Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? (1439 Views)

What Has Nairaland Made You Become? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Verification Number (BVN) June Deadline Approaches / What Has Nairaland Turned To ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Exoticstan(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
Imagine a Nigeria without Nairaland; Unthinkable. Going through Nairaland's Wikipedia page, I realised that this national online community will be ten years old in March this year.

Though I joined in 2013, I had been following since 2009, and have learned freelancing.
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Lagusta(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
I have learned a lot of things as a nairalander....

I learned to behave and act maturely on an online platform, since you don't know who is who...

I learned a lot about my interests and favorites I.e cars and phones...

The latest news is always at my fingertips!!!

I always boarden my knowledge when I log in!!!

I made a lot of friends too!!!

In fact, nairaland makes a lot of sense!!!

Happy birthday to nairaland in advance, we even share the month together!!!
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Laygos(m): 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
I've learnt alot also from this online forum, although i can't really mention or list out what NL has thought me.
But
I think i have 1 problem with nl, a day without checking up what's new on nl is incomplete..this is sweet adiction cheesy
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by holatin(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
it teach me never argue with mod even if dey re wrong

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Harmvirus(f): 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
A day without a visit to Nairaland is never complete for me. I've learnt a lot as member of this forum.
Thumbs up Seun for this wonderful initiative. Hope we are going to celebrate grand style.. 10years no be beans
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Craigston: 12:00am On Jan 05, 2015
holatin:
It's taught me that useless ventures are actively propagated by the majority as is the norm here on Nairaland: the density of useless topics on front page is a proof.
PS: I'm not arguing with the mods.

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by yinxfun(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2015
Craigston:
It's taught me to reason deeply in everything I do: not every convention is correct, and following general opinions and stereotypes could be dangerous. For example, useless ventures are actively propagated by the majority as is the norm here on Nairaland: the density of useless topics on front page is a proof.
PS: I'm not arguing with the mods.
Smh....And this is how shallow deep you can dig??
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Deefuray(f): 12:27am On Jan 05, 2015
holatin:
Lol. The fear of getting banned...
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Zonacom(m): 12:41am On Jan 05, 2015
Nairaland has taught me that the concept of one Nigeria is a lie
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Craigston: 12:45am On Jan 05, 2015
If you can't understand what I mean, you have a problem with humor. Can't you just look away. Well, I now learn to ignore people like you.
yinxfun:
Smh....And this is how shallow deep you can dig??
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Emenandez4lyf(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2015
tongue Taught me how to be currently stable and fitcally fit. tongue
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Emenandez4lyf(m): 1:07am On Jan 05, 2015
And Wasting My Hard-earned MB almost everyday
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by blessedvisky(m): 3:02am On Jan 05, 2015
Well, Nairaland has taught me both good and bad smiley embarassed angry

GOOD THINGS
1) How to copy and paste.
2) How to engage in a civilised discussion online without resorting to insults or manipulation
3) I have been able to observe different kinds of persons here, adding to my wealth of experience
4) Informative and Educative threads have increased my overall knowledge.

BAD THINGS.
1) How to talk to girls well well online!!
2) Nairaland's censored words were pretty strange to me, until I googled them!!
3) How to be addicted to my phone , always browsing Nairaland even when sick and hungry!!!
4) How to fight people or insult people you don't know!! E-War!!

Overall, it has been a nice experience for me. cool
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by holatin(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2015
Deefuray:

Lol. The fear of getting banned...
nt scared of been ban anymore, Ve been try hell on nl in d hand of se.un and his machines
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by yinxfun(m): 8:14am On Jan 05, 2015
holatin:
nt scared of been ban anymore, Ve been try hell on nl in d hand of se.un and his machines
You're not scared really grin grin grin
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 05, 2015
holatin:

Seen
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by holatin(m): 9:17am On Jan 05, 2015
yinxfun:
You're not scared really grin grin grin
if you Ve gone try a lot if ban like me, then your thinking change
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by holatin(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2015
Brito, dat place you called me I no fit come oooo.
ban from there too
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
holatin:
Brito, dat place you called me I no fit come oooo.
ban from there too
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by motherlode: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
Motherlode:
Well, Nairaland has taught me both good and bad smiley embarassed angry

GOOD THINGS
1) How to type fast(that moment when you see loads of people viewing the topic and you want to comment first)
2) How to engage in a civilised discussion online without resorting to insults or manipulation
3) I have been able to observe different kinds of persons here, adding to my wealth of experience.
4) Informative and Educative threads have increased my overall knowledge .
5) How to go indepth when looking for interesting topics i.e.( too much of silly topics on front page )

BAD THINGS.
1) How to view girls profile if they make nice comments!!! wink
2) Nairaland's censored words were pretty strange to me, until I googled them!!!
3) How to be addicted to my phone , always browsing Nairaland even when sick, hungry and busy!!!
4) How to fight people or insult people you don't know? E-War!!!

Well well well, it has been a nice experience for me. cool
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? by Exoticstan(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lagusta:
I have learned a lot of things as a nairalander....

I learned to behave and act maturely on an online platform, since you don't know who is who...

I learned a lot about my interests and favorites I.e cars and phones...

The latest news is always at my fingertips!!!

I always boarden my knowledge when I log in!!!

I made a lot of friends too!!!

In fact, nairaland makes a lot of sense!!!

Happy birthday to nairaland in advance, we even share the month together!!!
You are one such gentleman I've met here Dr Lagusta

(1) (Reply)

FOCABUHEM Scholarship How True Is This..? / It Training For All, Web-design, Web-developement, Java Progamming, Pmp Training / 18 Animals And Their Human Counterparts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.