Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (600419 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by leopower(m): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2015
G/A shd move up by this setup.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 23, 2015
Waiting for candle closes to sell DJIA and buy EA - risky trade but 13800 has become level concrete
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by seyejohn94: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2015
seyejohn94:
Gold been ranging like crazy... Still on d sidelines ova here... Maybe i won't get to Place a trade dis week... Still watching 1204.2 on my 4hr chart...
Still haven't placed any trade on gold dis week... Funny nucca been behaving like ogbanje... Sometimes itz best to practise d waiting game... U shudnt be trigger hungry all d Time... Trade today with 2moro in mind.... #noSignalNoTrade #followUrSystem #marketIsAlwaysThere...

Happy trading....
Nothing is guaranteed...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by micynute94(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2015
seyejohn94:

Still haven't placed any trade on gold dis week... Funny nucca been behaving like ogbanje... Sometimes itz best to practise d waiting game... U shudnt be trigger hungry all d Time... Trade today with 2moro in mind.... #noSignalNoTrade #followUrSystem #marketIsAlwaysThere...

Happy trading....
Nothing is guaranteed...

Exactly bro... Just follow ur system.
So far, my system haven't be able to issue out a valid signal since tuesday afternoon.. ..
Did the market move ?? .....Yes...
Did my system issue out a signal.??.....Nah.....
Does that means i would Jump into a trade??....TAH!!
Even if the market moves a thousand pips and my system doesn't issue out a signal.. I won't open a position, I have got to trust it... There's a reason while i built it......

During times of being on the sideline with no active position(s), i just take up a novel or do something else while my alarm alerts me to check up on my chart either to manage my trade(s) or look for a potential signal.

Been in the market 247 doesn't really equates to more CASH.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by micynute94(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2015
Just took a Long position on E/C. There's a cloud of resistance around the 1.418X to 1.424X region, so i used 1/2 of my Normal trade lot to enter.. Should it break above 1.424X ... will gladly add to my Long position...
Arms crossed.....
SL... 30 pips.... Same for TP...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by stolenstone: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Ever seen a situation where one's system shuts you out for so long?? The last trade I took was ending of january, and my system have shut me out of the market for that long, and I'm patiently waiting on the sideline. No time to dash oyinbo man free dollars, we wait like a sniper for the game to come to you and then you release the trigger! The money is in the waiting. I'll wait!

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2015
micynute94:

Exactly bro... Just follow ur system.
So far, my system haven't be able to issue out a valid signal since tuesday afternoon.. ..
Did the market move ?? .....Yes...
Did my system issue out a signal.??.....Nah.....
Does that means i would Jump into a trade??....TAH!!
Even if the market moves a thousand pips and my system doesn't issue out a signal.. I won't open a position, I have got to trust it... There's a reason while i built it......

During times of being on the sideline with no active position(s), i just take up a novel or do something else while my alarm alerts me to check up on my chart either to manage my trade(s) or look for a potential signal.

Been in the market 247 doesn't really equates to more CASH.....
but u placed lots. of trade yesterday...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by dorodee(m): 11:34am On Apr 23, 2015
stolenstone:
Ever seen a situation where one's system shuts you out for so long?? The last trade I took was ending of january, and my system have shut me out of the market for that long, and I'm patiently waiting on the sideline. No time to dash oyinbo man free dollars, we wait like a sniper for the game to come to you and then you release the trigger! The money is in the waiting. I'll wait!

waooo!! that system must be working with the Nigeria school calendar.. but holidays are over and pupils have started returning so you'll soon smile... cheers.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2015
stolenstone:
Try building a new system oga. January is too far na.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2015
dorodee:

waooo!! that system must be working with the Nigeria school calendar.. but holidays are over and pupils have started returning so you'll soon smile... cheers.
Lol that system no dey try at all. January far na. Atleast once or twice a week signal is still ok. Not once in 4months lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by currentprice: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2015
Owliver:
Lol that system no dey try at all. January far na. Atleast once or twice a week signal is still ok. Not once in 4months lmao grin

Everybody wan form patient trader grin grin

Quite sure account history will say otherwise.

Just joking o..

It is seriously possible to get one signal in 4 months if you trade monthly charts. However, your account must be in hundreds of thousands of dollars at least for that to make any sense. If the person dey struggle micro account, waste of time and money. Put that money in a savings account abeg.

There is no hard and fast rule for how many times you should trade a week. Just use common sense that's all.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by FOREXMARTS: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
stolenstone:

I think the system is protesting.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Shevychen2:

Just joking o..

It is seriously possible to get one signal in 4 months if you trade monthly charts. However, your account must be in hundreds of thousands of dollars at least for that to make any sense. If the person dey struggle micro account, waste of time and money. Put that money in a savings account abeg.

There is no hard and fast rule for how many times you should trade a week. Just use common sense that's all.

Day/ swing trader, the longest I have held anything is one and a half days. My personality no even gree for 4h never minf daily tf . I am a very happy hourly tf trader

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by FOREXMARTS: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
naijababe:

Day/ swing trader, the longest I have held anything is one and a half days. My personality no even gree for 4h never minf daily tf . I am a very happy hourly tf trader

Big Sis am I reading your post well? You trade hourly now?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
naijababe:
Waiting for candle closes to sell DJIA and buy EA - risky trade but 13800 has become level concrete

+86 pips, DJIA still dancing palongo but I am expecting like 300 pips from this position because of the 3 black crows on the 4h

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by micynute94(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
fxbomovi:
but u placed lots. of trade yesterday...
Nah. check it well....
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jamace(m): 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
currentprice:
grin
You don come again, ba. Where you go since? grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxbomovi: 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
micynute94:

Nah. check it well....

micynute94:
Took a short position on U/C.... SL... 20 pips..... TP... 20 pips....
I used 1/3 of Normal lot size... will enter more should it clear past the immediate support on 30 / 60 mins TF
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by micynute94(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
micynute94:
Just took a Long position on E/C. There's a cloud of resistance around the 1.418X to 1.424X region, so i used 1/2 of my Normal trade lot to enter.. Should it break above 1.424X ... will gladly add to my Long position...
Arms crossed.....
SL... 30 pips.... Same for TP...

