Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,249 members, 7,953,930 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:12 AM

Wordpress Guru, Help Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Guru, Help Me (1163 Views)

Wordpress Guru/showcase------Free premium templates on demand / Wordpress Guru Needed Here / *** Is There Any Wordpress Guru Who Can Customize This Quickly? *** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Guru, Help Me by PenSoftCorp(m): 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
guys pls how do i change my login url from "/wp-login.php" to something like "/login"
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
guys pls how do i change my login url from "/wp-login.php" to something like "/login"
What happens to wp-admin? Na u create wordpress?
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by PenSoftCorp(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
pureguide:

What happens to wp-admin? Na u create wordpress?
i mean i dont like the ".php" extension there, it can make hackers perform bruteforce on the site.
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

i mean i dont like the ".php" extension there, it can make hackers perform bruteforce on the site.

Okk
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by dwebdesign(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Use wp-rename, it's a premium plugin.

Mobile: 08133884165

Whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

I will set up demo to help you out.
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
dwebdesign:
Use wp-rename, it's a premium plugin.

Mobile: 08133884165

Whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

I will set up demo to help you out.

Thanks, i tried wp rename, but it req wordpress v4.1 but i am using wp4.0 and i dont want to update it
ALSO wp rename is not a premium plugin
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by maekhel(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

lol
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by donsheddy1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

Thanks, i tried wp rename, but it req wordpress v4.1 but i am using wp4.0 and i dont want to update it
Y u no wan update na? If start to tell u the process now, my phone go off.
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by PenSoftCorp(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
donsheddy1:

Y u no wan update na? If start to tell u the process now, my phone go off.

reason be say if i have to update, i have to backup first to be on a safe side and the backup file will be like 500mb, omo to download 500mb with my internet speed will take days
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by donsheddy1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

reason be say if i have to update, i have to backup first to be on a safe side and the backup file will be like 500mb, omo to download 500mb with my internet speed will take days
Now you've spoken like my Amateur brothers that sells meat in the market. I'm crucifying you not. Just update wordpress and leave the theme update alone. Na simple thing be this o.
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:13am On Jan 07, 2015
donsheddy1:
Now you've spoken like my Amateur brothers that sells meat in the market. I'm crucifying you not. Just update wordpress and leave the theme update alone. Na simple thing be this o.

i will do it, i am trusting you now on this. i just pray it wont remove my changes
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by bizfirst: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

Not Necesarily...I always update without immediately backing up and I always wind up fine (though I make certain that my weekly backups are standby).

As an aside, why don't you forget about hiding your login URL and instead use a strong security plugin that is updated as/when due. I stopped using the numerous plugins that hid my login URL when I discovered that:

1. They don't work well with my caching system.

2. Being basically free, most of them (if not all) are hardly updated on time leaving my site vulnerable - the very reason I sought them out!

My advice? Install The Free Version of Wordfence and set it in such a way that once the user name or password entered is wrong (twice), the intruder will be locked out - for say, a whole day. If you go premium, you'll have 2 factor authentication...believe me, your site will be more secured than a medieval fortress!

And the good thing? This plugin is actively maintained and frequently updated!

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by zubaic(m): 12:13am On Jan 08, 2015
An effective Brute Force prevention technique is to change the default WordPress login page URL.

Normally if you wanted to login to WordPress you would type your site's home URL followed by wp-login.php.
My simple solution will help you to change the login URL by setting your own slug and renaming the last portion of the login URL which contains the wp-login.php to any string that you like.

By following my recommendation, malicious bots and hackers will not be able to access your login page because they will not know the correct login page URL.
To solve your problem do the following;
1. Search and install "wp security" wordpress free plugin
2.By the left hand side of your site , you will see wp security , click on the Brute force option
3.Check Enable Rename Login Page Feature: in Login Page URL:add your a string which will represent your secure login page slug.
That is all, incase you wish to learn more about wordpress, contact me @ brainmedianigeria.com
Re: Wordpress Guru, Help Me by dwebdesign(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

The premium one works with all version of wordpress.

I have the plugin. contact if interested.

i have sites where the login url is www.example.com/loginurlname in stead of the normal /wp-login.php.

(1) (Reply)

Edit Text In A Picture / I Need Payment Gateway Integration On My Website / Join Bloggers Lounge On Telegram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.