Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? (16627 Views)

If We Do Not Kill Bid'ah, Bid'ah Will Kill Us / Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) / ~ 10 Facts About Jummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Usiyaro(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
There is no doubt that Friday is an “Eid” or
“festival” for the Muslims, as it says in the
hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be
pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of
Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)
said: “This is a day of ‘Eid that Allah has ordained
for the Muslims, so whoever comes to Jumu‘ah,
let him do ghusl, and if he has any perfume let
him put some on, and you should use the
miswaak.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1098; classed
as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)
said, describing the special virtues of Friday:
Thirteen: It is a day of ‘Eid that is repeated every
week.
Zaad al-Ma‘aad, 1/369
Thus the Muslims have three Eids: Eid al-Fitr and
Eid al-Adha, which come once every year, and
Jumu‘ah which is repeated once every week.
Secondly:
With regard to the Muslims congratulating one
another on the occasions of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-
Adha, this is prescribed and it is narrated from the
Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them). This
has been discussed previously in the answers to
questions no. 49021 and 36442. As for
congratulating one another on the occasion of
Friday, what seems to us to be the case is that it
is not prescribed, because the fact that Friday is
an Eid was known to the Sahaabah (may Allah be
pleased with them), and they were more
knowledgeable than us about its virtues, and they
were keen to respect it and give it its due, but
there is no report to suggest that they used to
congratulate one another on Fridays. And all
goodness is in following them (may Allah be
pleased with them).
Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan (may Allah preserve
him) was asked: What is the ruling on sending
text messages every Friday and ending with the
phrase “Jumu‘ah mubaarak”?
He replied:
The early generation did not congratulate one
another on Fridays, so we should not introduce
anything that they did not do.
End quote from Ajwabat As’ilah Majallat al-Da‘wah
al-Islamiyyah.
A similar fatwa was issued by Shaykh Sulaymaan
al-Maajid (may Allah preserve him), when he said:
We do not think it is prescribed to exchange
congratulations on Fridays, such as saying to one
another, “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” and so on, because
it comes under the heading of du‘aa’s and dhikrs,
which must be based on a text (of the Qur’aan or
Sunnah) because this is purely the matter of
worship and if it were good, the Prophet
(blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and
his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them)
would have done it before us. If anyone suggests
that this is permissible, then that may imply that it
is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one
another after having done the five daily prayers
and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these
times was not done by the early generations.
End quote from the Shaykh’s website (may Allah
preserve him)
If a Muslim prays for his brother on Friday with
the intention of softening his heart and making
him happy, and seeking the time when
supplications are answered, there is nothing
wrong with that.
And Allah knows best.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=872562229461160&substory_index=0&id=162289497155107&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6099715891930954298%3Amf_story_key.8298027602147810082&__tn__=%2As

2 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by kazlaw2000: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hehehe. Kai! Salafis cant stop amazing me. Saying 'Jumuah Mubarak' is a 'Bidya'? Just becos the Prophet and the Sahabas didnt say such? Well, i personally dont agree with such a conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by dejt4u(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
kazlaw2000:
Hehehe. Kai! Salafis cant stop amazing me. Saying 'Jumuah Mubarak' is a 'Bidya'? Just becos the Prophet and the Sahabas didnt say such? Well, i personally dont agree with such a conclusion.
dont mind that trash the OP posted.. How are they sure that the prophet nd sahabas didnt do anything of such during their time?
Of what harm is the greeting to muslim umma and humanity?

Among the source of sharia is Qiyas.. Which is 'analogical deduction'!

Do not be misled..There is no harm whatsoever in wishing your muslim brothers nd sisters a happy jumat!
May Allah forgive us all of our shortcomings.
Jumat Mubaraq

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Empiree: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
kazlaw2000:
In telling you man... such ideology is very sickening. It's called "protestant Islam". Which means literal interpretation of text. Such approach to Islam blinds heart.

Same thing they did about tesbih (tesuba). At the time of rosul(saw), he would use his fingers to do dhikr. This "rigid-textual ideology" condemned tesbih for counts just because it was not used back then according to them. Very sick.

