuries in
recent months.
Foreign central banks reduced their holdings of
U.S. Treasuries last week to $2.900 trillion, the
lowest in a year, according to the U.S. Federal
Reserve.

Some foreign fund managers have decided to
chase higher returns in the European stock market
rather than piling cash into Treasuries.

European shares are up 17 percent so far in 2015,
as the European Central Bank's 1.1 trillion-euro
quantitative easing has boosted risk-taking.
Some overseas investors might be hanging on to
their European government bonds in hopes of
profiting from the QE program, investors said.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by needinfo: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2015
naijababe:
If I did not learn a lesson in patience this week, I will never learn it. I took my sell on Monday at the red line, just because it didn't move as fast as I was used to, I closed my positions on Tuesday. Fast forward to now, position would have tp as my limit was at 17800............I won't ever forget this trade, it would have been better if it had closed at BE or lost because I would have followed all the rules I should have.
you quoted me but did not say the fx trading platform you are making use.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2015
Gu pending sell picked 1.4970...tp 1.4730... SL @daily candle close above entry.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 26, 2015
needinfo:
you quoted me but did not say the fx trading platform you are making use.

I'm sorry, it was a mobile post. I think your broker is requoting you. You need to move a broker with no requotes.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2015
naijababe:
You are not alone n we can always get better.... My eu similar to that n move on.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 26, 2015
infofirst:

You are not alone n we can always get better.... My eu similar to that n move on.

I have moved from it but it is a lesson I want always remember. Out of the market for the week jare, my mind is totally effed by that trade. Fresh perspectives next week wink
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by needinfo: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2015
naijababe:

I'm sorry, it was a mobile post. I think your broker is requoting you. You need to move a broker with no requotes.
it does happen with alpari uk when i was using them and xm . at times the negative pips will be so much even without price hitting the spot.will be left with no choice than to close the order if price failed to hit the pending buy order line which must have resulted to loss.also, at times it even refuse me placing a pending order even if price has not hit the line i specified to buy.i just don't know why it does this.i don't know if am the only one seiing this.i noticed it on alpari uk before, now am noticing it on xm
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 26, 2015
I will sell GBPJPY at 178.30 if it gets there in the next 1hour, take profit is 200pips. RRR=1;1
Furthermore, i will sell EURJPY at 131.40 if it gets there in the next 2hours. Take profit is 100pips, RRR=1;1
Remember to bring stoploss to BE as soon as first take profit is hit,

Market trade levels.
I PLAN my trade and trade my PLAN.
I set trap for the market and don't allow market to set trap for me.
Enjoy your dollars.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2015
naijababe:

I have moved from it but it is a lesson I want always remember. Out of the market for the week jare, my mind is totally effed by that trade. Fresh perspectives next week wink

Better deal.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by needinfo: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2015
Shevychen2:

How long have you been trading? I am sure the 50-80 pips you are talking of is 5-8 pips which is definitely the spread. If you see gold at 1198.1 for instance, buying will enter you at 1198.6 for a broker with a 5 pips spread on gold. You will see that 5 pips as -50 due to 5 digits. It is the same regardless of the timeframe. It is more pronounced on the smaller timeframe because of the smaller value of the chart numbers there.

Spread also affects your limit orders.

If you feel this is not the case with your compliant, post an example as Oga Owliver has said above.

in this chart below, i placed a pending buy order but it filled me in at the previous candle marked with arrow before the next candle hit the buy line which resulted to negative pips before the next candle went up to bring it to positive.its five minutes chart

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 10:33am On Mar 26, 2015
needinfo:
its spreads. In a such situation your broker activates your trade base on the commission or spreads. If the spreads is five pips ur trade activates 5pips before the expected figure. Besides, its not 50-60pips. Its 5-6pips... Good morning.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
its spreads. In a such situation your broker activates your trade base on the commission or spreads. If the spreads is five pips ur trade activates 5pips before the expected figure. Besides, its not 50-60pips. Its 5-6pips... Good morning.

Word. Happens to everyone. You won't even notice if you trade off higher charts.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 10:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Gold being childish. Just 10 pips to hit my TP and it refused angry
I must see the end sha..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2015
Shevychen2:

Word. Happens to everyone. You won't even notice if you trade off higher charts.
he's seeing it as a big deal because the 5mins time frame candles are also long grin I used to like that lower tf cos its long and plenty grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 10:42am On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
he's seeing it as a big deal because the 5mins time frame candles are also long grin I used to like that lower tf cos its long and plenty grin

grin grin

But it can also drive you mad with the fake allure of less risk and ability to use huge lots.. We don suffer no be today cheesy
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Shevychen2:

grin grin

But it can also drive you mad with the fake allure of less risk and ability to use huge lots.. We don suffer no be today cheesy

Been there done that! Thank God for staying power sha
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2015
selling gu from 4958 to 4849
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by needinfo: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
i know what am saying bro.at times, the candle will not even smell the pending order line but will be triggered and the negative pip will be over -50.also at times, if i try it the other way by buying in the market directly immediately, it will start with a negative pips of over 20 and also move the buy line upper instead of it to be at the point i purchased, it takes it more farther with much negative pips.even some times, it will not allow me place a pending buy giving me error failed even if that line does not smell a candle wick or body.i have to shift the pending buy line much farther or is it that there are invisible price hitting the top
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 11:23am On Mar 26, 2015
needinfo:
i know what am saying bro.at times, the candle will not even smell the pending order line but will be triggered and the negative pip will be over -50.also at times, if i try it the other way by buying in the market directly immediately, it will start with a negative pips of over 20 and also move the buy line upper instead of it to be at the point i purchased, it takes it more farther with much negative pips.even some times, it will not allow me place a pending buy giving me error failed even if that line does not smell a candle wick or body.i have to shift the pending buy line much farther or is it that there are invisible price hitting the top
50pips on a 5mins time frame hmmmm. Sire I still think its not 50pips but 5pips. Post a clear picture of JPY and EuroUsd pair, pls make sure you zoom it so the numbers are visible enough!!!! Meanwhile, its better you download another broker's platform or leave your broker and get another broker since your not convinced. But pls post the picture let's see!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Shevychen2:

grin grin

Loolz* very true sire.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 11:31am On Mar 26, 2015
buy chfjpy at 124.74 tp 125.75

PRICE IS KING. FOLLOW IT WHEREVER IT GOES

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
50pips on a 5mins time frame hmmmm. Sire I still think its not 50pips but 5pips. Post a clear picture of JPY and EuroUsd pair, pls make sure you zoom it so the numbers are visible enough!!!! Meanwhile, its better you download another broker's platform or leave your broker and get another broker since your not convinced. But pls post the picture let's see!

It is clear the broker is a 5 digit broker, the 5th digit seems to confusing him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.