Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming (11278 Views)

Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice / Construction Of Rice Polishing Factory In Kebbi State Kicks Off (Photos) / Say No To Bill Gates Cassava And Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by anonimi: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
More INFORMED people are keying into the TRANSFORMATION agenda that has turned subsistence farming to agro-business.

#FourMoreYears
#4MY

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by pheyikemi: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lovely, good news for brothers who love jollof rice cheesy

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Collynzo9:

Even birds are hungry in the South west.
That is APC's change for you.

Your stupidity reaches a level previously unheard of!!
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Precious91(m): 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
Farming...the next money spinning business.Oil is gradually going.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by username792: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
agriculture and organised religion, 2 institutions thaat have been destroying humanity and damaging the planet for 10000 years :-/

eff agriculture and yeah to permaculture and foraging.

That said self-sufficience (sp) when it comes to food is key to the independence of a people :-)
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by username792: 9:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
Precious91:
Farming...the next money spinning business.Oil is gradually going.

ugh greed :-(
saddens me deeply
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by saywayo: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Call me for percel of land
stolenstone:
i want to do something like this. Go into massive agricultural project like th is! I can hire machineries that will make the job mechanized! But my unanswered question is: how do I get large acres of land on lease?? Please who has the answer to my question?
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Aizebioje(m): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
grayht:
[s]He is proud of what his is doing, because farming creates jobs and encourages Nigerians to get back into agriculture[/s]

... and that is why "pastor-ship" Rice Plantation is a lucrative business
Errrrr so because he's a pastor, he shouldn't have a business. So you people can say he's using offerings and tithes to feed his family huh?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Precious91(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
username792:

ugh greed :-(
saddens me deeply
ts not about greed.Tell me you want to do any business in your life without profit.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Jhayeahsam01(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
that's Biblical free advert of rice.... hope u quote Bible sha... make him join beans to make it

kicc spiritual rice and beans
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by opo26: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
let pastor's show us example and will follow their step

ise Agbe in ise ile wa
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by username792: 4:42am On Jan 06, 2015
Precious91:

ts not about greed.Tell me you want to do any business in your life without profit.

i would like to get into why what u said is problematic but im bbeing sooooo lazy right now, shame on me!! :-(

anyways, activities that pertains to feeding the world should NEVER be 'money spinning' activities. NEVER, that would be endangering the lives since putting profits first always come at the cost of the collective welfare.

just google landgrabbing, food prices speculation and famine or agrobusiness lobbying and obesity n see for yourself.

there is a difference between being economically sustainable and beeing greedy.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by sonety2k(m): 5:08am On Jan 06, 2015
cool
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by IBROHIM: 6:42am On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by easystudy101: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2015
Coolguy89:
Is he a farmer or wat,leave dat for thailand

You need to STFU
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Coolguy89(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2015
easystudy101:

You need to STFU
he need to shup up too
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by 100Cents: 11:39am On Jan 06, 2015
stolenstone:
i want to do something like this. Go into massive agricultural project like this! I can hire machineries that will make the job mechanized ! But my unanswered question is: how do I get large acres of land on lease?? . Please who has the answer to my question?

The bolded is my problem too. Most state governments pay lip service to farm support.

I have mastered banana and snail farming on a small portion of land. Must I buy land to farm ?
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by 100Cents: 11:40am On Jan 06, 2015
bamiwale:

Large expanses of land of this kind are not usually available for lease. And it is usually more cost effective to possess the land when going into serious agric business. If you lease land for such an enterprise, you will not really want to erect structures that may help your business on the land, knowing that the land isn't fully yours.
If you presently need to buy land though, you may follow any of my threads on Nairaland, especially this: https://www.nairaland.com/2036988/70-acres-farmland-ibadan

Not every farmer resides in Ibadan. What of those in the south east ?
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by dorox(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2015
The farm was made with money people donated for the propagation of the gospel that he appropriated to himself. This kind of greed and dishonesty should be condemned irrespective of the person doing it, be it an imam or a pastor. It is pure theft from the willing and gullible faithfuls.
at the very least, I hope he still has enough decency to pay his fair share of tax from income earned through the farm instead of laudering through the church as some do.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by 100Cents: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2015
username792:

i would like to get into why what u said is problematic but im bbeing sooooo lazy right now, shame on me!! :-(

anyways, activities that pertains to feeding the world should NEVER be 'money spinning' activities. NEVER, that would be endangering the lives since putting profits first always come at the cost of the collective welfare.

just google landgrabbing, food prices speculation and famine or agrobusiness lobbying and obesity n see for yourself.

