Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here - Dating And Meet-up Zone (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here (31319 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Warri Elites! / I Need Someone Who Is Very Fluent In The Urhobo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 9:42am On May 13, 2016
Jennystyle:
am Jennifer from uvwie i live in Benin, am job hunting

you welcome Jennifer.

you job hunting.....thats a good start, dont worry you will find something soon
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by mitcheti(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2016
Hi guys, it's been a while, how you all doing?
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by truthfulness(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2016
KissQ:

ohk nice. hows ur day going?

Beautiful, yours?
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 12:06pm On May 13, 2016
Hello my darling brothers and sisters!!!! hope y'all are having a splendid day so far.

Am the OP of this thread and i created this thread because i would love for the number of people who associate with us to form a formidable force to recon with and and also to create a new identity for the Urhobo people hence the name Elites(so that people wont just see us and call us gbege and jaguda people) and then ultimately for us to learn our culture, values and language so it doesn't go into extinction.

I actually had been very busy and had less time for the group,but now i have some time on my hand and i would want to use it here.

I wouldn't want this place to just be somewhere where people just introduce themselves and run off, i would want it to be a place called home, a place where you know you have true brothers and sisters even though you didn't come from same parents, a place where you know you brother got your back, a place where we can encourage one and others ideas, businesses, and help in any way possible, a place where a combination of all of us would make positive impact on the society,economy and the world at large.

But you know its one thing for me to dream it, wish it and want it......without you and me and all of us it would only just remain in me and written here! It takes me and you to bring this to accomplishment therefore i appeal to you to come out and lets do this.

Urhobo Ovuovo!!!!!

Iniovome wa mo aware kugbe mu Urhobo aware na kobaro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 12:08pm On May 13, 2016
truthfulness:

Beautiful, yours?

Same Same.

So you said you are a telecom Engineer based in abj right?

Hows the fuel affecting you and what do you think is the way forward for this country grin
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by truthfulness(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2016
KissQ:

Same Same.

Hows the fuel affecting you and what do you think is the way forward for this country grin

Yep.......

The fuel is affecting everyone and its really not easy but i feel it is the right thing if our leaders will truly utilized our resources.

The way forward for this country is actually forward.

First of all we lack creditable statistical record in this country thereby we cannot take care and plan for her citizen.
Secondly, we need to address the issue raised in the national conference.
Finally, we need to change our orientation. Most of the elites uses the poor as their pawn to get to office and they have nothing to offer. How can someone hold a political office when he has no plans on how to use his office to create values?

Well i can go on and on but i will stop here.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 2:05pm On May 13, 2016
truthfulness:

Yep.......

The fuel is affecting everyone and its really not easy but i feel it is the right thing if our leaders will truly utilized our resources.

The way forward for this country is actually forward.

First of all we lack creditable statistical record in this country thereby we cannot take care and plan for her citizen.
Secondly, we need to address the issue raised in the national conference.
Finally, we need to change our orientation. Most of the elites uses the poor as their pawn to get to office and they have nothing to offer. How can someone hold a political office when he has no plans on how to use his office to create values?

Well i can go on and on but i will stop here.

hmmmmm nice outline.

but i think Nigerians are vulnerable that's why these politicians can tell them some kinda brouhaha and just get into office, i think we need to do more for ourselves more than just listening to these guys, we need to be more responsible for who and who we elect as leaders and also be willing to stand for the consequences of our vote as well.

i say that because i believe "of which i stand to be corrected though" that a good number of Nigerians voted the present ruling party and were happy when who they wanted got in, now with the present hike in fuel prices,dollar rate and the declining state of the economy these same people are no where to be found standing by their government......everybody is "badmouthing" them.

i think we need to take a deep breathe,think hard about what we want, think of how to achieve it, be convinced it is really what we want and be ready to stand by the consequences of our actions come rain come shine.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by truthfulness(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2016
KissQ:

hmmmmm nice outline.

but i think Nigerians are vulnerable that's why these politicians can tell them some kinda brouhaha and just get into office, i think we need to do more for ourselves more than just listening to these guys, we need to be more responsible for who and who we elect as leaders and also be willing to stand for the consequences of our vote as well.

i say that because i believe "of which i stand to be corrected though" that a good number of Nigerians voted the present ruling party and were happy when who they wanted got in, now with the present hike in fuel prices,dollar rate and the declining state of the economy these same people are no where to be found standing by their government......everybody is "badmouthing" them.

i think we need to take a deep breathe,think hard about what we want, think of how to achieve it, be convinced it is really what we want and be ready to stand by the consequences of our actions come rain come shine.

Spot on..
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Emasel(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2016
truthfulness:

Dont worry we are not same blood cause my dad is the most faithful man i have ever known.

My mum was his first gf and only woman............HAHAHAHA.

His frnds normally tease him alot with it.

