Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Re: INEC Voter’s Registration & The PVC Collection; How’s The Progress... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Re: INEC Voter’s Registration & The PVC Collection; How’s The Progress... (1199 Views)

10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" / Ipaye And His Continous Hindrance To The Progress Of Ijebu Igbo / INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Voter’s Registration & The PVC Collection; How’s The Progress... by stealth007: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2015
The above named topic was created by 31st December, 2014, around 10:28am in Politics section of course with good intention. To my astonishment, it was completely removed by the moderator few minutes later, here is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/2069593/inec-voters-registration-pvc-collection and the passage is quoted hereunder:
1. Does anything in the said passage contravene the guide rules of the Nairaland forum?
2. If not can the moderator responsible for this action explain the rationale behind his/her action?

INEC Voter’s registration and the PVC collection; how’s the progress in your area?

With the 2015 general election scheduled to begin barely Six weeks from now.
1. How will you rate the preparation for this especially on the part of INEC considering the fact that electronic voting will be introduced?
2. In what way can the government, the INEC and all the stake holders be of help in this regard?
Please the respondents are needed in all the six geo political zones so as to know if these problems are generic or specific to some zones.
My experience:
I had registered before the 2011 general election, so I had the temporary voter’s card. Few weeks ago during the new 2014 voter’s registration regime, I attempted to retrieve my permanent voter’s card. I was made to realize that my data and that of many people from registration centre were not captured by the INEC database (I did use card for the 2011 general election), therefore I could not get my PVC and I was advised to register afresh.
Where I wanted to register is a moderately sized town that has thousands of eligible voters in Ogun State. To my astonishment, only three registration centres were provided by the INEC in contrast to eight Unilag registration units where I did mine in 2011. Against all odds I was there for two consecutive days in a bid to be registered, I wasn’t successful because of the population at the registration units until the registration closed. For this same reason I was in Lagos, I was told the same thing happened and the INEC personnel said that they were optimistic that further registration will be conducted in no distant future before the election, this seems to be futuristic and not forthcoming so far.
My view:
1. My temporary voter’s card was used during the 2011 general election. If the record of it can no longer be found in INEC database, that is a clear pointer to the INEC’s incompetence or there is another agenda behind that especially if this happens on a massive scale.
2. INEC has four years to prepare for this exercise. Since the electronic voting is new in our system why not begin the exercise earlier because there will definitely be some challenges?
3. Given the fact that we are almost seven weeks to the date of general election and the problems of electronic voting system like the issuance of the PVC cards, pattern recognition problems and the likes, INEC should make provision for the alternatives so that majority of Nigerian will not end up being disenfranchised for the fault of not theirs.
4. INEC needs to be as transparent as much as they can because Nigerians look up to her to conduct free and fair election come 2015.
N.B: Keep your response coming and let’s avoid unnecessary accusation and the use of vulgar statement.

Stealth007
Re: Re: INEC Voter’s Registration & The PVC Collection; How’s The Progress... by lambvard: 11:18am On Jan 02, 2015
I was unable to register as well

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Was Down Some 2hrss 30 Mins Ago (7:30) Today / Photo: Ladies,imagine You Found Out This After Your Wedding / Just To Get Your Day Started(seephoto)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.