Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Who Am I? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Am I? (656 Views)

Who Am I? / Jamb Has Finally Destroyed My Life. What Am I Going To Do? / My Take: Am I The Only Person That Feels This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I? by calcus(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
I am one advocate of change who refuses to change. Change is constant, true? That means I have changed I just didn't know or see it.
Over the years I have lived with this thought of why our forefathers never resisted the hardships of the europeans to the end. 'Iya ko to iya ni ki omode ni ko ni daa fun eni to na mi' (a child only continue cursing an elderly one when the suffering is still bearable).
Before I write let me give honour to whom honour is due. Though I can't remember all your names as I type this but Divepen, you are my mentor(fellow uite), hope to meet you soon, Coolval, I really cherish your narrative techniques, thanks so much.
This is my first piece here on nairaland and I hope you guys will like it. Criticisms and advices are entertained and welcomed.

Tears-soaked eyes she carries on
Metal dangling on his lips
Nobility in their blood
Presented as beast of burden

Inhuman nature drives on
Confused and convinced
All through the seasons
Nobility trampled on

Thousands miles walked they
Moons and suns walked to bay
If only we knew
Their hearts are black

We are black with white heart
We are not beasts
We have souls
We are human.

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammyaward With Beyonce / When I Shall Go Home / Episode 8:chronicles Of Isioma By Joy Akosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.