Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation (1329 Views)

Amaechi’s “dynamics Of Change” Book Launch (PHOTOS) / Dynamics Of Budgeting / The Changing Dynamics Of The Telecommunications Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2015
I dedicate this article to ALL NEWBIES on Naira Land, my followers and the eyes reading this smiley

The purpose of this thread is lucid and that's to re-emphasize the NEED for creating threads everyone can read and learn a thing or two ( NB: It doesn't have to make FP)

I am privileged to have read a lot of threads since I joined NL, 2012.
Some are Funny and less educative, as such make FP.
Some are educative and imparting and rarely make FP.

This drive for Front Page isn't bad in itself but if that is your aim, you would soon quit posting threads! Your Aim should be to share relevant/ timely information.
The Information has to be "well packaged" for it's content to be desired or read.

Let's delve into the topic above: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation. (How Do I Create A Thought Provoking Thread?)

1. Have An Aim

An Aim is a Purpose. If it's concerning relationship, which area? Love, Sex or Dating? If it's on Love, What do you want to Share, Ask or Remind us of? Be focused!

2. Give The Aim A Caption or Topic

By now, you've an aim. Go ahead to give it a Caption, Title or a Topic.
If you're a teenager who sincerely has issues with your boy friend because you refuse him sexx till marriage, Topics like "I Am 16 And He Wants Me In Bed With Him"...Next point...

3.Make The Caption or Topic Catchy

That alone is a catchy topic because you didn't state why and every one will want to know why. Some ladies before opening the thread are already saying, "He is a jerk!" lol...NL ladies sha...

4. Specialization Not Generalization

You open a thread titled " 8 Female Behaviours That Annoy Men" and some folks will be quoting you saying "Men also do the same"
Who doesn't know that? Every speaker understand the concept of Specialization and Not Generalization. I am at that moment SPECIFICALLY referring to ladies CONSCIOUSLY turning a blind eye to men. I'm specializing, not generalizing. In your thread, specialize!

5. Use Bold Fonts For Emphasis Where Necessary

Bold are for emphasis. They explain important points over trivial ones. It rids your thread of germs, lol!

6. Avoid short hand by all means

Our MODS are trying. If I were a MOD, any thread filled with short hands like "ur", "dis" "u" "comn"etc will not make Front Page. I'm not saying you can't use pidgin or mother-tongue- that's ours but English that's not ours, Use it well.
Short hands like LOL, FP, LMAO, BRB are okay.

7. Space Up Your Texts

Same as the above. You cram your texts together like ants and you expect one to enjoy the reading. That may even be why you're not getting mentions less making Front Page.

8. Reduce Your Use Of BIG Words (Vocabs)- Keep it simple.

Sometimes we get carried away that we employ big words that many have to consult their dictionaries over...that's OK. But not all the time. Communication is said to be effective when the next person understands and reply you.

Lest i forget, PROOF READ your write up to eradicate wrong use of tenses, if any.

9. Be Polite

Some open threads to address a person or a group. All I recommend is, be polite in your request. NairaLand is owned by Seun Osewa. He appointed the Supermods and MODS to oversee. Respect all. Fear none. smiley

10. Be creative.

Creativity is a necessity if you intend to create threads that will positively add to other people's lives. I believe that is your aim because that's mine!

NOTE: Snub those who wants to form lord of lords in the thread you typed your hands out to create. Don't reply them. They condemn your thread and you feel bad? No naaa! You're better off than them. ( Don't misquote me: If you must correct him/ her, must you add insults?) At least, you did something nice and others are gaining from.
If you see very well, you're actually writing books on Naira land that others will read and improve themselves.
If you see it this way, no one will be able to discourage you from creating more relevant threads.

Thank you! smiley.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2015
well said!

1 zillion Likes
*sealed and signed*

___ specialization not generalisation; guy, nairalanders have comprehension problems. A thread would read Why Some Guys Are Unlucky with Females. ....
You go still suffer put disclaimer, yet they would jump into the thread and say OP, how many guys have you sampled?

And we wonder why grandfathers are still ruling the country... #Oriegwu

Mrs Onyekachi. O grin

2 Likes

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
well said!

1 zillion Likes
*sealed and signed*

___ specialization not generalisation; guy, nairalanders have comprehension problems. A thread would read Why Some Guys Are Unlucky with Females. ....
You go still suffer put disclaimer, yet they would jump into the thread and say OP, how many guys have you sampled?

Mrs Onyekachi. O grin

grin...Thanks dear. Comprehension problem is the word. I doubt they even take time to read through like someone like you do. hmm
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Kenzico(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
emusmith:
I dedicate this article to ALL NEWBIES on Naira Land, my followers and the eyes reading this smiley

The purpose of this thread is lucid and that's to re-emphasize the NEED for creating threads everyone can read and learn a thing or two ( NB: It doesn't have to make FP)

I am privileged to have read a lot of threads since I joined NL, 2012.
Some are Funny and less educative, as such make FP.
Some are educative and imparting and rarely make FP.

