Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone (751 Views)

Is DU Battery Saver Really Saving Battery Consumption Rate? / 7 Ways To Reduce Data Consumption On Android. / Reduce Your Data Consumption Up To 50% In Android {hot} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by Geenickel(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
*sobs,...wipes tears*....

please,experienced phone engineers on nairaland, please i am need of help...
i was going through a thread on 5 dsadadvntages of android,and i saw several complaints on d high rate at which android phones(mine is techno h6)consume data,i also saw comments,implying that there are apps for one to use in reducing the rate at which data is consumed.
please,i really need to know,and download those apps,and if there is any other method wt which i can reduce d rate of data consumption, i will gladly accept.

please do not just view and leave without rendering help...

*sobs*
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by jingh(f): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
no root firewall makes you select d application you want to use
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by uprightman(m): 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
first of all OFF AUTO SYNC. you have to use opera mini for your browsering. You have to OFF image on your opera mini. any time you want to see picture you click on the particular picture. try it. am using p3 but i don’t normally finish 5mb glo gives me for 5#naira.
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by Karleb(m): 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
1. Go to settings.

2. Go to data usage.

3. Press the menu button.

4. Untick auto synchronize data like the person above me stated.

5. Below the graph you'll see some apps that is drinking you data, press them and tick restrict background data.

6. There is absolutely nothing you can do about the Android os because it stucks data and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, oh I just said that. Morale of the story = leave it.

7. For the sake of papa God, do not install any data saving app i.e OperaMax and co. Trust me when I say they drink more data than any app on your phone. Droidwall/firewall is an exception though.

8. Follow 1,2 & 3 step, then press restrict background data. Ps: Restriction of background data doesn't allow one watch online video or acess to Google play, you have to untick it to access those and tick it back when you're through, unless you have enough data.

9. Put off your data when you're not using it.

10. Dazzal!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by Wittylens(m): 11:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
This links should be helpful to everyone

*Reduce data consumption by 90% :

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/restricting-background-data-reduces-data-consumption-by-over-90/

Best ways to curb data consumption :

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/how-to-reduce-data-consumption-on-android/

Using Mobiwol to restrict apps that access the internet (No Root)

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/mobiwol-apk-noroot-firewall-apk/

This site should be useful to all your android needs :

http://androidnigeria.com.ng
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by DoroMega: 12:03am On Jan 07, 2015
Its simple,turn off data when not in use and delete unused/unnecessary apps.
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by Hawlahscho(m): 2:04am On Jan 07, 2015
just download AF firewall and bar these system applications (Download manager, Google services and android system) then u can even on your background data, if u are not yet comfortable wt d way u data go again, just check data usage and see the application that's consuming d data most and bar it through AF firewall until you are satisfied. IT WORKED FOR ME BACK THEN
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by mindtricks: 2:31am On Jan 07, 2015
OP, the above posters have said it all! Just do as they say.

Goodluck!
Re: How Do I Curtail Data Consumption On My Phone by Kash007(m): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2015
Funny that we buy a smart phone and then we are expected to switch off or de activate everything that makes it a great phone in the first place (off data, reduce backlight, slow down CPU, off vibration, off tones etc. Might as well buy torchlight nokia.

(1) (Reply)

Music For Buhari – Musician Sings To Buhari Saying “no Certificate Den Pull Over / Xiaomi Mi5 Will Have A Curved Glass With No Bezels / » Join Mobile Phone Users BBM Channel Here For Tech Tutorials, Apps & More «

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.