Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (262671 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by tosinfresh(m): 8:46pm On May 03, 2015
Generaloluseye:
Good to find my self in this new thread. The diff btw dssc and ssc is that dssc is for professionals like engineers, doctors, lawyers, chaplain...etcwhile ssc is for a graduate of any course not listed in a particular year during advert. Dssc training is for 6 months while ssc training is for 9 months. Dssc gets two star while ssc gets one star after training. I hope that helps

Dssc is also 9 months training
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2015
tosinfresh:

Dssc is also 9 months training
thats not true! DSSC lasts 6months
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 5:35am On May 04, 2015
good morning well meaning Nigerians in nl.com. Ib heard that during training in depot dat they sleep inside the bush sometimes, whats d regular punishment there, hope no flogging?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 8:01am On May 04, 2015
Movingcoil:
good morning well meaning Nigerians in nl.com. Ib heard that during training in depot dat they sleep inside the bush sometimes, whats d regular punishment there, hope no flogging?

lol...
are u sure u really wana be a cadet?
brother, expect anything in depot, even death!

we pray God give us the strength to endure..and preserve our lives

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by justineu(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2015
odimbannamdi:
@movingcoil

i served and am working currently in Ojo barracks, suffice it to say that i have mingled with senior officers who are willing to share info with aspirants. infact i have 2 friends that are 2nd lieutenants who just passed out from the last concluded courses. one went to NDA while the other is SSC

We will be required to run a distance of 3.2km in 15mins. the race will culminate into an enclosure that, once u make it in within the stipulated time, then u have qualified for the next stage.

am also on the big and muscular side with a weight of 85kg. i run too, but my major problem is endurance, though am seriously working on it now through early morning jogging.

i suggest u do the same because if u dont make the race, no senior officer will be able to influence it. so work on your fitness now.

to add to what generaloluseye said

only God guarantees safety, but as an officer u must be ready to die. stark truth! during the election period, the camo uniform and boots of all the lieutenants and captains were ready for immediate movement. most of them slept very late so they would be ready to go to any troubled area.

i pray God protects and keep us till the time of our retirement
bro, do they require 2:1 or 2:2 or any grade for ssc. Tnks
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 1:02pm On May 04, 2015
Movingcoil:
Do not be mistaken, Depot is where RRI (Regular Recruit Intake) train, it is located in Zaria. It is not a general name for training grounds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2015
mimzy007:
Do not be mistaken, Depot is where RRI (Regular Recruit Intake) train, it is located in Zaria. It is not a general name for training grounds.

thanks for the enlightenment ma. i guess "camp" is a better word?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 1:55pm On May 04, 2015
justineu:
bro, do they require 2:1 or 2:2 or any grade for ssc. Tnks

i dont really know for sure. but i think 2.2. should be the least
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 5:17pm On May 04, 2015
Nigerian army has a minimum req of 2nd class lower, same goes for airforce but navy is 2nd class upper.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 04, 2015
I have some feelings that the class one uses to pass out from the uni do play a role in selection. and wen I asked about flogging in camp not dat am scared.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by adegold1234: 8:25am On May 05, 2015
Pls how,do they accept NECO result as Olevel requirement or only WAEC result?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2015
adegold1234:
Pls how,do they accept NECO result as Olevel requirement or only WAEC result?

you must make 5credits in your core subjects in at most 2 sittings.

that means you can combine at most 2 from the O level exams : WAEC GCE NECO to make at least 5 credits in your core subjecte
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by BUSHHUNTER: 9:58am On May 05, 2015
it is not stated in any of their previous requirement...once you are a graduate you are good to apply regardless of your grade.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 3:52pm On May 05, 2015
Bushhunter you are wrong on that, a graduate with a third class result cannot apply. They state 2:2 is the least class acceptable, in fact NN states 2:1 as their least. Maybe you have never noticed but they state it.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by BUSHHUNTER: 4:15pm On May 05, 2015
Mimzy007 stating it does not mean one with 3rd class should not apply I know quite a number of peeps with 3rdclass and they are in the Army its just there to chase ppl away...since the process is based on mental and physical strength.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 05, 2015
mimzy007:
Bushhunter you are wrong on that, a graduate with a third class result cannot apply. They state 2:2 is the least class acceptable, in fact NN states 2:1 as their least. Maybe you have never noticed but they state it.
mimzy is like u are among d aspirants?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by useebobo(m): 7:56pm On May 05, 2015
when will d form be on sale please
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Spidermon: 8:24pm On May 05, 2015
Someone asked about flogging in training. I know you would be pushed to the limits on all fronts. Prepare for the worst but determine not to die there. Victory is from God alone.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 8:33pm On May 05, 2015
Hmm...its ookay
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by viqueta(m): 12:15am On May 06, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
Mimzy007 stating it does not mean one with 3rd class should not apply I know quite a number of peeps with 3rdclass and they are in the Army its just there to chase ppl away...since the process is based on mental and physical strength.
Are u saying u can still buy even the NN dssc form even if u have a 2.2?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by BUSHHUNTER: 12:35pm On May 06, 2015
viqueta:

