Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (601778 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 11:48am On Mar 26, 2015
naijababe:

It is clear the broker is a 5 digit broker, the 5th digit seems to confusing him.
yh very possible. The "pause and delay" to execute order I've experienced it with instaForex and I believe most people have experienced it too. The broker pauses the order and once within than seconds price goes against you then they activate the trade and you see like 8-10pips(80-100) negative. But when it goes in you favour they requote. Its best he leaves the broker if he's not comfortable. CC: needinfo
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
yh very possible. The "pause and delay" to execute order I've experienced it with instaForex and I believe most people have experienced it too. The broker pauses the order and once within than seconds price goes against you then they activate the trade and you see like 8-10pips(80-100) negative. But when it goes in you favour they requote. Its best he leaves the broker if he's not comfortable. CC: needinfo

His problem is not a broker problem. He clearly doesn't understand how spreads work. It is almost compulsory for your trade to start at -X amount of pips as spread. Five digits also confusing him as naijababe said.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
Shevychen2:

His problem is not a broker problem. He clearly doesn't understand how spreads work. It is almost compulsory for your trade to start at -X amount of pips as spread. Five digits also confusing him as naijababe said.
yes very true. I'm just trying to explore all options with him.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by pocoapoco88: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
Pipsland78:

Very true bro but it's not so much the no of winnings versus losses that really matter but rather the risk/reward ratio. One loss may erase last ten profits if risk/reward ratio is not right.
not true bro
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
infofirst:
Gu pending sell picked 1.4970...tp 1.4730... SL @daily candle close above entry.
@+76 pips....sl moved to BE.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by seyejohn94: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Sold gold stp 70pips tp 1190

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
infofirst:
Gu pending sell picked 1.4970...tp 1.4730... SL @daily candle close above entry.

infofirst:

@+76 pips....sl moved to BE.

SL moved to +50pips....trade at +120pips

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
seyejohn94:
Sold gold stp 70pips tp 1190

mine is 1165 tp (demo)

may not get there sha.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
mutik1977:

mine is 1165 tp (demo)

may not get there sha.
Ooooooohw myyyy gad!!!! grin 0.01 and 0.02 lot size. Am sooo surprised. Keep up the good work sire. Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
Not sure if anyone is following that Gold trade but just in case I have moved my SL to 1197 jare. 300pips is better than nothing.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
Ooooooohw myyyy gad!!!! grin 0.01 and 0.02 lot size. Am sooo surprised. Keep up the good work bro. Nice one

Thanks sir. I now trade wider stop loss. 50,70,100,150 pips & mostly higher timeframes .

Big equity = small risk = tiny/moderate gain

Small capital = small/big risk = tiny unsatisfactory gain = emotion/greed = revenge/tension = blown account.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
mutik1977:

Thanks sir. I now trade wider stop loss. 50,70,100,150 pips & mostly higher timeframes .

Big equity = small risk = tiny/moderate gain

Small capital = small/big risk = tiny unsatisfactory gain = emotion/greed = revenge/tension = blown account.
I just hope you stick to this and "if" eventually you snap again as usual pls don't come and ask sheun to close this thread ehn.. I also apologize for the way I talked to you the other day. Forgive me sire.... Whatever naijababe said to you I rili need to hear it oh grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
all eyes on eu. still bullish in my view
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
fxbomovi:
selling gu from 4958 to 4849
tp hit

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
fxbomovi:
selling gj to 177.98 to 176.34
closed @176.80
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
fxbomovi:
sold ucad from 2517 to 2432
tp hit
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Sircj(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
will somebody be will to sell GBPAUD daily pinbar if it hold
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by TheShootist(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
Owliver:
I just hope you stick to this and "if" eventually you snap again as usual pls don't come and ask sheun to close this thread ehn.. I also apologize for the way I talked to you the other day. Forgive me sire.... Whatever naijababe said to you I rili need to hear it oh grin

Walahi! Woman power right there! grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
TheShootist:

Walahi! Woman power right there! grin

You mean mother's power grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
infofirst:

SL moved to +50pips....trade at +120pips
Closed at +120pips.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by TheShootist(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
Just sold Echf @1.0485 S l1.0550 Tp 1.0329
Buy stop on AJ @93.595 Sl 92.699 Tp; tor.. as the spirit leads grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
TheShootist:
Tp; tor.. as the spirit leads grin
lol

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by TheShootist(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
naijababe:

You mean mother's power grin
Yes, all join, lol.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
frenchman2:
buy chfjpy at 124.74 tp 125.75

PRICE IS KING. FOLLOW IT WHEREVER IT GOES

Closed trade in loss.
licking my wound
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
frenchman2:
Sold gbpchf at .4264

closed in loss.
licking my wound
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by constanttime(m): 2:40am On Mar 27, 2015
Gold on the daily chart set for sell deal and I am already in profit.

