Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? (4511 Views)

5 Great Signs Lagos Is Becoming A 24-hour-city / See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by amnestylaw1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
How much does it cost a heavy internet user to use the internet in Nigeria and what service provider would you recommend to someone who is coming home and would want to be connected 24/7? By heavy internet user I mean someone who uses internet to whatsapp, view youtube videos, and other job related functions. What service provider offers the best and fastest, reliable internet connection?? How much will it cost one? With all the Glo adverts I do see on CNN, it seems to me that Glo will meet my needs, but since I am not in the country at the moment, I will appreciate opinions from fellow Nairalanders.

Here in Slovakia, I am on a 2 years contract with Orange and I pay 65 Euro monthly for all the calls I can make in the world, all the sms I can send, and 3000MB of internet data per month. So, whether I call or not, I have to pay 65 Euro every month for 2 years. Lest I forgot, this contract came with a Galaxy (can't even remember the phone model) phone. I am 5 months away from the end of the contract.

Please let's hear from you- what service will you recommend when it comes to using reliable, fast, internet in Nigeria and how much does it cost to be on internet 24/7? Thanks
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Pics of the contract with Orange or wedonbilivit grin
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by amnestylaw1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
Pics of the contract with Orange or wedonbilivit grin

Trust me, even if I scanned the doc and attach here, you won't understand anything as it is in Slovak language. :p
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
amnestylaw1:

Trust me, even if I scanned the doc and attach here, you won't understand anything as it is in Slovak language. :p
Prove am joor lol. Why don't your check the network providers' websites, try and find out more about the broadband and the promotions they offer, its much easier that way to estimate how much you will need by yourself.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by amnestylaw1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mondisweets:
Prove am joor lol. Why don't your check the network providers' websites, try and find out more about the broadband and the promotions they offer, its much easier that way to estimate how much you will need by yourself.

True talk. However, it's one thing to read the individual service providers' websites, it's another thing to get opinions from those who use or have used these services as they only can give first hand experience and advice on not only cost, but also reliability...
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
amnestylaw1:

True talk. However, it's one thing to read the individual service providers' websites, it's another thing to get opinions from those who use or have used these services as they only can give first hand experience and advice on not only cost, but also reliability...
I get you
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by iwriterng(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
I would be sincere in my analysis so read carefully.

1. Rule out the possibilities of watching/streamlining YouTube video if you don't reside in Lagos or Abuja.. You can always download and watch later.

2. If you reside in Lagos, to enjoy fast and reliable data package, you would subscribe to private ISP and not all these mobile network of a thing.

3. Internet is poor but not very expensive. You won't be spending up to $30/month for a quality internet service in Lagos/Abuja.

4. If you will be using your handheld device, you would have to subscribe to a mobile network package.

Personally, I use MTN (They're reliable than others IMHO) 3GB for #2500 monthly plan, but it only works in the night, however they would give you a bonus 1.5GB data that can be used at any time of the day, the catch here is just that, they don't start deducting your Night plan data until you exhaust the bonus.

5. After exhausting my bonus, what I do is, buy another 1GB SME data, I use the SME data during the day and 3GB at night.

In all I spend an average of #5000 on data monthly, so its not as expensive as what you have in Slovakia.

Heck! You can as well get a complete SME data bundle of 10GB for #10000 per month and use your hand device as hotspot whenever you're to use your PC.

PS: You're that man with the cute baby on YouTube right? Bathing him?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by amnestylaw1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
iwriterng:
I would be sincere in my analysis so read carefully.

1. Rule out the possibilities of watching/streamlining YouTube video if you don't reside in Lagos or Abuja.. You can always download and watch later.

2. If you reside in Lagos, to enjoy fast and reliable data package, you would subscribe to private ISP and not all these mobile network of a thing.

3. Internet is poor but not very expensive. You won't be spending up to $30/month for a quality internet service in Lagos/Abuja.

