Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,488 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Automatic Or Manual Transmission? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Or Manual Transmission? (817 Views)

5 Amazing Advantages Of Manual Transmission Vehicles You Never Knew / Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by milestonejnr(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
which of the two do you prefer and why?
Re: Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by bigt2(m): 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
I like being in control of my engine. Stick all the way. Auto is good too but it'll get to a point that the gear changes lag. It can't be started by gear too.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by kelechi04: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
please dont be angry. This topic has been treated exhaustively. But you can still go on.
For me, it depends on your philosophy of driving.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by bigt2(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
I'm a petrol head. Got my neighbours complaining about it - a wonder I can't perform with auto.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by Export1: 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
Automatic vs Manual Transmission

source : http://www.bismarckmotorcompany.com/articles/automatic-vs-manual-transmission.htm

Automatic vs manual transmission does not have to be a difficult choice. Just ask yourself how comfortable you are with having to use a stick shift to go up and down through the gears. And then consider the price you are willing to pay for a vehicle. The automatic vs manual transmission has been going on years, but ultimately, you should be the judge and consider what is important to you in a vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by AutosBay(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Manual cars are highly fuel efficient, but difficult to drive, due to clutching and it's gear configurations, whereas automatic cars are very easy to drive, but consumes more fuel and you may have difficulty pushing an automatic car if it breaks down on the highway.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Or Manual Transmission? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
AutosBay:
Manual cars are highly fuel efficient, but difficult to drive, due to clutching and it's gear configurations, whereas automatic cars are very easy to drive, but consumes more fuel and you may have difficulty pushing an automatic car if it breaks down on the highway.

everyhing is hard if your are not taught

but if you invest time in being taught how to drive a manual you would drive one and you would find it that its easy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Air-free Tires That Cannot Run Flat From Hankook / For Your Sake Don't Ignore / When The ‘senseless’ Lead The ‘sensible Ones’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.