FOREX TRADING STRATEGY REVIEWS FOR BEGINNERS.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by constanttime(m): 4:22am On Mar 27, 2015
Currencies Strength and Weakness for 27th March, 2015

Today I will be looking 6 pairs.

I have just posted my analysis on the currency strength and weakness for 27th March, 2015 on my Market Outlook Page. So kindly take the advantage you can use this analysis to support your trading decisions for the next 24 hours. I see price action for certain currency pairs heading towards the directions which have high probability trades. I hope you can use this to support your trading decision and trading strategies, below are my analysis and suggestions.

CAD and JPY: These two currencies display an overall strength.
EUR and CHF: These two currencies show an overall weakness.

With the above observations I have suggested what possibly could be the trading directions for the pairs in the next 24 hrs on my Market outlook page.

Now please note that this observations made herein are not signals for trades. Please make use of your trading strategy to confirm before taking any trade; I am only trying to aid you so you would be on the right side of the market.

I wish you all happy piping!!!

FOREX TRADING STRATEGY REVIEWS FOR BEGINNERS.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by pocoapoco88: 8:04am On Mar 27, 2015
hav dis promising hedging strategy bt i nid a reliable broker wit little or no spread on eur/usd,1 dat allows hedging of d same currency pair ....enjoy d pips while its stil last
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 8:11am On Mar 27, 2015
bought usdchf at .9640
Sold gbpusd at 1.4843
sold gbpaud 1.9008
bought gbpchf 1.4314
let's see how they play out.
NB: Nothing is guaranteed. Price could just do the opposite and rubbish my analysis.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by frenchman2: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2015
frenchman2:
sold nzdchf at.7302 tp .7162
spotted a double top formation. neckline and trendline both successfully broken

sold gbpjpy at 177.57 tp 175.87
sold nzdusd at .7582 tp 7486

let's see how they play out.

NB: Nothing is guaranteed. Price could just do the opposite and rubbish my analysis

manually closed nzdchf at -3 pips.
the others still open
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2015
I THINK THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE.

Five Habits of Successful Traders

1. Know your rules and stick to them

We’re regularly told about the importance of having a trading plan … and sticking to that plan. Your plan doesn’t have to be restricted to technical indicators – you can add in time-based factors, and rule out trades when markets are too choppy, or too flat, when spreads are too wide, or when a major announcement is imminent.

But when it doesn’t fit exactly, don’t feel that you have to ‘make something up’ to fit this special situation that’s arisen – don’t be afraid to just sit out.
That’s the thing with ‘special’ one-off situations – they just don’t happen often enough for us to gather data to make any kind of reasoned case for or against action.

If the set-up isn’t perfect, don’t risk your cash.

2. Know the strengths and weaknesses of your system

Every trading strategy has things that it’s good at spotting, and flaws where it comes up short.

We can spend our time forever adding new indicators to try to plug these gaps, but no indicator is perfect, and we’ll end up with a bank of criteria that will never let us into the market!

Instead, if we know where our system’s weak spot it (perhaps it’s when we have a strong, extended trend … or when prices are range bound …), then we can either add criteria to try to protect us from these bad trades, or we can introduce risk-reduction measures to limit our exposure.

Again, don’t be afraid to sit out.

3. Hone in on the best trading times

With all trading – but especially with automated trading – the temptation is to get as many trades as we can.
Surely the more we trade, the richer we’ll become?
So, if trading involves nothing more than flicking my computer on … I could be raking it in 24/7 … right?
Wrong.
Focusing on the most profitable trading times can be one of the quickest and easiest ways to filter out duff trades, and hone in on the best ones.

4. Give your trades time to mature … but don’t leave them hanging on …

Time is a crucial component in trading that is too often ignored.

5. Keep monitoring, keep improving …

Just because we’ve got our rules and our system sorted, doesn’t mean that we can just sit back for the next 10 years and watch the profits roll in.

Markets change … what worked a treat in the bull market you developed it during, might start coming apart at the scenes when the market tops out … or what pulled in great profits in a volatile market, might struggle in quieter times …

As traders, we must always try to stay ahead, because the markets will take any chance they can to get the better of you!

I’m hoping that you’ll have noticed a theme running through these habits … it’s that we shouldn’t be afraid to sit out of trades. The fundamental habit that sets successful traders apart is not that they have winners (any mug can do that) … it’s that they seriously limit their losers.

Thanks ,
more pipsss .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.