4. If you will be using your handheld device, you would have to subscribe to a mobile network package.

Personally, I use MTN (They're reliable than others IMHO) 3GB for #2500 monthly plan, but it only works in the night, however they would give you a bonus 1.5GB data that can be used at any time of the day, the catch here is just that, they don't start deducting your Night plan data until you exhaust the bonus.

5. After exhausting my bonus, what I do is, buy another 1GB SME data, I use the SME data during the day and 3GB at night.

In all I spend an average of #5000 on data monthly, so its not as expensive as what you have in Slovakia.

Heck! You can as well get a complete SME data bundle of 10GB for #10000 per month and use your hand device as hotspot whenever you're to use your PC.

PS: You're that man with the cute baby on YouTube right? Bathing him?

Thank you very much for the detailed analyses. I think the 10k per month bundle will meet my need. Yes, I am David's father. He'll be two years old come January 04.

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by iwriterng(m): 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
amnestylaw1:

Thank you very much for the detailed analyses. I think the 10k per month bundle will meet my need. Yes, I am David's father. He'll be two years old come January 04.

You're welcome. He's all grown up and handsome! Happy birthday to him in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Use Internet On A 24/7 Basis In Nigeria? by Bigdreams(m): 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
@OP, happy birthday in advance to your handsome son.

HOW LOCATION BASED MARKETING CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS GROW BEYOND EXPECTATIONS!!!

What Is Location Based Marketing?

Location based marketing is a form of marketing that enables you to reach your prospects within a particular location thus driving targeted responses to your offer, business or announcements.

What Are The Benefits Of Location Based Marketing?

Attract New Customers: One of the best ways to convert online traffic and foot traffic into new customers is via location-based marketing. People who may never have considered using your product or may have never heard of you, can be persuaded to try your business for the first time.

Attract Lots of Customers: With developments in social media and mobile devices, it's now far easier to attract a large group to your business.

Convert Impulses to Sales: Location-based marketing helps to greatly remove barriers to sales. Once a customer is physically close to your store, you have a greater chance of persuading them to purchase from you. Let's say it's a rainy day and a passerby is vaguely thinking that he might need to buy an umbrella. Your location-based message hits his smartphone, offering umbrellas at a discounted price in your nearby store. His impulse - to buy an umbrella - is converted into a sale for your business.

Become A Local Legend: It is highly unlikely that a small business will dominate any particular market in a city. However, the strategic use of location-based marketing can make you a viral hit in your street or city - and this may be all it takes to double your turnover. By focusing your marketing efforts close to your business location, you can get the kind of market saturation that's impossible on a broader scale.

Instant Results: Utilizing Location based Mobile Marketing helps you get instant results as your campaigns are targeted.

Cost Effective: Location based targeting helps you afford repetition and also provides you with the highest Return On Investment (ROI).

Introducing Our "Over 30 Million Verifiable GSM Numbers Sorted By First Name, Last Name, Sex, State And LGAs For Your Location Based Mobile Marketing"
With Which You Can Now Target Your Prospects By Their Location And Reach Them Instantly & Swell Your Account With Money....

Who Is This Database Useful For?

- Business Owners
- Bulk SMS Portal Owners
- Religious Organizations
- Mobile Marketing Consultants
- Election Campaign Officers
- Mini/Large Scale Importers
- Secondary Schools
- Tertiary Institutions
- Government Institutions
- Churches
- Etc...

YOU ARE GUARANTEED MAXIMUM RETURNS ON YOUR INVESTMENT BY PURCHASING THIS HIGHLY VERIFIED NATIONWIDE GSM DATABASE!!

For complete details on the state-by-state and lga-by-lga statistical figures of this highly verified gsm database, please visit www.bigdreamsconcept.com.ng/gsmdatabase or call 08098086797, 08144303049.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls, How Do I Get To Landstar Express Office In Agege From Okoko. / Finland- Frozen Sea (photos) / Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.