Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. (30433 Views)

Oando Gas And Power - Massive Recruitment, 2017( Nigeria And Diaspora) / National Directorate Of Employment Recruitment 2017 Application Form / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by computermouse(m): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2015
Hayjaycity:

You have won an award of " Mad Man Of The Year 2015" go get your plaque in the Sambisa forest. Confused person

Do we really have to check for people that are mad- aja jati jati- awon eniyan so ro - aja se hello!
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kosby001(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2015
I take full responsibilities regarding any errors and typo related to this piece. Perfection is not of man but God the creator.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Joe82834(m): 8:04am On Jan 05, 2015
kosby001:
I take full responsibilities regarding any errors and typo related to this piece. Perfection is not of man but God the creator.
Respect

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chacoonder(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pecca:

DID IT START WITH THIS REGIME? THE TREND WAS ACTUALLY STARTED BY THE MILITARY MIS-RULE WHICH MALAM BUHARI WAS PART N PARCEL OF. THEY INTRODUCED THE QUOTA SYSTEM(FED XTER) TO REIN IN THEIR ACADEMIC SHORTCOMINGS; MADE SURE THEIR BROTHERS HOLD STRATEGIC POSITIONS IN GOVT WHETHER QUALIFIED OR NOT...AND DURING THIS PERIOD ranka dede REIGN SUPREME. AS FAR AS YOU ARE FROM THERE, SPEAKS THE LINGUA FRANCA, BELONG TO THE RELIGION YOU ARE QUALIFIED!!!
THIS IS THE MORE REASON PPL LIKE ME AND 150MILLION OTHER NIGERIANS ARE WARY OF MALAM...HE'D TAKE US BACK TO EGYPT.
Quota system was actually set up by a democratic(federal) govt.It can be traced back to the era of Dr.Nnamdi Azikwe/Tafawa Balewa.It was introduced for the recruitment of military personnel. And successive governments (not ONLY buhari govt) have used this system for the recruitment of personnel into the public service as well as the establishment of institutions and admissions of students into schools.
I believe we all have our own shortcomings and i also believe buhari must have learned from his mistakes while in uniform. Bro, this is a wind of change blowing through, let us not thwart it with our personal sentiments.Take a good look at him(buhari) and make your own research of him, you'll realise he's indeed a good man.tnx

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chacoonder(m): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritux:

Its not about this regime. It is done in western countries as well. Forget about the fact that it's a government job.

Just last month, a friend of mine was employed in my office and he receives 300k per month. My director was so in need of someone with engineering background for one of our projects and he asked me if I could refer someone. After much thinking about who could possibly fit because I won't want to refer someone who is not capable, I ask 3 of my colleagues who did msc with me in the UK to forward their CV. One of them got the job.

Now tell me how this is the fault of the present government?
yours was an isolated case.Or do you want to tell me that if your boss had thrown the recruitment process open,he wouldn't have gotten a capable hand to do the job?
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by jpphilips(m): 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
kosby001:
According to the statutory of federal civil service,all Nigerians who are qualified and have valid certificate are entitled to a civil job upon showing their interest to such offer. I don't know maybe this aspect of the civil service act was drafted outside the shores of Nigeria by none Nigerians but the truth is that column actually exist in the act.

Tertiary institutions graduate thousands of youth every year, meaning in every calender year, Nigeria always have qualified citizen clamouring for employment. Youth after the compulsory service year take to the street, job site, blogs and other site to seek for employment. Most of this site actually publish real and ghost vacancy, which 2/3 of the applicant are never called for any interview or even get any feedback from the said vacant positions.

I have always been asking about what happened to vacant seat in the government ministries, Agencies and Departments(MDAs) in the country. what happened to the portfolio of people who died during course of service, people who are retired( even though we know that our commissions are loaded with old daddy's who aint willing to let go from the national cake).People die everyday, vacancy come up every week but this seat have always been left unoccupied. Its always annoying when we don't find answers to all this questions.

Recently, why surfing the web to search for relevant vacancies, a friend smiled and threw his appointment letter on my leg to celebrate with him that he has finally been given a job. I was very happy for him cause this day have been long overdue in his life but what shocked me most was the fact that the appointment was given secretly. No vacancy was released neither was their any news stating qualified youth to submit their credentials.