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Usiyaro(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Wallahu a'alam. Pls observe dat d name of my topic carries a question mark and d whole text I copied from a link I pasted above, I trust they proved beyond reasonable doubt thier reason for saying so but if incase you passed it here it is in quote "As for
congratulating one another on the occasion of
Friday, what seems to us to be the case is that
it
is not prescribed, because the fact that Friday is
an Eid was known to the Sahaabah (may Allah
be
pleased with them), and they were more
knowledgeable than us about its virtues, and they
were keen to respect it and give it its due, but
there is no report to suggest that they used to
congratulate one another on Fridays. And all
goodness is in following them (may Allah be
pleased with them)." see d point? If d two eids proves in hadith that the prophet and his sahaba's celebrated and shared greetings and in them why not so in the case of Jum'ah? Believe me if there was any little bit of habit during d time of d prophet it wouldn't be left out in any hadith but non. My view Sure u can send salams to your friends and family, if you wish you send them a happy Jum'ah but maybe not in d forms of the other two eids I.e saying Jum'ah mubarak or kareem. Wallahu a'alam may Allah give us understanding of the Deen... Ameen

3 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by dejt4u(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
Op.. Dont you get it.. What you wrote up there is against normal human reasoning.. So I call it trash once again!

Note that: simply because some mofos tells you that it is right doesnt make it right.. Example is that of bokoharam and ISIS that are misleading hundreds of muslim around the world..

Do not be misled by what you heard alone, do critical thinking as well and extract the factual facts thereafter!

Jummah mubaraq!

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by ayinba1(f): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
Please is "have a good day, bid'ah"? What about "have a good weekend?"
What about "e kaaro?" or good night?
Sometimes, I am afraid to speak? sad

Please give me the best translation of Jummah Mubarak?
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by kazlaw2000: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
dejt4u:

Do not be misled by what you heard alone, do critical thinking as well and extract the factual facts thereafter!

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Empiree: 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
ayinba1:

Thanks
You de mind them grin them 3 much. Only matter of time b4 they tell u say you don't cough "sunnatically". grin

Don't be afraid to talk. I talk when I know my thoughts and practices are within shariah.

4 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by lanrexlan(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
ayinba1:

Thanks
Yes, it's 'bid'ah' oooooo.
Did the Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) say 'E kaaro' or 'Good morning' or 'Have a good day'? Or did the sahabas said such? Did the tabe'een say such?
We can't find evidences for it from the Ahadith and other books, so it's rejected. grin

Lol,hehehehehe Laughter iyaf kill me.All this ideology you are sharing, there's God ooo.
Sometimes, I feel sick reading something like what it's in the op.

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
lanrexlan:
Yes, it's 'bid'ah' oooooo.
Did the Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) say 'E kaaro' or 'Good morning' or 'Have a good day'? Or did the sahabas said such? Did the tabe'een say such?
We can't find evidences for it from the Ahadith and other books, so it's rejected. grin

Lol,hehehehehe Laughter iyaf kill me.All this ideology you are sharing, there's God ooo.
Sometimes, I feel sick reading something like what it's in the op.

Lanrexlan E be like say na you wan turn baba suwe of NL o. grin grin grin grin grin This is night of plenty laughter. This Bid'atic haramic ideology has rely made innocent mind paranoid.

One of the best verses I love most is "...afala taqilun".

Jumu'a al-Mubarak wa E'ed Mawlud sherif.

5 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Usiyaro(m): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
Wallahu a'alam, may Allah make us understand the Deen.. Tanx for ur comments and advice I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by ayinba1(f): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
Okay, no one translated for me so I googled it
"Blessed Friday"

If I am wrong please correct me.

I could very well wish my loved ones "Blessed Monday through Sunday", unless they will accuse me of over greeting them

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
dejt4u:
dont mind that trash the OP posted.. How are they sure that the prophet nd sahabas didnt do anything of such during their time?
Of what harm is the greeting to muslim umma and humanity?

Among the source of sharia is Qiyas.. Which is 'analogical deduction'!

Do not be misled..There is no harm whatsoever in wishing your muslim brothers nd sisters a happy jumat!
May Allah forgive us all of our shortcomings.
Jumat Mubaraq

Ma sha Allah.
Shukran kathir wa jazak'Allahu khair akhi.

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Empiree:
You de mind them grin them 3 much. Only matter of time b4 they tell u say you didn't cough "sunnatically".

