Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Voice Of Reason: What Is The Future Of Nigeria? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Voice Of Reason: What Is The Future Of Nigeria? (636 Views)

Enough (the Voice Of Reason) By Aishat Abubakar / The Voice Of Today's Celebrant / Voice Of Reason: 2015 Year Of Destiny Or Disaster? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Voice Of Reason: What Is The Future Of Nigeria? by bilionaire: 9:10am On Jan 12, 2015
As I add another year I decide to reflect on the country of my birth under President Jonathan and the way forward.

Crisis are everywhere in North Eastern States (over 2million displaced), Rivers state, Edo State, Ekiti State, National Assembly, Governors Forum, even Peoples Democratic Party. Stella Oduah bullet proof BMW cars scandal costing 255 million naira each, missing $20 billion in 2013(CBN governor exposed the government and said $45 billion is missing and was technically sacked), $2.6 trillion naira imported petrol subsidy funds paid out to businessmen, Police pension scandal of over 33 billion naira, $49b PTF money, 2.1 billion naira mint scandal (printed money disappeared), paid out $8 billion in 2012 for subsidy on importation for a oil producing nation in fact it has been too much to remember.

Islamist Jihadist called Boko haram has been operating in the Northwest corridor of Nigeria for years now, killing innocent citizens, burning properties, attacking police and military base when will this end? Why should there even be election while citizens are dying (as against what is in the constitution)? I know People are saying since the President want election to take place why delay? if the President cannot handle this situation all this years and refuse to step down why not let the election kick him out?

I remembered how during President Obasanjo some youths were trying to distort the oil exploration and eventually killed 7 policemen and then more policemen totally 12 policemen were killed and buried. President Obasanjo gave an order that the community head/Chief should fish out the culprits within few days in which they did not. The army was deployed there and we heard while getting there the army was ambushed and 8 soldiers were killed but the village was leveled to the ground and no living thing existed there in a spate of hours save only the Anglican Church, bank and health center remain standing. Is it not the same army under President Jonathan that cannot handle boko haram (Islamist Jihadist)?

[b][/b]The National Security Adviser to the Federal Republic of Nigeria General Azazi openly said the issues of Nigeria, Boko haram (Islamic Jihadist) are all within the Peoples Democratic Party, shortly after that statement he was no more the National Security Adviser and later died in a naval helicopter with Governor Yakowa of Kaduna State. And till today nothings has been heard about the financier and those behind this terrorist group as they continue expanding, killing and carving out territory for themselves. I remember President Jonathan saying Boko haram have infiltrated his government years ago, I ask so what has he done?

It is no news that former militant are being giving contracts worth billions of Naira to guard waterways where crude oil are dredged. Is this not the work of the Nigerian Navy? So what is the Nigerian Navy doing? How come militants are the one ordering warships? How can military intelligence be on the streets and empowering a militant is like setting them up for future attack on the Nigerian state, who can stop these militant if they decide to do so? So militant are paid to become billionaires and thousands of graduates are begging for food and menial jobs to survive, I weep for Nigeria.

The usually phrase is the President have no hands in these allegations. These are real issues not allegations, these are facts and evident to the whole world to see and everything has been swept under the carpet, even if Mr. President does not know of all this issues, what has he done? With all the audit report and committee set up to investigate, what has been done to their reports? The names are mentioned, what has security arm of the government (EFCC and ICPC) done? what cases are in court and even if there are in court what are the outcomes?

Gentleman strategy that the President is using is definitely not working maybe it worked when President Yar’adua was sick and people clamored for him until he became the Acting President. I remember how Save Nigeria Group organized protest march in support of President Jonathan, now he wants those protesting over 300 girls kidnapped in their school by boko haram (Islamic Jihadist) to be arrested, what a life.

Where in the world today in any serious nation will a government owe her people wages? Tell me where? In fact it is a criminal offence not to pay wages in all civilized nation of the world today. Nigerian government presently owes her citizens’ wages 18,900 naira minimum wage (roughly $95 per month). What is the essence of government really? Mr President is saying he has created more millionaires, saying stealing is different from corruption and so on. Real pathetic statements from a President while the nation groan in pains and hardship.

I ask why will things not cost more with the recent devaluation of the naira? What is produced in Nigeria, almost everything is imported? How can an average minimum wage income citizen cope? Transportation will be more expensive as the cabal is still in full force but all over the world petrol is really getting cheaper. In fact I pity General Buhari if he wins, where will Buhari start from? Someone that left as head of state with 1 naira to 2 dollars will meet 200 naira to 1 dollar?

So vote wisely Nigerians; if it is another 4 years of this entire calamity you want? Good for you and if it is a vote just to reduce corruption to minimum only? Good for you. And if you are confused, remember there is a lady Professor I know have good intensions for Nigeria too among the eleven Presidential contestant Prof. Mrs. Sonaiya (KOWA Party) you can vote for her (although she might not have 21 billion naira to be contributed in 2 hours for her election though). The solution still lies within the intelligentsia to get together because a team is needed in saving this beautiful wrecking ship.

Ayodeji Aladegbami
Financial Expert and Sustainable Development Expert
daladegbami@gmail.com

Expect a write up on the intelligentsia tomorrow, thank you for reading

(1) (Reply)

Dont Take My Man / Thoughts Of A Sleepless Night / Please I Need Help...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.