Grrrrrr... after analyzing and entering a position.. i closed it early cos i was sceptical of the price been able to push above the said resistance region as a lot of small bodies n reversal bar was created.. .. Logged on to my platform to c that price had reached my TP n has quite broken the region... geez....
Was too careful... n this z wat i got in return.. Guess dealing with emotion is one of the acme of a professional trader..
Since i already used 1/2 of my Normal lot, should v waited it out... Guess it's Thursday n don't plan on giving SHI SHI back to my broker.... wrong mentality though... WAT WILL BE WILL BE... IT MIGHT HAVE SAVED ME FROM SOME FEW MISSES BUT IT WILL ALSO N SURELY DENY ME OF POTENTIAL N BIG PROFITS.

Lesson learnt.. Let the market do its thing, don't try dictating the tune, let the market dictate the tune while u dance to it...

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by micynute94(m): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
fxbomovi:

Geez.. that's true... woke up n went through my biz today like it's the 24th... Tot tomorrow was 25th... N d trade i took last was on the 22.. Had it mixed up...
Guess i nd a mental check...
Thanks man... thumps up....
Had to check the calendar sef to believe u. .
Maybe my supposed 23 was lived in my sleep.. grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
Shevychen2:

Just joking o..

very true. Even nial fuller trade 1hr TF sometimes. Well, long term traders with big money trade that way as you have rightly said. I believe he has other sources of income.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
DJIA, just stole another 50pips from me angry Holding EA buy, 14000 tomorrow perhaps

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxstory(m): 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
dominicnuel:
pls am in nsukka enugu state n i wnt 2 learn forex dnt knw if any1 reside close enough dat can teach me.
babypips should be your starting point to learn.so check the site
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxstory(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
jendy36:
endfx
naijababe
iheanyiebeneze

and other forex gurus

I still find this confusing... how do I know how much I'm risking per trade, let's say for a standard,mini,micro and nano accounts with $300 and a leverage of 888 ?
it all depends on the lots size and stop loss you are making use of.if a pips is worth 0.10 due to your lot size and you want a stop loss of 50 pips and spread maybe 3pips, then you are risky 53pips on 0.10 per pips which gives you $5.3 on that trade.the more your lot size and stoploss, the more your risk.although it may not necessarily give you 0.10 per pips on some currency pairs after conversion.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jendy36(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
fxstory:
it all depends on the lots size and stop loss you are making use of.if a pips is worth 0.10 due to your lot size and you want a stop loss of 50 pips and spread maybe 3pips, then you are risky 53pips on 0.10 per pips which gives you $5.3 on that trade.the more your lot size and stoploss, the more your risk.although it may not necessarily give you 0.10 per pips on some currency pairs after conversion.

Thanks bro...but is their a clearer formula to calculate it
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by pocoapoco88: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
stolenstone:
u r obviously d patience minister of forex kip it up
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxstory(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
micynute94:

Grrrrrr... after analyzing and entering a position.. i closed it early cos i was sceptical of the price been able to push above the said resistance region as a lot of small bodies n reversal bar was created.. .. Logged on to my platform to c that price had reached my TP n has quite broken the region... geez....
Was too careful... n this z wat i got in return.. Guess dealing with emotion is one of the acme of a professional trader..
Since i already used 1/2 of my Normal lot, should v waited it out... Guess it's Thursday n don't plan on giving SHI SHI back to my broker.... wrong mentality though... WAT WILL BE WILL BE... IT MIGHT HAVE SAVED ME FROM SOME FEW MISSES BUT IT WILL ALSO N SURELY DENY ME OF POTENTIAL N BIG PROFITS.

Lesson learnt.. Let the market do its thing, don't try dictating the tune, let the market dictate the tune while u dance to it...
market psychology is something you need to work on.most traders are still battling with fx due to emotion which is one major problem in fx.let me just give you a tip.one of the first thing you need to come into terms with is your stop loss.your risk should be one of the first thing to consider before taking any trade and you also need to make up your mind that you've already lost that trade.this way, you get to train your emotion to accept that in fx, you wither win or lose a trade and each of the trade won or lost is just one trade out of many you will trade.

Allow the trade to be since you've made up your mind that you can afford to lose that trade and the amount involved unless you have a reason to close the trade base on what the chart is telling you and not what you emotion is telling you.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
naijababe:
DJIA, just stole another 50pips from me angry Holding EA buy, 14000 tomorrow perhaps
Euro making senses... I was right with my buy d last time I dropped alert n d tin stopped me out at +25 ADJUSTED SL. Did picked frm today again but unavailable to drop it here... Enjoy ur EA till it last. +140 (eu) here n step aside
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxstory(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
jendy36:

Thanks bro...but is their a clearer formula to calculate it
fomular to calculate stoploss or lot size.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jendy36(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
fxstory:
fomular to calculate stoploss or lot size.

Both will be appreciated.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
iheanyiebeneze:
This Forex trading is a UNIQUE and KIND market, If you have a sound TRADING STRATEGY, it will pay you whether you are on sell or on buy. Just make sure you have a good TRADING PLAN AND TRADE YOUR PLAN.

Where are you boss mi? Hope all is fine n good?

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.