Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande (1248 Views)

Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports / French National Assembly Backs Resolution To Lift Anti-russia Sanctions / US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by bonechamberlain(m): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
French President Francois Hollande is wary of the impact economic crisis in Russia might have on Europe. He has called for sanctions imposed against Moscow to be lifted as soon as there’s progress in peace talks over Ukraine.

“If Russia has a crisis, it is not necessarily good for Europe,” Hollande said during a two-hour interview with radio station France Inter. “I'm not for the policy of attaining goals by making things worse, I think that sanctions must stop now.”

Hollande said he wanted to make sure there’s progress in peace talks over the situation in Ukraine, before putting an end to sanctions.

He said he hopes to see signs of mutual understanding at the January 15 talks in Astana, Kazakhstan. The meeting is being organized by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, and Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are expected to be among the participants.

Moscow has repeatedly said it was doing all in its power to facilitate the peace process in eastern Ukraine. A major breakthrough was achieved during September’s Minsk peace talks, brokered by Russia.

Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has sarcastically described western sanctions, also announced in September, as “a ‘reward’ for Russia’s role in the Minsk agreements and more generally for its part in organizing the meeting.”

Another round of peace talks in Minsk took place in December. The negotiations, which brought no breakthrough in the crisis, were overshadowed by Ukrainian parliament voting to revoke the country’s “nonaligned” status, paving its way for closer ties with NATO and eventual full membership.

Hollande said he understands that Kiev’s striving for NATO membership can hardly contribute to the peace process.

“Mr. Putin does not want to annex eastern Ukraine. I am sure. He told me so,” Hollande told France Inter. “What he wants is to remain influential. What Mr. Putin wants is that Ukraine does not become a member of NATO. The idea of Mr Putin is not to have an army at Russia’s borders.”

The Ukrainian crisis has strained relations between Russia and France, with Paris putting on hold the delivery of Mistral helicopter-carrying amphibious assault ships to Moscow.

Hollande decided to suspend the delivery of the first such ship "until further notice" in late November, despite the fact that the move might hit the French economy hard.

France is facing a multibillion-dollar fine if it fails to deliver the ships under the terms of the contract. The delay of the warships’ delivery has also reportedly entailed additional costs for Paris.

rt.com
Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Someone is reasoning like a sane man now. I just hope that Mr Obama agrees with him.
Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2015
EU lift your sanctions,

Let US be there!
Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Appleyard(m): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nobleval:
Someone is reasoning like a sane man now. I just hope that Mr Obama agrees with him.

abi,my brother.. But i dont think that satanist in the white house would play ball.. They have a hidden agenda as it relate to the ukrain, and so will do evrything possible to keep up with the act of trying to 'curtail' Russia. Then thier next step will be against China, cos, these are the only two nations standing against the satanist new world order and total control of mankind. The likes of Ukrain is just a puppet state in destablelizing Russia, by targeting the economy.. The US dont have any need for Ukrain other than use it and place thier so called missile shield there and also in poland. An act every reasonable person knew that is aimed at Moscow. How would d US react if Russia is to put missiles in Cuba, Mexico, etc? So much for western media cries of 'Russia being aggressive'..

Sanctions are working against Russia becos, their monentary system is tied to the west. And now that they are gadually pulling off by developing thier own rating system, in conjuction with China and members of d BRICS, and such other nations, by returning to gold standard, it wont be long before Europe start suffocating from the boomerang effect of sanctions, for wish the only winner is the US.

Hollande and merkel knows this, hence the sudden U-turn to woo Russia back on track.
Some of the European leaders are gradually getting the picture of what could possibly unfold, expecially now that the empire is not fully getting the results ( the failed isolation attempt) it expected from the glaring Ukranian 'false flag'operation,
the Anglo-Zionist Empire of chaos may just decide to go d extra mile by trying to lure Russia into an open conflict, by supplying Kiev with leather arms to kill the DONBASS PEOPLE OF THE EAST WHO REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE COUP IMPOSED BY THE US IN KIEV, for which Russia had vowed it will never allow to happen.

Though for now, the Kremlin is not taking d bait, the possibility of a shooting war between Russia and NATO, is getting higher daily. And like u mentioned, common sense should enable people to c where that would leave mankind, expecially Europe.

