Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? (17668 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2008
I just got back to nigeria about 6 weeks ago, and all i see is "demonic forces" in action every where i went. I visited my girl's house and discovered that her 14 years old younger brother was attacked by evil spirits, he was taken to a prayer house where he still is as at now, we payed him a visit and during our visit i talked to him about how he felt and what was really wrong with him, he told me that he see things and hears voices most especially when he is in the dark that he wouldnt want to discuss with me, he urged me to just continue to pray for him. I visited kano(my home state) i was born a muslim but we converted to christainity when my mum decided to convert to her previous religion after the death of my dad(she became a muslim after they got married) and in kano i experienced the same thing.

I visited my moslem relatives on the other end (I still lie to them that I am a muslim to gain acceptance) and experienced the same thing, there was a girl who is a relative of a wife of my cousin, she was attacked by Aljanu (evil spirits ), and was brought to a mallam who lives in my cousins vicinity, we took the girl there and the mallam began to pray for her using the Koran, once he started praying for her she began to scream, cry and roll on the floor, she begged them to stop reading the Koran and promised to leave the young lady alone and never to return, they asked the so called Aljani what his name was, his age, where he came from and the reason he got hold of the young girl, the girl said somethings and continued to shout and scream when ever the mallam read the verses from the Koran, the young girl kept saying things that were not very clear and of no particular meaning, she was speaking in tongues the way christains do, in short it was really a DRAMICTIC scene, having been brought up as a muslim i had witnessed such events about twice or trice when i was a kid but it was really strange and eerie since i no longer believe in islam and had never witnessed such a thing for a very long time.

I came back to Benue and the same saga continued, I visited one of my friend and his brother inlaw was also attacked by "demonic forces" we went to visit him in the church, there is a place where they housed the demon possessed individuals, there were many people with different levels of insanity inside the building when we entered. When I went in I chatted with a few of them, I asked them how they were feeling and some told me they were getting better, one of them confided in me and confessed that he still keeps hearing voices urging him to kill the pastor and the guy that takes care of them, i was bewildered.

I have been living in Europe for the past 3 years, i earned my masters degree in Sweden, I have been to Germany and Ukraine. Europeans are mostly atheist as i found out when i went there, infact most of the people i have meet there(i have meet quite a lot of people there) were atheist. why don't they experience any witches, demons and Aljanu? i have never experienced or heard about anything like that amongts my european atheist friends, infact they don't know what it means to be possessed by evil spirit, I am an atheist leaning agnostic who believes that there are somethings that appear supernatural based on my experiences as a former moslem and christain. I am asking this question because most of the people here in Nigeria are blinded by dogma, which makes it difficult to have this kind of discussion with them, they start quoting from the bible or koran things they have little or no knowledge about besides i don't want to sow the seed of suspicion amongst my family and friends with such questions since every body here is very religious, and as the saying goes when in rome do as the romans do, so my question to any one who feels he has an answer is, Why is it that witches, Wizard, Aljanu and Demons never attack atheist but only attack religious people?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2008
Anybody?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2008
because non of them exist. . . dont go around worrying about witches, wizrads and aljanu they only exist in your mind. . . those people you alluded to are suffering from some mental illness or some form of schizophrenia. . . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by PastorAIO: 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2008
Why don't Aljanu and various djinns possess christians. Why don't satanic demons possess buddhists? Why doesn't Sango possess moslems, only arabic sounding spirit? I think if we can answer these then we'll have made great strides to answering the main question.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2008
Pastor AIO:

Why don't Aljanu and various djinns possess christians. Why don't satanic demons possess buddhists? Why doesn't Sango possess moslems, only arabic sounding spirit? I think if we can answer these then we'll have made great strides to answering the main question.

Very Interesting.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Seun(m): 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2008
Take your "demon-possessed" child to a good mental institution, and he will be "healed" in 2 weeks. Grr.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by PastorAIO: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2008
Seun:

Take your "demon-possessed" child to a good mental institution, and he will be "healed" in 2 weeks. Grr.

Is that a fact?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2008
Seun:

tell them make them here ohh abeg. . .
Pastor AIO:

buddisht, hindus etc all have their own evil and demonic forces that affect them and only them alone while christains and moslems have their's that attack and affect them alone. . .  that says a lot about all these imaginary beings. . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by thehomer: 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2008
What they call attacks are psychiatric illnesses. The example you gave

bindex:

one of them confided in me and confessed that he still keeps hearing voices urging him to kill the pastor and the guy that takes care of them,

is a sypmptom of a psychiatric illness called obsessive compulsive disorder.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by PastorAIO: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2008
thehomer:

Sounds more like Schizophrenia.
mazaje:

[b]tell them make them here ohh abeg. . .
[/b]buddisht, hindus etc all have their own evil and demonic forces that affect them and only them alone while christains and moslems have their's that attack and affect them alone. . .  that says a lot about all these imaginary beings. . . .

Where did you ever hear that a psychiatrist had cured a schizophrenic?

What exactly does the fact that buddhists are attacked by buddhist demons and christians by christian demons tell us about them. you say it says a lot about them, pray tell, like what. What does that say about them?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2008
thehomer:

Interesting, but how then do you explain all the screaming, shouting and crying from the young hausa girl in response to the koranic verses were read out loud to her?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2008
Pastor AIO:

Where did you ever hear that a psychiatrist had cured a schizophrenic?

What exactly does the fact that buddhists are attacked by buddhist demons and christians by christian demons tell us about them. you say it says a lot about them, pray tell, like what. What does that say about them?