Nice, hope you're like ur Dad smiley
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by truthfulness(m): 9:32pm On May 13, 2016
Emasel:

Nice, hope you're like ur Dad smiley

i dey try

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 13, 2016
We hold the key to our destinies.. and I don't mean just financial destiny because that is what the world is about right now.. in this contest I mean the extinction of our local dialect, this is our identifier without which we are completely lost. Truth be told by stats only 3 out of 10 educated usobo youths know how to speak and understand the language which is very poor in my own opinion.. unfortunately I am one of the 7 that do not know how to speak neither do I understand. How do we then educate our offspring's?? I am not even going to go into the issue of culture and values because that is dead already. Please this is very important let us find ways to address it.. I want to believe there are bright minds here that will come up with very good suggestions.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Evestar200(f): 10:36am On May 14, 2016
bigtboi:
Oyibomè mavor, Oma ghanre?
Omamur'ioke, oma'ghanre ko vwe nko
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Evestar200(f): 10:41am On May 14, 2016
KissQ:

Same Same.

Oniovo put that flag at d first page for introduction.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Evestar200(f): 10:44am On May 14, 2016
evsonlive:
We hold the key to our destinies.. and I don't mean just financial destiny because that is what the world is about right now.. in this contest I mean the extinction of our local dialect, this is our identifier without which we are completely lost. Truth be told by stats only 3 out of 10 educated usobo youths know how to speak and understand the language which is very poor in my own opinion.. unfortunately I am one of the 7 that do not know how to speak neither do I understand. How do we then educate our offspring's?? I am not even going to go into the issue of culture and values because that is dead already. Please this is very important let us find ways to address it.. I want to believe there are bright minds here that will come up with very good suggestions.
Point of correction.. it is called Urhobo nt usobo

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 10:44am On May 14, 2016
evsonlive:

i agree with you but then some people do not even deem it fit or see it as a challenge therefore they are just non-challant about it when they say they cant speak their language. its nt as if am i am so good with the language but i try to speak it at every given oppourtunity.....have u ever seen an ibo or yoruba or even calabar son who cant speak their language anyways its nt to wallow in the thought as a solution i have this urhobo dictionary which i use and i believe thats the 1st step in the right direction, i believe it should help all of us

am unable to upload the dictionary here so maybe i will have to drop it on dropbox so u all can download or i send it to ur mails.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 10:45am On May 14, 2016
Evestar200:
Oniovo put that flag at d first page for introduction.

ok.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 14, 2016
KissQ:

i agree with you but then some people do not even deem it fit or see it as a challenge therefore they are just non-challant about it when they say they cant speak their language. its nt as if am i am so good with the language but i try to speak it at every given oppourtunity.....have u ever seen an ibo or yoruba or even calabar son who cant speak their language anyways its nt to wallow in the thought as a solution i have this urhobo dictionary which i use and i believe thats the 1st step in the right direction, i believe it should help all of us

am unable to upload the dictionary here so maybe i will have to drop it on dropbox so u all can download or i send it to ur mails.
please do... evansonojeta@gmail.com
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Evestar200(f): 2:45pm On May 14, 2016
Miss Urhobo 2016, the form is still on, two weeks to d audition, interested candidate shld call this number 08133930057..07039555262, 08069280470

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Evestar200(f): 2:48pm On May 14, 2016
2015 winner

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by bigtboi(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2016
Evestar200:
Omamur'ioke, oma'ghanre ko vwe nko
oma'ghanre ó omote'me, é dé dó ri vwo?
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 5:18pm On May 14, 2016
evsonlive:

Aii I will send it to you soon
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Agimor(m): 10:25pm On May 14, 2016
Just passing by
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 9:18am On May 16, 2016
evsonlive:

sent it.

any other person that needs the Urhobo dictionary should drop their email add so i can send it to them.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 9:18am On May 16, 2016
Agimor:
Just passing by

dont just pass by.....make an impact
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:41am On May 16, 2016
KissQ:

sent it.

any other person that needs the Urhobo dictionary should drop their email add so i can send it to them.
seen. Thanks
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 9:42am On May 16, 2016
evsonlive:
seen. Thanks

you welcome
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Agimor(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2016
KissQ:

dont just pass by.....make an impact
In what way.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by KissQ(f): 10:10am On May 17, 2016
Agimor:
In what way.

In the best way you can.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Evestar200(f): 5:50pm On May 20, 2016
bigtboi:
oma'ghanre ó omote'me, é dé dó ri vwo?
oniovo
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Cully408(m): 10:42am On May 21, 2016
KissQ:

you welcome to the house Brown.

do make sure you visit always.
I will
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by Agimor(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2016
Happy Sunday everyone.
Re: Urhobo Elites, Lets Meet Here by bigtboi(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2016
Evestar200:
oniovo
nice one dear how ar u doin do u reside around delta?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Married Bt Bored And Lonely??, Lets Meet Here / I Am Giving Away Up To 100k On This Thread And Lots More / I Need A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.