Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Inspirational Story About A Father And Son ( Common Sense Is Not That Common) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inspirational Story About A Father And Son ( Common Sense Is Not That Common) (668 Views)

Father And Son Rock Same Outfit (pictured) / Obituary Of Mother And Son Who Died On The Same Day (Photo) / Father And Daughter Die In Peacemass Accident: Wife Shares Heartbreaking Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Story About A Father And Son ( Common Sense Is Not That Common) by Anwasia(m): 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
When Life Seems To Put Out Every Light You Have, It Is Better to Light A Candle Than To Complain About The Darkness. The World we have created is a Product of our Thinking! It CANNOT be changed without CHANGING our THINKING!

Papa n Son Saga, Common Sense Is Not Common

There is the story of a wealthy man who had an only child. He loved his son so much that he could do anything for him. However, he realized that the greatest legacy that he can leave behind for his son was not just the physical, but also the spiritual. He therefore spent most of his time training, teaching and instructing his son in the path of life.

He imparted wisdom into the young man’s life using different strategies to fulfill this purpose. Due to his status, he had many servants that had been with him for years and had been faithfully serving him.
After some time, this man passed away leaving a Will explaining how his properties should be distributed. Everyone gathered together for the reading of the Will as the envelope was opened.
The Will read thus:
“To my son, my only son, whom I love, I give the singular opportunity to choose only one out of all that I own; and to my servants, my ever faithful servants, I give the opportunity to have all the other things I have left.”

Everywhere was filled with silence after the reading of the will, followed by whispers of shock from the audience. How can he do this? They wondered. “Are the servants more important than the son? Which one thing will he choose etc.”

The son was asked to take time to think of what he will choose so as not to make any hasty decision. He looked at them and replied thus:
“I don’t need time to think because I already know what to choose. You may all wonder at the rationale behind the will of my father, but I’m not surprised. He has taught me enough, for me to know what to do in situations like this; and if I make a mistake, it will not be his fault, but mine. This is my choice:  Since the servants are also part of my father’s belonging, I choose the servants.”

What do you think

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read!!! / The Monumental Loss Of A Highly Loved One / How To Kill Your Mother -in -law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.