It says they are all imaginarywhat you do is what you get. . . . what you believe in is what usually happens to you. . just as you rightly pointed out, why is it that aljanu never attack christains, hindus etc? why is it that christain demons/devil never attack moslems, jews or hindus spritually? the answer is because they are all imaginary spirits. enough said. . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 10:46pm On Dec 13, 2008
bindex:

Interesting, but how then do you explain all the screaming, shouting and crying from the young hausa girl in response to the koranic verses were read out loud to her?
The same way the christain demons/evil spirits respond to christain prayers and the same way the hindus demons and evil spirits respond to the hindu prayers and incantations. its all in the mind. . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=202985.msg3194589#msg3194589

Click on the above link. Sort of addresses the question though mine was on the exclusivity of the practise of witchcraft in Africa.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by thehomer: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2008
bindex:

They can be phobias, or she may just be acting. Many people do that.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2008
Ndipe:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=202985.msg3194589#msg3194589

Click on the above link. Sort of addresses the question though mine was on the exclusivity of the practise of witchcraft in Africa.

Very interesting thread you have up there.

thehomer:

They can be phobias, or she may just be acting. Many people do that.

It's plausible
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2008
Witchcraft is real. can't be denied at all. At times, I wonder if the heinous activities of witchcraft is co-related to the ancestral worship in the olden days. Probably so.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bobkezel(m): 12:17am On Dec 14, 2008
No no no!!! I disagree wid u.Witches,wizards n demons attack everybody.Even witches attack witches.Why it looks like witches dont attack atheists is because when atheists ar attacked,they hav no time 4shoutin 'holyghost fire' there4 nobody knows when they ar attacked.Even the witches wonder why they dont lament n they hate it.
But christians shout even at d sound of a mosquito due 2fear.Witches invoke fear in their victims mind 1st b4 they attack.This is because,once there is fear d body,mind and soul of their victim bcoms disarrayed making them vulnerable 4d attack.But d atheists have almost nothing 2fear about.Is it god's punishment,satans fire,hell or heaven.
The atheist i mean here are d real ones n not these fakes.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by shotster50(m): 1:15am On Dec 14, 2008
What you do not believe in, wont kill you.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 2:19am On Dec 14, 2008
because witches, wizards and demons are nothing but mind tricks.

bobkezel:

No no no!!! I disagree wid u.Witches,wizards n demons attack everybody.Even witches attack witches.Why it looks like witches don't attack atheists is because when atheists ar attacked,they hav no time 4shoutin 'holyghost fire' there4 nobody knows when they ar attacked.Even the witches wonder why they don't lament n they hate it.
But christians shout even at d sound of a mosquito due 2fear.Witches invoke fear in their victims mind 1st before they attack.This is because,once there is fear d body,mind and soul of their victim bcoms disarrayed making them vulnerable 4d attack.But d atheists have almost nothing 2fear about.Is it god's punishment,satans fire,hell or heaven.
The atheist i mean here are d real ones n not these fakes.

so all i have to do is scream holy ghost fire and the winch go vamoose. thanks for the magic words.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by shotster50(m): 2:28am On Dec 14, 2008
lol at Bawomolo.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Hauwa1: 2:35am On Dec 14, 2008
human psychology is something we can never fully understand. . . as you take a psychology class, you go in deeper in other psychology studies  shocked you will be left in shock at things you'd learn and find.

there are books i refuse to sell back at the end of the semester and those books are my psychology books. quite interesting, puzzling, shocking etc

poster, encourage those people to visit the hospital. visiting a Psychiatrist is the starting point. hopefully there are good psych hosp around them.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 2:42am On Dec 14, 2008
Psychiatry cant treat the causes of witchcraft. Lets be real, and not be in denial, these evil forces exist.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:41am On Dec 14, 2008
This post is among the funniest i've read ina LOOOONNNG TIME. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2008
That's religion for you na lol. Let me try and answer
Christians get demonic attacks from christian demons.
Muslims get demonic attacks from islamic demons.
Even african traditional religion has ogbanje to deal with.
Hmmm I think ignorance will be the demon of atheists then don't you think
Lol una funny no be small.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by tpia: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2008
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by PastorAIO: 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2008
What exactly is the definition of witchcraft for you guys? I ask because it seems to me that in Nigeria mastering any skill to a certain level of proficiency is enough to earn the title of Witch.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2008
Warri definition:
Synonyms - kpians, okpukpuru, esu, winch.
A witch is a person who can fly at night to any meeting place regardless of distance. Means of flight include groundnut kanda, plantain leaves, broom and others including electric high tension wires which act as speed train if you are late for meeting.
A winch can carry your womb to meeting and eat it and do many wicked things to you. They are also famous for pressing people at night. The venue for their meeting is called a coven and can be found on top of the tallest trees in the forest.
smiley
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by PastorAIO: 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Warri definition:
Synonyms - kpians, okpukpuru, esu, winch.
A witch is a person who can fly at night to any meeting place regardless of distance. Means of flight include groundnut kanda, plantain leaves, broom and others including electric high tension wires which act as speed train if you are late for meeting.
A winch can carry your womb to meeting and eat it and do many wicked things to you. They are also famous for pressing people at night. The venue for their meeting is called a coven and can be found on top of the tallest trees in the forest.
smiley

What if you fly at night, but not to any meeting and not through any vehicle or means. you just find yourself gliding through the sky at night after you've gone to sleep. Does that make you a witch?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Obalende: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2008
becos the atheist is not a threat.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Obalende: 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2008
theres a lot of demoniacs & evil activity in america too - not just nigeria.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Obalende: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ any further comments?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" / Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.