This drive for Front Page isn't bad in itself but if that is your aim, you would soon quit posting threads! Your Aim should be to share relevant/ timely information.
The Information has to be "well packaged" for it's content to be desired or read.

Let's delve into the topic above: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation. (How Do I Create A Thought Provoking Thread?)

1. Have An Aim

An Aim is a Purpose. If it's concerning relationship, which area? Love, Sex or Dating? If it's on Love, What do you want to Share, Ask or Remind us of? Be focused!

2. Give The Aim A Caption or Topic

By now, you've an aim. Go ahead to give it a Caption, Title or a Topic.
If you're a teenager who sincerely has issues with your boy friend because you refuse him sexx till marriage, Topics like "I Am 16 And He Wants Me In Bed With Him"...Next point...

3.Make The Caption or Topic Catchy

That alone is a catchy topic because you didn't state why and every one will want to know why. Some ladies before opening the thread are already saying, "He is a jerk!" lol...NL ladies sha...

4. Specialization Not Generalization

You open a thread titled " 8 Female Behaviours That Annoy Men" and some folks will be quoting you saying "Men also do the same"
Who doesn't know that? Every speaker understand the concept of Specialization and Not Generalization. I am at that moment SPECIFICALLY referring to ladies CONSCIOUSLY turning a blind eye to men. I'm specializing, not generalizing. In your thread, specialize!

5. Use Bold Fonts For Emphasis Where Necessary

Bold are for emphasis. They explain important points over trivial ones. It rids your thread of germs, lol!

6. Avoid short hand by all means

Our MODS are trying. If I were a MOD, any thread filled with short hands like "ur", "dis" "u" "comn"etc will not make Front Page. I'm not saying you can't use pidgin or mother-tongue- that's ours but English that's not ours, Use it well.
Short hands like LOL, FP, LMAO, BRB are okay.

7. Space Up Your Texts

Same as the above. You cram your texts together like ants and you expect one to enjoy the reading. That may even be why you're not getting mentions less making Front Page.

8. Reduce Your Use Of BIG Words (Vocabs)- Keep it simple.

Sometimes we get carried away that we employ big words that many have to consult their dictionaries over...that's OK. But not all the time. Communication is said to be effective when the next person understands and reply you.

Lest i forget, PROOF READ your write up to eradicate wrong use of tenses, if any.

9. Be Polite

Some open threads to address a person or a group. All I recommend is, be polite in your request. NairaLand is owned by Seun Osewa. He appointed the Supermods and MODS to oversee. Respect all. Fear none. smiley

10. Be creative.

Creativity is a necessity if you intend to create threads that will positively add to other people's lives. I believe that is your aim because that's mine!

NOTE: Snub those who wants to form lord of lords in the thread you typed your hands out to create. Don't reply them. They condemn your thread and you feel bad? No naaa! You're better off than them. ( Don't misquote me: If you must correct him/ her, must you add insults?) At least, you did something nice and others are gaining from.
If you see very well, you're actually writing books on Naira land that others will read and improve themselves.
If you see it this way, no one will be able to discourage you from creating more relevant threads.

Thank you! smiley.
Bro 4get all dis tinx u wrote here....The numba one most essential tin b4 opening a thread is POPULARITY. Somtyms Ђδω well recognised a nairalander is , can possibly make his / her thread making a front page. Recognition is anoda important dynamic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Kenzico(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
9ce write up though bt our moderators can xplain this one beta
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kenzico:

Bro 4get all dis tinx u wrote here....The numba one most essential tin b4 opening a thread is POPULARITY. Somtyms Ђδω well recognised a nairalander is , can possibly make his / her thread making a front page. Recognition is anoda important dynamic

Yes I agree with you...but it's not just about the popularity...but the crowd you pull (followers/followed). When you don't have any follower/followed...how do you expect the thread to circulate @ "grass root" level?

So, that's where "popularity" comes in.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
You are always onpoint sweety....nice write up smiley
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kenzico:

Every one that is recognized today worked (in this case "Posted", lol ) his/ her way up there... There is no excuse.
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ghostlady:
You are always onpoint sweety....nice write up smiley

Good to have "followers" like you... wink
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=emusmith post=29478858]
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by tosyne2much(m): 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kenzico:

Bro 4get all dis tinx u wrote here....The numba one most essential tin b4 Opening a thread is POPULARITY. Somtyms Ђδω well recognised a nairalander is , can possibly make his / her thread making a front page. Recognition is anoda important dynamic
I see sense at d bolded
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by tosyne2much(m): 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Woooooooow !!!!! This is superb

Why am I just getting to see this ?
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 05, 2015
tosyne2much:
Woooooooow !!!!! This is superb

Why am I just getting to see this ?

That guy is right... Sometimes, popularity matters...

