Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,976 members, 7,852,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. (1246 Views)

EFCC 2016 Recruitment Result Is Out. Names Of Successful Candidates Published / How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by chyna4luv: 12:23am On Jan 03, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

I thank GOD for keeping us throughout last year and making us to see this new year 2015. I pray that all our heart desires shall be met this year. I am writing to let us know that, one can't ascertain his/her success after a job interview until the result is out.

I and other 29 applicants was opportuned to be selected for an interview after an aptitude test that was September last year 2014. I was the last person to be interviewed by the panels(two guys and one lady). The interview goes thus;
I entered the interview room, one of the panelists asked, may I have your CV? Why is your CV short? Why is your NYSC experience not included in your CV? He now advised me to always include NYSC in my CV. At this point my mind was that I have failed already. The guy now asked other panelists, do you have any question for him? The lady said yes.
She now asked me to talk about myself. Duties of a customer service officer? Why must we hire you? What values will you add to this Bank if we hire you?....
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by chyna4luv: 12:26am On Jan 03, 2015
The last question was, Have you had any issues with your co-workers before and how did you resolve it?

One thing about me is that, I am not too fluent in oral communication but I can think very fast to say something whenever a weird and a tricky question is asked. I answered the last question but she re-asked again. So, as I was answering the question again, the guy(one of the panelists) that collected my CV was busy writing and immediately, he now asked me to stop talking. He now said "you can go thank you." With this remark, my negative thought increased i.e I failed woefully. I became very sad and wasn't myself again. I began to blame myself for not including my NYSC in my CV and for the answer I gave for the last question. After four days, I forgot everything and move on with life.

To my greatest surprise, after two weeks, I received a text at about 6pm for the final interview to meet with the Bank executives for the next day.......
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by chyna4luv: 12:31am On Jan 03, 2015
I quickly suspended everything and rushed down to nearby cyber cafe and re-write my CV and added my NYSC experience. Guess what! When I reached the interview venue the next day, I met just four successful ones. After one week, we were three called for training, medical, documentation and offer letter.
Kindly share your own experience.

Best Regards,
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by scarplanet(m): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2015
It wasn't by your own making; you found grace in the eyes of your creator.
Most interviewee could very easily fail an interview for omitting the NYSC experience
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by romzyxy(m): 12:55am On Jan 03, 2015
One thing about me is that, I am not too fluent in oral communication but I can think very fast to say something whenever a weird and a trickish question is asked

nothing like trickish bt tricky. Anyway I got ur point. I vnt being at any interview b4. Xo no experience bt I learnt frm urx. 10kx.
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by mcpat(m): 1:31am On Jan 03, 2015
romzyxy:
One thing about me is that, I am not too fluent in oral communication but I can think very fast to say something whenever a weird and a trickish question is asked

nothing like trickish bt tricky. Anyway I got ur point. I vnt being at any interview b4. Xo no experience bt I learnt frm urx. 10kx.
You should also dedicate time to learning how to write in full.. Good luck on your next interview.
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by chyna4luv: 1:35am On Jan 03, 2015
romzyxy:

Dear Romzyxy,

Thank you for your response. I can assure you that, I am currently working towards modifying the areas in my write up which you found wrongly spelt. We promise to always serve you better

Best Regards,
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by kennynelcon(m): 6:38am On Jan 03, 2015
Thank God For your case. Please Do every company send regret mail?
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 03, 2015
[/color][/b] tongue
romzyxy:
One thing about me is that, I am not too fluent in oral communication but I can think very fast to say something whenever a weird and a [b]trickish
question is asked

[color=grey] nothing like trickish bt tricky. Anyway I got ur point. I vnt being at any interview b4. Xo no experience bt I learnt frm urx. 10kx.

Heloo romzexy or watever ur name is
U were correctin someone else's English and u couldn't even correct urs itz a pity.lol
U said u avn't being @any interview b4..lollz
Chek ur mistake and correct it b4 u correct others..olodo somebdy.. tongue

1 Like

Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by chyna4luv: 8:33am On Jan 03, 2015
scarplanet:
It wasn't by your own making; you found grace in the eyes of your creator.
Most interviewee could very easily fail an interview for omitting the NYSC experience

Dear Scarplanet,

I thank you for your response. I thought likewise too that, it was by God's grace and favour that I got the job and not by my power. I can recall that, the panelist laughed when I gave an answer to this question i.e. "what values will you add to our bank if we hire you?" I thank God anyway.

Best Regard,
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by chyna4luv: 8:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Dear Friends,

I thank you all for taking out time to read my write-ups. Also I am urging us not to criticize but to share our experience(s) if we have had similar one.

Best Regards,
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by romzyxy(m): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2015
taymmytorpe:
[color=#000000][/color][b][/b] tongue

Heloo romzexy or watever ur name is
U were correctin someone else's English and u couldn't even correct urs itz a pity.lol
U said u avn't being @any interview b4..lollz
Chek ur mistake and correct it b4 u correct others..olodo somebdy.. tongue

U got me. undecided
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by kestolove95(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
chyna4luv:
I quickly suspended everything and rushed down to nearby cyber cafe and re-write my CV and added my NYSC experience. Guess what! When I reached the interview venue the next day, I met just four successful ones. After one week, we were three called for training, medical, documentation and offer letter.
Kindly share your own experience.

Best Regards,
pls may we knw aabt d nysc expirence?wia in d CV shud one put dat?and what and what shud we write concerning it
Re: One Can't Ascertain His Success After A Job Interview Until The Result Is Out. by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
i know dat feeling bro. went for an interview last year afta passing der test. d panel was made up of 2 women nd a guy. i was asked tough questions, got to a stage i answered a question d guy was like tell me some tin better pls. i was crying inside bt smilling outside as they were ripping me to shreds grin. jst left d place took a bike back to my current work place den sad nd angry . the nxt monday i saw a mail from them. i did nt want open afterall na regret mail. nxt day i opened it. omo i passed nd went for Ceo chat, d rest is history. wen a job is destined to be urs. u will gt it

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Niger Insurance Ltd ( More Than 15, 000 Positions) / Network Exploration And Production Calling For Interview / VACANCY For Trainee Consultants At Gems Consulting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.