Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

Voice Of Reason: 2015 Year Of Destiny Or Disaster? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Voice Of Reason: 2015 Year Of Destiny Or Disaster? (713 Views)

Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / Voice Of Reason: What Is The Future Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Voice Of Reason: 2015 Year Of Destiny Or Disaster? by bilionaire: 3:55am On Jan 02, 2015
In numerology 2015 is 2+0+1+5 which equals 8. Does the number 8 mean anything to you? Is it just another year or you belief there are some significance that will be played out based on the number 8? Maybe it is just for the fun of it?
Being a the first day of this new year I decided to do something I have never done, which is to put my phone down and write on anything that comes to mind this early hours of the year before I rest. 2014 just ended and is now history but 2015 is brand new.
Recently a lot of prophets are already prophesying, the business world are running their big data to project the future, but I decide to go another uncommon traditional or cultural way to see how numbers could play in the forecast of events either in individual or national life of the peoples of the world.
Further bringing numerology to cultural philosophy, religion and also basic science discipline we are exposed to daily. Enough said let the wheel of the pen synchronize with the verse fields of the mind as we look into the essence of 2015 tagged as number 8 in this piece of writing.
Why in Biology is the 8th tooth the wisdom tooth? Why in Chemistry, Oxygen (what all living being cannot do without) have an atomic number of 8? Why in Technology all forms of computing is built on 8 bits making a byte? In Billiards or snooker why is the black ball the 8th ball that signifies the winner (and also the loser)?
The figure 8 stands for some many things to so many people. For example if you are a Chinese it stands for “Arise”, “Prosper”, “Wealth”, “fortune” or “good luck”. This explains why the Olympic in 2008 was hosted on 8/8/08 also starting at 8th hour, 8th minute and 8 seconds. China wanted luck and it was successful.
For the Christians the number 8 represents the day a boy must be circumcised, also it is the day that stand as the resurrection day (from the days Christ was chosen as a sacrificial lamb) or a victorious number (for triumph over death). Also it stands as a day of being a new creature in Christ symbolic to a new beginning, new world order as creation was done by God in 6 days, God rested on 7th so 8th day is a new beginning. Also after flooded earth only 8 people were saved that replicated to the over 7 billion we are today.
I would have loved going into Nigerian cultural religions but I better avoid unnecessary controversies at this junction but all will agree with me that some of the acts are same with other popular religions. A good example is why circumcise a male child on the 8th day same as Christians? While “IFA” worshippers claim it is the oldest religion in the history of man and not Christianity.
For the numerologist, number 8 stands for power and balance. 8 stands in between real and unreal, spiritual and realistic, 8 stands for authority, leadership, reaping what you have sown for luck or disaster, fame , finances, jackpot, bankruptcy, number 8 is a karmic equalizer.
8 is reality, 8 is destiny, ambition and as said a balance while some just conclude saying it stands for infinity (based on the design).
In Kabbalah and mystical teachings, the number 8 is mystical and above the natural as 7 ends the natural realm with perfection. It is a realm in the spiritual and that is why there is 8 days of Chanukah. 8 is a number beyond us, beyond our control in a way.
In Islam 8 is the number of angels carrying the holy throne of Allah? Also of interest are the 8 gates of jannah (heaven). Why the 8 pointed stars? Why is the “Rub el Hizb” a symbol at the end of every chapter in the Quran, is it to make each chapter different? Some old Islamic scholars said it helps in the memorization of the Quran, your opinion might be different but it is still a 8 pointed star.
I think am tired of writing so let me conclude, whatever 2015 is to you, whatever 8 is to you? Nothing will be achieved if you do nothing. Prayer without action is nothing so this year let your prayer be your action or your work. In all Plan, Pray and get to work, wishing you all the best as 2015 will be another exciting year for us all. As oil prices are crashing, currencies are getting weaker, investments are shaky 2015 will present her challenges but remember to plan, pray and get to work.
Nobody knows the leader in the multitude of people, choose your path and leave the rest to fate.

Written by Ayodeji Aladegbami

(1) (Reply)

Sweet Love / Open Letter To Mr President / Blue Velvet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.