Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course (1723 Views)

9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. / Should I Forfeit My Admission For My Dream Course / Did You Study Your Dream Course In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by gtop: 12:35am On Jan 02, 2015
I finish from the high school 6yrs ago ,I'm 27 years old I wish to be an engineer but am very low at mathematics, can I enrol to my choice of course with the intention to improve as I start my program or I change to a less mathematical calculation course maybe social science course?
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by okonja(m): 12:46am On Jan 02, 2015
angry
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by laykhorn(m): 1:20am On Jan 02, 2015
Never say Never! Nothing is Impossible. I have a 33 year old man in my class. As for maths, as far as you have got the interest, Maths is something you can develop. Everyone is a mathematician, just like programming; all you need is the technique to tackle problems.
#TeamWeLoveMathematics

8 Likes

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 02, 2015
Pursue your dream course and get a good maths tutor to help polish ur maths

2 Likes

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by barackodam: 1:29am On Jan 02, 2015
If you could finish secondary school at 21, then you should have no problems coz its 15-17 that finishes Sec sch now, that's 6yr age difference.

There's no discrimination in institutions, cos practically, no one has each other time to now be worrying about you.

Then, lemme tell you the truth, if you no you're weak in maths, forget engineering. We do maths that maths dept themselves don't offer. And frankly, I don't think no one would wait for you to be improving in your maths skills.

If you insist in studying engineering, go for ones that have lesser maths(which is impossible) like, Water Resources or Chemical engineering

2 Likes

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by Fetus(m): 4:46am On Jan 02, 2015
barackodam:
If you could finish secondary school at 21, then you should have no problems coz its 15-17 that finishes Sec sch now, that's 6yr age difference.

There's no discrimination in institutions, cos practically, no one has each other time to now be worrying about you.

Then, lemme tell you the truth, if you no you're weak in maths, forget engineering. We do maths that maths dept themselves don't offer. And frankly, I don't think no one would wait for you to be improving in your maths skills.

If you insist in studying engineering, go for ones that have lesser maths(which is impossible) like, Water Resources or Chemical engineering
...did i hear you say chemical Engineering deals with lesser maths? U must be kidding me. As for the OP you are not too old.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by Abbey2sam(m): 6:00am On Jan 02, 2015
@op you can still go back to school.....
Please leave engineering, go for course like computer science, the mathematics here are not that hard and not much.......engineering do maths that are not offered by math dept

Or you can go ahead and pursue your dreams at the expense of your time and money..you're too old for that now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by BJ4REEL(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2015
barackodam:

Lol......chemical engineering have lesser maths?
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by YUSUPH1986(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2015
@op, i belong to ur age bracket and jxt got admitted to oau thou,i av my ND bt i am passionate abt university education. Xo u ar nt too old. A man of 75yrs of age graduated 4m unilag 3/4 yrs ago,currently pursing his master degree xo wat are u telling me. As regards maths, make it ur frnd and get people 2 put u through and you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
if u go to social sciences, thinking u are running away from maths, u will regret it. talk abt economics, sociology and do like...no be only maths o, na maths and stats. Go do English jejely. social sciences do maths ooo and stats for inferential purposes. people who are there can testify. my piece!!!
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by barackodam: 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
BJ4REEL:

Lol......chemical engineering have lesser maths?

Yes, of the whole engineering courses, chem and or pet engr has the least maths
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by barackodam: 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
Fetus:
...did i hear you say chemical Engineering deals with lesser maths? U must be kidding me. As for the OP you are not too old.

No!!

But if considering faculty of engr, yes
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by osamaBUSH(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
OP just find handwork
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by shigo20(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Don't look down on ur self@OP

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by Topstarr: 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Re: Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course by gtop: 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thank you all for your contribution. God bless. smiley

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Uniben Jupeb, Post Utme & Post De Update / See The Exam Written By FUNAI 200L Students / Universal School Of Aviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.