Don't be afraid to talk. I talk when I know my thought and practices are within shariah.

@bold, Cou-fu cou-fu grin

Another Fatwa From Sheik Albaqir grin
"Using spoon and fork and eating on the dining table is Bid'ah since Prophet and his companion did not used it." How about that bro grin grin

Sometimes, they make all muslims look stupid in the eyes of the non-muslims, with their senseless ideology.

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Empiree: 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
AlBaqir:

@bold, Cou-fu cou-fu grin

Another Fatwa From Sheik Albaqir grin
"Using spoon and fork and eating on the dining table is Bid'ah since Prophet and his companion did not used it." How about that bro grin grin

Sometimes, they make all muslims look stupid in the eyes of the non-muslims, with their senseless ideology.
I tell you bro...am sick of it. I dont blame Usiyaro. But he could have saved these resentment by reasoning before posting sheik's opinion.

Dont feel bad though @usiyaro. That's prevailing ideology for you from so called "we are following aslaf"

In most cases, they do not have proper methodology. Thats the problem

2 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
^In fact, 'Ali Jabata, the new salafi Takfiri Imam in Ilorin has turned everything to Kufr. And to my amazement the followership get increasing under the disguise of "kitab wa sunnah".
According to him believing that Ebola virus is transmittable is Kufr. You should believe it to be Qadar.

And that's how it goes world-wide with these ideology. They are the cancer of this Ummah.
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by lanrexlan(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
AlBaqir:

Lanrexlan E be like say na you wan turn baba suwe of NL o. grin grin grin grin grin This is night of plenty laughter. This Bid'atic haramic ideology has rely made innocent mind paranoid.

One of the best verses I love most is "...afala taqilun".

Jumu'a al-Mubarak wa E'ed Mawlud sherif.
grin grin grin grin The thing tire me my brother.I was just watching the other time, that a guy named AlaniKb was telling you to give him proofs for the word 'Holy' at the end of the name of the Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) from predecessors.I was like 'Seriously, what's this'?

What's going on self?

Same to you my brother, Jummuah Mubarak
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by lanrexlan(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
ayinba1:
Okay, no one translated for me so I googled it
"Blessed Friday"

If I am wrong please correct me.

I could very well wish my loved ones "Blessed Monday through Sunday", unless they will accuse me of over greeting them
Sorry dear sister, na laughter make us forget your question lol.

You aren't wrong jare, don't mind them with all these trash fatwas.

@AlBaqir and Empiree, you guys don't know how to cough.You should cough like someone living in the desert of Arabia, the cough must be very audible o grin grin

The funny thing is that these set of people use the word 'Bid'ah and Haram' so freely without feeling anything .
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
lanrexlan:
grin grin grin grin The thing tire me my brother.I was just watching the other time, that a guy named AlaniKb was telling you to give him proofs for the word 'Holy' at the end of the name of the Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) from predecessors.I was like 'Seriously, what's this'?

What's going on self?

Same to you my brother, Jummuah Mubarak

My brother. Walahi I nearly got Armageddon of the brain. Imagine the question: "why adding 'Holy' to 'the prophet'?" "Which of the salaf added it?" It sucks!

I fear the fitna of this ideology o, walahi.
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
lanrexlan:

@AlBaqir and Empiree, you guys don't know how to cough.You should cough like someone living in the desert of Arabia, the cough must be very audible o grin grin

The moment it is audible, that's not sunnatic again o. It is 'iko fere' (TB cough). grin

lanrexlan:

The funny thing is that these set of people use the word 'Bid'ah and Haram' so freely without feeling anything .

Using the word "bid'ah and haram" , and "kafir" is like eating food and drinking water to them o.

But do they ever ponder or hid on the warning in the holy Qur'an?
"O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger , and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing." ~sura al-Hujurat:1

Oya ni wan, wan nbe.