Yes you can
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by chizyco: 3:22pm On May 06, 2015
please am a female and am also interested in joining the military,..I studied psychology. please you guys should keep me posted when the form is on sale. Am really enjoying all your posts and comments here.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DSpokesMan(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2015
viqueta:

My oga, even a WASSC holder can 'BUY' the NN DSSC form. However, be informed that the NN places much emphasy on graduates with 2:1. Getting shortlisted (and making the final list) is the real deal. Remember the NN is ALWAYS MORE competitive. Weigh your options thoroughly. Nevertheless, nothing is impossible. Na 9ja we dey... But then, Victory is from God alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by BUSHHUNTER: 7:28pm On May 07, 2015
Gallant and able men are out there willing to serve their fatherland but they are not giving the opportunity...still don't know why this corrupt navy tend to emphasis more on the issue of 2.1 stuff....mehn its so annoying and this shlt only happen in the fcvkin navy.....really need serious and urgent reform in that messed up system.

Back then there was nothing like grade ish for joining the military once u are a graduate and you are medically and physically fit mehn you are good to go.

Smh for this country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by isidollarboy(m): 7:59pm On May 07, 2015
This is the best thread I have enjoyed on Nairaland.
Please I still need to be cleared from people who had the experience or have earlier applied, on the issue of referee, Are we to collect recommendation letter from them or there is a place for them to sign on the form before submitting it.

Secondly, is good to go my school now and ask for attestation letter now or I have to wait till the form comes out.

Must the "o" level (WAEC) , be the original result (copy) or print out could used in filling out the form.

Thanks to everyone on you who has been feeding us with great info.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 07, 2015
chizyco:
please am a female and am also interested in joining the military,..I studied psychology. please you guys should keep me posted when the form is on sale. Am really enjoying all your posts and comments here.
u said we should keep u posted ma? how ma? OK give me ur house address, I will take it upon myself to enjoy the pain of coming to ur house and knocking on ur door when the o form comes out...

from wat my spirit is telling me, it's most probable DAT dz form ain't coming out soon. but I still like it somehow at least let it coincide with when I will pass out this year.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DSpokesMan(m): 10:46pm On May 07, 2015
@isidollarboy, as regards your referees, usually, you'ld be required to print out pages for your referees' attestation. They would sign (comment) and affix their passports.
N.B: Its not so easy getting refs to release their passports.

Concerning your letter of attestation, I'd humbly advice you apply and patiently wait for your name to be shortlisted before applying for your letter from your school. Letter of Attestation is only presented (physically) if you are privileged (and lucky enough) to make the first Shortlist. However, there's no harm getting the Letter ready if you are 'very sure' of making the list.

Bonnenuit!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:23am On May 08, 2015
Abeg is the SSC forms out..@Generaloluseye
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by chizyco: 8:49am On May 08, 2015
I mean by updates here...@movingcoil
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by isidollarboy(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2015
DSpokesMan:
@isidollarboy, as regards your referees, usually, you'ld be required to print out pages for your referees' attestation. They would sign (comment) and affix their passports.
N.B: Its not so easy getting refs to release their passports.

Concerning your letter of attestation, I'd humbly advice you apply and patiently wait for your name to be shortlisted before applying for your letter from your school. Letter of Attestation is only presented (physically) if you are privileged (and lucky enough) to make the first Shortlist. However, there's no harm getting the Letter ready if you are 'very sure' of making the list.

Bonnenuit!
well said!
Thanks. It's not really easy about the referees, I have met up every criteria but still battling with this issues of referee, the only hope I have is my local government chairman, which may not even agree to afix his passport. .. I pray God help me......

On the issue of WAEC, will they accept computer print out when filling out the form or it has to be the original copy from WAEC.

Thanks!!!! am grateful for all your reply. .
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by osagiemi(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2015
Can I apply without NYSC discharge certificate?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by isidollarboy(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2015
osagiemi:
Can I apply without NYSC discharge certificate?
I don't think it's possible. ... that's one thing that guarantee the authenticity that you re a graduate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.