Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

British Police Have Reportedly Arrested A Lizard Squad Member - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / British Police Have Reportedly Arrested A Lizard Squad Member (513 Views)

See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm / Man Rejoices After Killing This Monitor Lizard With His "Bare Hands". PICS / The Monitor Lizard And Snake Killed At A Construction Site (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

British Police Have Reportedly Arrested A Lizard Squad Member by ucheeee(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
British authorities have arrested a person said to have links with Lizard Squad, the hacking organization claiming responsibility for disrupting Xbox Live and PlayStation Network on Christmas Day, according to the Daily Dot.

A copy of the search warrant provided to the Dot identifies Vinnie Omari, a 22-year-old living in the United Kingdom, as the person behind the outages. Law enforcement officials reportedly seized phones, laptops and an Xbox from Omari's home, according to the Dot.

The Dot says Omari provided the media outlet with the search warrant and the information about the arrest, but that they were not able to confirm the details with local police.

Previous reports had speculated that the name Omari was an alias, but the police documents releasing him on bail used that name, according to the Dot story.

Source
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/12/31/british-police-have-reportedly-arrested-a-lizard-squad-member/.

(1) (Reply)

Four Die As Church Collapses In Rwanda / Advice For 2015 To My Fellow Nairalanders / 2015: Assumption And You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.