Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Does Online Shopping Make Nigeria Better? See Jumia's 2014 Infographic - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Online Shopping Make Nigeria Better? See Jumia's 2014 Infographic (725 Views)

6 Reasons Why Shopping Online Is Awesome And Why You Should Do It Now / Does Online Advertisement Work? A Personal Story / Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Online Shopping Make Nigeria Better? See Jumia's 2014 Infographic by Ybaby: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
So 2014 was my biggest shopaholic year, I shopped online so much that I ran up a debt(Thank God I settled it in December). From bags to shoes, to perfumes, to gifts, I bought lots of things online.

The beautiful thing about online shopping for me was my ability to make discrete purchases, get my items delivered to whatever location I wanted, and also paying on delivery.

Most of my shopping was done on Jumia, as I had tested their services and they kept on delivering, so I wasn't surprised when they sent me an email with their infographic showing how far ecommerce succeeded in 2014. So there were a few times when delivery was slow, but all in all, I believe ecommerce served me well in 2014.

So here are a few points I noticed from their infographic. You can also find the Infographic on my blog here: http:///1BpJz2T . share what you think with other Nairalanders;

i. They invested a lot of money into ecommerce in 2014: More than $100 million dollars. This kind of significant investment has helped to bring in more investment into startups in Nigeria.
ii. From a garage in 2012 they moved to a 90,000 square feet warehouse and deliver to all the 36 states in Nigeria.
iii. They support Nigerian businesses through the Jumia marketplace which allows these business reach Nigerians. They have brands like Genevieve, David Wej, etc
iv. They partnered with MTN: Everyone knows that MTN is the biggest telecommunication company in Nigeria if not Africa, so this means we should expect lots of amazing stuffs from the partnership.
v. They won several awards and did a lot of CSR, even launching a 1 Child, 1 Book project that reached thousands of Children.
vi. There were 1.5 million applicants to Jumia in 2014 and they employ over 5000 people.
Re: Does Online Shopping Make Nigeria Better? See Jumia's 2014 Infographic by officenmore: 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
This year will also surely dominated by e-commerce business. People not only get varieties but also decent discounts while buying online. Its great to know that Jumia, a Nigeria based portal is penetrating deep into to give a competition to the leading international brands. It will surely give a boost up to the Nigerian online business.

Buy Office Furniture in Abuja
Re: Does Online Shopping Make Nigeria Better? See Jumia's 2014 Infographic by JumiaOnline(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dear Ybaby,

We appreciate your shopping with and your special interest.

We want to use this medium to wish you a Happy and prosperous 2015.

We look forward to receiving more orders from you.

Happy shopping!

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Is Now On BBM - Join Their Bbmchannel Here / Nigeria To Mint Currency For Ghana, Cote D'ivoire / Female Barber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.