But, he'll have to be patient and consistent na, to be "popular" so to speak...let him keep posting good threads like you then it wouldn't take so much time, I guess undecided

1 Like

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by tosyne2much(m): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2015
emusmith:

That guy is right... Sometimes, popularity matters...

But, he'll have to be patient and consistent na, to be "popular" so to speak...let him keep posting good threads like you then it wouldn't take so much time, I guess undecided
yeah you are right

He should understand that he should not only create unnecessary threads but insightful ones

1 Like

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2015
Emusmith
Tsoyn2much
Forget all that talk if you're popular your threads go they make fp regularly

Let's take tosyn for an instance he's threads make fp regularly not necessarily because of the content but because of the rep he has on nl

You 2 emusmith your threads make fp because of the content and because of that you're gaining popularitY and your threads are anticipated
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
well said!

1 zillion Likes
*sealed and signed*

Mrs Onyekachi. O grin
you know tell me say you don turn comedian nah
I for they come watch your shows
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2015
samflexxy:
Emusmith
Tsoyn2much
Forget all that talk if you're popular your threads go they make fp regularly

Let's take tosyn for an instance he's threads make fp regularly not necessarily because of the content but because of the rep he has on nl

You 2 emusmith your threads make fp because of the content and because of that you're gaining popularitY and your threads are anticipated

Are you saying that, if you're "popular" you'll consistently make FP?

1 Like

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2015
Folks have to really make thread easy to read....that's why I think all should learn a thing or two from this thread... I can't read some on FP right now...
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2015
emusmith:

Are you saying that, if you're "popular" you'll consistently make FP?
yes if you're popular and your threads are always reasonable why won't it make fp
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2015
samflexxy:
you know tell me say you don turn comedian nah
I for they come watch your shows

dey dia na...I done dey discover my talent small-small grin

yes if you're popular and your threads are always reasonable why won't it make fp

You have said it all.
But some people with bungalow brains- nothing upstairs make it look the other way.
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by tosyne2much(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

But some people with bungalow brains- nothing upstairs make it look the other way.
Kachisbarbie, would you say I hit FP because of my popularity ?
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
tosyne2much:
Kac.his.barbie, would you say I hit FP because of my popularity ?

lols. No, I didn't say that...I said/meant...your popularity and creativity makes you hit FP steady.
If someone else opens those your thread, people may not comment, they may not even notice the birth of the thread because the person ain't popular.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by priscaoge(f): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
well said!

1 zillion Likes
*sealed and signed*

Mrs Onyekachi. O grin

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy Not again this year biko cheesy cheesy cheesy (Can't stop lafin) cheesy cheesy cheesy

Those that jump into threads to ask such questions don't really have any reasonable or should I sensible contributions to make cheesy cheesy otherwise known as "Trouble Makers"

Op u are so on point!!!

Barbie Happy New Year!
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by naijaboiy: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
Spot on!

Before I didn't like creating threads cos I hated it when no one comments on it or if it does not have a desirable number of pages without being derailed.

Well threads are not really my thing,,those of you who regularly create educative and insightful threads...well done smiley
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by tosyne2much(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols. No, I didn't say that...I said/meant...your popularity and creativity makes you hit FP steady.
If someone else opens those your thread, people may not comment, they may not even notice the birth of the thread because the person ain't popular.
Yeah it's true sha
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
naijaboiy:
Spot on!

Before I didn't like creating threads cos I hated it when no one comments on it or if it does not have a desirable number of pages without being derailed.

Well threads are not really my thing,,those of you who regularly create educative and insightful threads...well done smiley

Thanks, man. You're da bomb! GBOLAKA! lool gringrin
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by naijaboiy: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
emusmith:

Thanks, man. You're da bomb! GBOLAKA! lool gringrin
Hahaha baba wetin that one mean? cheesy
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hahaha baba wetin that one mean? cheesy

Trying to say...You're a voice! smiley
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by naijaboiy: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
emusmith:

Trying to say...You're a voice! smiley
Thanks Oga smiley
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
naijaboiy:

Thanks Oga smiley
Your boy is Loyal! grin
Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
priscaoge:

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy Not again this year biko cheesy cheesy cheesy (Can't stop lafin) cheesy cheesy cheesy

Those that jump into threads to ask such questions don't really have any reasonable or should I sensible contributions to make cheesy cheesy otherwise known as "Trouble Makers"

Op u are so on point!!!

Barbie Happy New Year!

lols.
My new year resolution is to ignore people that have comprehension problems.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Dynamics Of Thread Creation by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
priscaoge:

Op u are so on point!!!

Barbie Happy New Year!

Thanks dearie smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Beauty Died 2 Days After Saying Happy New Year! / ATTENTION!!! It's Nairaland's 10th Anniversary. Enter Here! / Meet The Youngest CEO Of A Company And Also A Hacker @ Age 9yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.