So he is greedy for being a pastor and owning a farm ?

Hating must be a career for some people. If you see someone having something you desire to have, rejoice with him and ask God to open doors for you.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by username792: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
100Cents:

So he is greedy for being a pastor and owning a farm ?

Hating must be a career for some people. If you see someone having something you desire to have, rejoice with him and ask God to open doors for you.

You should get on your knees and ask God two things:

First of all, manners. I was busy talking to a specific person about a specific comment the specific person made before you deemed it fit, in the name of I dont know what, to but (sp) in our exchange to make your clueless and vapid 'point'.

Secondly, critical thinking. Because had you had any, you would not have felt threatened by someone else expressing a critical opinion on something as important as feeding people to the point of resorting to the lamest and most pathetic ad hominem ever i.e. 'hater' ... in 2015 !!!!

Finally, anyone who makes of agriculture a 'money making/spinning activity' before a 'people feeding' one is greedy and endangering lives, I wont repeat myself further. I dont know the specific motives of this pastor to comment on them but the current trend of big investors turning to agriculture for productivist, speculative ends has been disastrous.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by username792: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
dorox:
The farm was made with money people donated for the propagation of the gospel that he appropriated to himself. This kind of greed and dishonesty should be condemned irrespective of the person doing it, be it an imam or a pastor. It is pure theft from the willing and gullible faithfuls.
at the very least, I hope he still has enough decency to pay his fair share of tax from income earned through the farm instead of laudering through the church as some do.

Goodness, this is worst than what I thought! 0_o
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by bamiwale: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
100Cents:

Not every farmer resides in Ibadan. What of those in the south east ?

I mentioned Ibadan because that is where I have access to land at. I'm not that familiar with the South East. I hope some other Nairalanders can help you with that.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Precious91(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
username792:

anyways, activities that pertains to feeding the world should NEVER be 'money spinning' activities. NEVER, that would be endangering the lives since putting profits first always come at the
cost of the collective welfare.

you are right.but the things is,let's be real too,you will the world and yourself
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by stagger: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
dorox:

Tomorrow when he buys a private jet, people will say he has stolen church money to do it. Now he goes into rice farming on 140 acres (which is 56 hectares of land) and people are saying he has appropriated church money to do it. Haba!

I can lease 56 hectares of land from the river basin authorities at the one-third of the cost of what it will take to fuel a Boeing 737 aircraft from Lagos to Abuja for an hour's flight. I am just saying that planting rice on 56 hectares of land is within reach of any young person doing well in Nigeria.

Pastor Ashimolowo does not need to steal anyone's money for it. Leave the man alone.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by jasper7(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
stagger:

Tomorrow when he buys a private jet, people will say he has stolen church money to do it. Now he goes into rice farming on 140 acres (which is 56 hectares of land) and people are saying he has appropriated church money to do it. Haba!

I can lease 56 hectares of land from the river basin authorities at the one-third of the cost of what it will take to fuel a Boeing 737 aircraft from Lagos to Abuja for an hour's flight. I am just saying that planting rice on 56 hectares of land is within rich of any young person doing well in Nigeria.

Pastor Ashimolowo does not need to steal anyone's money for it. Leave the man alone.
Well said sir. I taya for Nigerians. we always have a way of finding faults. even when the person is doing the right thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bewrey Waste Available For Sale In Ibadan / FG To Create 1m Jobs Through Eggs Production — Minister / Crop Calendar??? Lets Start A Comprehensive One Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.