Abdullah ibn Abbas was reported to have narrated from the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) thus:
"Whatever Qur'an declare Haram is Haram, and whatever it declare Halal is Halal. As to what it does not mention, that is forgiven for your Lord does not forget"

3 Likes

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Empiree: 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by ComradeTY(m): 8:11am On Jan 03, 2015
May b we should not say anything greetings again except Asalamualayk and Eid Mubaraq. Since bowing for elders is also bidah, imagine u greeting ur father and standing his front putting out ur hand first for handshake, Do what u know is right and if u are in doubt of anything seek for knowledge. Have a Blessed weekend Bro and sis
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by AlBaqir(m): 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
Here comes another weird fresh fatwa grin

Saudi Cleric Says Building Snowmen is “Un-
Islamic”

Asked on a religious website if it was permissible for fathers to build snowmen for their children after a snowstorm in the country's north, Sheikh
Mohammed Saleh al-Munajjid replied: "It is not
permitted to make a statue out of snow, even by way of play and fun."

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/saudi-cleric-says-building-snowmen-un-islamic

1 Like

Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Empiree: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
AlBaqir:
Here comes another weird fresh fatwa grin

Saudi Cleric Says Building Snowmen is “Un-
Islamic”

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/saudi-cleric-says-building-snowmen-un-islamic
Honestly, there are other important issues bothering this ummah this Sheik should worry about. Instead, they issuing fatwa on nonsense. They really upside down. His fatwa really is irrelevant to me. This is the kind of peanut Sheik imran Hussein's talking about.

I guess they realized his fatwa is rubbish. They had to remove it from the link.
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by busar(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ignorance is indeed a disease. The op brought evidences to support his stand, why can't guys bring yours Instead of calling it trash?
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by RAO1(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2015
busar:
Ignorance is indeed a disease. The op brought evidences to support his stand, why can't guys bring yours Instead of calling it trash?
in fact! I was disappointed...commending or condemning issues must be substantiated... the op has posted what he heard for ppl to have their say... but unfortunately ppl's disputed this perhaps they have issues with some sects/inter-denominations in Islam. .this is a platform to educate ppl n be educated by ppl... I don't like posting on here cause of arguments might emerge hence hatred for "my Omo ì ya" .....this is the environment we meet ourselves, where we say "a ku odun o,a ku jimo o, Ati beebe lo... all this do not Make one non Muslim anymore...
assalam alaykum wa rahamotu llah'
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 31, 2015
Like seriously, you guys don't need to bash the op and this is a very bad habit i must say, he said nothing out of his own will, all he did was to bring several fatawas together and you people started calling it trash and all... nawa o, The best of muslims are those who are best in manners, please where are the manners here, maadhaLlah.
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2015
Empiree:
Honestly, there are other important issues bothering this ummah this Sheik should worry about. Instead, they issuing fatwa on nonsense. They really upside down. His fatwa really is irrelevant to me. This is the kind of peanut Sheik imran Hussein's talking about.

I guess they realized his fatwa is rubbish. They had to remove it from the link.
He must have said this because statues are Haram in Islam, you people should not just start calling people names, this is not what Islam teaches. If it was nonsense do you think someone would ask? The person asked the sheik cos he knows there must be something with regards to it
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 31, 2015
AlBaqir:

The moment it is audible, that's not sunnatic again o. It is 'iko fere' (TB cough). grin

Using the word "bid'ah and haram" , and "kafir" is like eating food and drinking water to them o.

But do they ever ponder or hid on the warning in the holy Qur'an?
"O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger , and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing." ~sura al-Hujurat:1

Oya ni wan, wan nbe.

Abdullah ibn Abbas was reported to have narrated from the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) thus:
"Whatever Qur'an declare Haram is Haram, and whatever it declare Halal is Halal. As to what it does not mention, that is forgiven for your Lord does not forget"
What of the hadith that states there are some things in between that only few prople know and that this doubtful things should be stayed away from. We need to stop trying to make everything suit our preferences.
Re: Wishing Jummah Mubarak Is Bid'ah? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 31, 2015
dejt4u:
Op.. Dont you get it.. What you wrote up there is against normal human reasoning.. So I call it trash once again!

Note that: simply because some mofos tells you that it is right doesnt make it right.. Example is that of bokoharam and ISIS that are misleading hundreds of muslim around the world..

Jummah mubaraq!
Lol..... there's this hadith that says : a man will say one word and this will make him one of the inhabitants of hell, another will say one word and it will make him one of the dwellers of Jannah. Watch what you say brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Teachings on Intimate Relations Between Spouses / Islam Doesn't Teach Terrorism, Clarification Of The Quoted Qur'an Verses / Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.