We are talking of the possibility of thousands of nuclear war heads flying zigzag in d air.. A war which nobody, animal or trees would win, except d bacteria which is immuned to radiation..

Hollande and co knows this.

But the question is, 'does the 1%ers give damn?...

The level of human stupidity at times, is appalling..
Now i understand why God said He regreted for making man..

Today, man's thinking facaulties has become Garbage.

Pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by NairaMinted: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
Appleyard:

abi,my brother.. But i dont think that satanist in the white house would play ball..

Pathetic..

You said it all. The American financial system is a pack of cards founded on deceit and manipulations. Money created out of thin air not backed by any standard whatsoever. A Ponzi scam initiated by the private owners of the Federal Reserve, hence the $17 trillion national debt and reason why its still business as usual even if this debt rises to an unfathomable $1,000, trillion!! So in other words, a totalitarian, all seeing government and war is needed in order to hide this gargantuan, unprecedented scam at the very highest levels of the US government and those that call shots from behind the scenes - the shadow government, Wall Street, the Military Industrial Complex, The Israeli Lobby scam, the 1%-ters, The Round Table, etc

I am following you. You seem to be another awoken citizen.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Underground: 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1486128/biggest-scam-history-mankind-hidden

The biggest scam in the history of mankind. Make sure you watch

1 Like

Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Appleyard(m): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=Nairaminted
I am following you. You seem to be another awoken citizen.
[/quote]

Oh, Nairaminted.. May u and ur likes live long to realize the fruits of walking in the light. But may ur enemies misbehave worse than Nepa..

Yes. I am one of the few awoken ones... For conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it..

And so we must strive to awaken others of our types, the 'lone soldiers' that are still trapped in the darkness of the empire's corridour of propaganda and overwhelming brainwashing machine...the Main Stream Media and Hollywood..

Did i hear u say '17 trillion'?
Last time i checked, the Empire's 'debt reserve' is clocking 18+ trillions, an amount that can cause the deaf to hear. Yet, they cant stop dictating to other nations on thier economies. The zenith of hypocricy.

Every right thinking persons that understand basic economics, knows that the Empire is sitting on a 'bubble', waiting to erupt and crash.

Infact, the only basic thing the 'United State of Torture' is exporting (aside weapons), is the 'dollar'.

The FED reserve, like u rightly mentioned, is practically printing trillions of dollars, with nothing to back it. Howveer, this scheme has been, and is still working for them, because, the dollar is the means of exchange in the global oil market..coupled with the fact that most nations denominated thier national reserves with the Dollar. Hence, the firm value it is currently experiencing.

But that is about to change.

Now that the cloak is being lifted from the microscopic view point of many nations, that are now begining to c d real personality of the Hegemon, many of them, of the such are, China, Russia,South Africa, India, Angola, Brazil, Nigeria, Syria, Iran,Peru, libya (which as a result gadafi was taken out), and many more nations now entry the de-Dollarization mode, by swaping thier own currencies with each other, no longer, or are about dumping the dollar, as means of foreign exchange, and by returning to Gold standard..the begining of the end of the Empire has commenced.

This explains The panick mood they are in now.
They knew it, and that is why they are fighting those nations one after the other, to submit or atleast, prolong the inevitable demise of the Most satabic empire ever to grace planet earth.

Yes, it will take time, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step..

The unmeasurable blood of the innocents demands it.

The wailing souls of the tortured, and the falsely accused, are standing before God and before nature for the unavoidable consequence of sin and terror- Judgement and Justice..

The process has began, and the clock is ticking, tick tack, tick tack..
The clock
Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Appleyard(m): 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Underground:
https://www.nairaland.com/1486128/biggest-scam-history-mankind-hidden

The biggest scam in the history of mankind. Make sure you watch

Realy.. Pls what is it all abt?..
Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by signz: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2015
This is an interesting topic. Can the mods push this topic to the front page?
Re: Russia Sanctions 'must Be Lifted Now' - Hollande by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hollande's U-Turn has something in it for France.The French recently denied Russia transfer of an aircraft carrier,this would be very significant to Russia's naval fleet.Who's playing who?

(1) (Reply)

Clinton Wins D.C. Democratic Primary As Trump Comes Third On Republican Side / BREAKING: Donald Trump Makes U-turn, Suspends Travel Ban On 7 Islamic Countries / Pics: Prime Minister Of The Netherlands Who Goes To Work On Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.