Out of curiosity, I asked him on how he managed to get the info and he replied whimsically " na leg oo, they just called me and asked me if I was interested in FRSC work. Grabbed it sharply and I did all my documentation's immediately". Hearing that, I developed a cold feet, my mind travelled far in fear that our society is perilously heading towards administrative misgovern. This jobs are never listed even in the site of civil service commission and still yet jobs are been dashed and sold out every month.

I take solace from those who took their time, sweat and resources to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense corps (NSCDC)jobs. Money were collected for the exercise ,youth were wounded and nothing have been said regarding the job since then. Even thou we know its the right of the government to provide us a gainful job, it has always been the other way around even at the availability of this jobs. I pray this 2015 will be a turning point in the lives of Nigerians and also bring forth glide tidings. Enough of this deceit and maladministration.

Bros. It is called corruption, You know the anti corruption crusader for the 2015 general elections right? do the needful!!
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chacoonder(m): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
illicit:

i support buhari, but do u mean dis problem started with jonathan? Smh4u!
I didn't say it started with him, and what do u expect me to say after waiting patiently for 6 good years and still no sign of change is visible
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chacoonder(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
chuka5000:

Did this regime start it?
No.But this regime is a staunch supporter of it.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Appswheel(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
dollyptosh:
Isn't this BabT?
Yeah. can i meet you? Your realname
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Seamareggae(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritux:

Its not about this regime. It is done in western countries as well. Forget about the fact that it's a government job.

Just last month, a friend of mine was employed in my office and he receives 300k per month. My director was so in need of someone with engineering background for one of our projects and he asked me if I could refer someone. After much thinking about who could possibly fit because I won't want to refer someone who is not capable, I ask 3 of my colleagues who did msc with me in the UK to forward their CV. One of them got the job.

Now tell me how this is the fault of the present government?
Good day ma... Please, if incase any vacancy comes up again... Please I would be grateful to be informed.. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by dollyptosh(m): 12:59am On Jan 06, 2015
Appswheel:

Yeah. can i meet you? Your realname
Khalil from unilorin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by limamintruth: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Joavid:
I know a friend who got the FRSC job through his father's "connections". The vacancy wasn't advertised, in fact it was like a secret thing.
It's the same thing with a cousin of mine who got an FIRS job.

That's what happens in government institutions.

So sad

Life is generally unfair @op. But when your time comes, God will make a way out of no-way for U. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Cholls(m): 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
A friend of mine who works with PENCOM shared the below with me. Read... It is an eye opener.

In 2012 I think, PENCOM asked for qualified people (Graduates and Experienced folks) to submit their handwritten application at their Abuja office and a lot of people sent in their application.

I was told it became a problem for them at work because these applications were occupying space that they had to create a room for it.
He claimed that after several weeks of submission without a single processing, the director just walked in one morning and asked them to burn everything.

I asked him how people were then selected if they burnt everything. "Was there an online application?" I chirped. He scorned and was surprised at the ignorant question I had asked him. I was disappointed in myself as a Nigerian because I already knew what he meant was that the positions had been occupied even before the vacancies were rolled out.

He further educated me that there are countless directors all over the country who had personal assistants and secretaries of parastatals who had concubines who had a graduate in their family or a wife or a cousin who needed job DESPERATELY. He told me that in all these departments we have HODs, Auditors, Supervisors and Senior civil servants who had a neighbor and a friend who has someone who needed a job. Remember this is in-house cabals.

Looking at it from the macro level, we have governors, LG chairmen, Reps (Federal and State), business men, god-fathers, family members, Senators, High caliber people who would nominate someone who knows someone who knows someone who needed a job.

Dont also forget that it is also customary to give slots to some of these people and what this implies is that at the end of the day, the available positions are consequently not even enough amongst themselves. THAT IS THE SITUATION.

Only a negligible few get these jobs through merit and grace.

The problems are:
Corruption
Nepotism
Favoritism
Greed and Lack of empathy by our so called recycled leaders.

That is why it is paramount that in the coming weeks we make the best decision for our future and children future through our votes.

GEJ is a good man but he is a weak man. However, Buhari is a reasonable but dangerous alternative. The choice is yours to make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 / Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (8 Positions) / 5 Interesting Jobs That Can Generate Good Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.