Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW - Webmasters (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW (74059 Views)

Drop Your Website Or Blog Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Submit Your Website Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
pinkpebbles:
Wow I just chekd d blog.guess we are using the same theme.there is a privacy policy beneath.and a disclaimer in the about us page. Dont knw what the terms of use is about. And I am really working on the content. Is there any help in that regards? And thank you for reviewing it.i appreciate smiley

- choose a niche, write about it. Make sure every post revolves very closely around your chosen nice. Its like saying rather than count 1,2,3, just focus on one. count 1.1, 1.11, 1.111, 1.1111, 1.1111......til you get to 1.2, 1.21,1.211 etc

thus, your site becomes known for something, some kind of information, specific information, thats how the site can rank higher than others. And once your site begins to get good rankings on a particular topic, the rest is history.

cheers
HK

1 Like

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by pinkpebbles(f): 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Thank you so much.
hostkobo:

- choose a niche, write about it. Make sure every post revolves very closely around your chosen nice. Its like saying rather than count 1,2,3, just focus on one. count 1.1, 1.11, 1.111, 1.1111, 1.1111......til you get to 1.2, 1.21,1.211 etc

thus, your site becomes known for something, some kind of information, specific information, thats how the site can rank higher than others. And once your site begins to get good rankings on a particular topic, the rest is history.

cheers
HK
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
tessylove2:
www.gistwithtessy.com

FOCUS:
I would think its better to focus more on: Family. Relationship. Marriage. Parenting.
- these are topics that could bring in a lot of readership. It doesnt matter where your readers are around the world. They are also related, for ex: its hard to talk about parenting without relationship, whichever way you look at it

the above 4 are so far from
If you really want to write about these: Career. Food. General knowledge.....why not start another blog altogether. In fact, each of them deserves a blog on its own coz they are individually wide areas.

Im not asking you to start another 3-blogs.......unless you might later suffer from 'overbloggingitis'..... im just saying try and have a focus.

regards,
HK
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
sleeknaija:
I started mine last year, www.sleeknaija.com. I've been unable to get google adsense approval, what might be d cause?

Although a friend of mine helped me by making his own google adsense run on d site but will be so much pleased if I can have mine approved. Need u guys help.

error#1: color-wars
chief, I know you are patriotic, but you dont have to over-greenify the site. The dark green changes the focus of the eyes. Content is king. Your content should be the focus not the colors of the site......considering its not a children's website. Consider the reflection at the side of the eyes of the eyes of a first time visitor.....not good.

maybe it looks good to you, but it might not look good to everybody. If you view the site on mobile devices, the green is all that you'll see. you'll have to strain your eyes to see the content.

Note: your eyes will see green before white. Your images are colored, so dish the green please or at least reduce it to something very very light.

error#2 - legitimacy:
- where are pages like privacy policy, disclaimer, terms of use, contact us page.
- who is the author/editor for publications on the site? who do we email for enquiries, complaints, etc.
- legitimacy, legitimacy.

error#3: piracy, content-credits:
- you post news items from around Nigeria, news items which you sourced from newspapers, other websites.... etc., In short, credit your content(text and images), include a source..... in your posts

cheers
HK
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
bookkeepers:
Google adsense keeps rejecting my site. Please help review it: www.bookconvo.com

nice site sister,

I love your niche, but

- what happened to the image thumbnails on the front page? use images inside your posts / use featured images

- about us page - add some info about you(the editor/author).....think "identity and legitimacy"

- your menu is not properly arranged...should be home, about, literacy study guide, privacy policy, sitemap....just a suggestion

- google wants your site to be beautiful so that when adsense adverts are coming in, it would look more beautiful to the visitor. You are using a good theme.
For example: please compare your website to that of the original theme (MH Magazine):
http://www.mhthemes.com/demo/?theme=magazine
- which looks better regardless of the content / niche? which would you rather read first or second

- recent posts.....your webmaster should be able to do better than that

- use images inside your posts

- a nice image logo would be beautiful.

- your footer is a little messed up

cheers,
HK

do you need help with the site? buzz me!

1 Like

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Redlyn: 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
http://cakes.carcm.com/

Cake site for my mum. Disclaimer - mobile is still shit and there are few bugs where i hardcoded stuff
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
stlarry001:
For your Educational,Entertainment Trending News and inspirational post visit www.academicmerit..com and like our page on facebook Academic Merit

share if you find the site interesting.
please review

Here are some 3-cent pointers:

1) get a top-level domain name that goes with your content.

2) what is the focus of your website? your menu reads: career, education, informational, politics, relationships, sattical, tech................with these menu-items / article categories, you wont do good with an "academic" focused domain name.. Twould be a conflict of interest in your sites niche.

Your site title says "academic hub" so you give visitors the information that they would find academic info. If this is the case, an article titled (12 KINDS OF PEOPLE YOU WOULD MET IN A BETTING SHOP) does not contribute to your websites niche / focus.

suggestion: choose a topic or 2-3 close topics, focus on publish content in those areas instead.

3) identity: pages about-us, who we are, privacy policy, disclaimer, terms of use, contact form, contact information

4) if you must have a picture slide, let it be related to your content.

5) your site must be useful, the content must provide good information and provide it properly.

conclusion: your website has so many pieces that do not fit together.......

regards,
HK
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
Redlyn:
http://cakes.carcm.com/

Cake site for my mum. Disclaimer - mobile is still shit and there are few bugs where i hardcoded stuff

site looks good, looks ok for your business, you dont need adsense!

cheers
HK
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by stlarry001(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
hostkobo:

Here are some 3-cent pointers:

1) get a top-level domain name that goes with your content.

2) what is the focus of your website? your menu reads: career, education, informational, politics, relationships, sattical, tech................with these menu-items / article categories, you wont do good with an "academic" focused domain name.. Twould be a conflict of interest in your sites niche.

Your site title says "academic hub" so you give visitors the information that they would find academic info. If this is the case, an article titled (12 KINDS OF PEOPLE YOU WOULD MET IN A BETTING SHOP) does not contribute to your websites niche / focus.

suggestion: choose a topic or 2-3 close topics, focus on publish content in those areas instead.

3) identity: pages about-us, who we are, privacy policy, disclaimer, terms of use, contact form, contact information

4) if you must have a picture slide, let it be related to your content.

5) your site must be useful, the content must provide good information and provide it properly.

conclusion: your website has so many pieces that do not fit together.......

regards,
HK

Thanks for the review but how can i add the about us, privacy and other.
Thanks for the review
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Howcomes(m): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Redlyn: 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
Howcomes:
www.makeusfriends :oo 8 embarassed)

not available
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Dani4tech(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2015
Help review my Day old Media blog(videos/movies)- http://filezden..com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by profindar: 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
This is a nice thread that will offer some practical insights into one's website(s).

Could you guys please share your thoughts on this site: https://www.adtall.com ?

Thank you.
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
stlarry001:

Thanks for the review but how can i add the about us, privacy and other.
Thanks for the review

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/165955?hl=en
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Smmworkshop: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by chinedulivingstone(m): 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
take a look at my sites www.hotelvalley.com, www.raw00.com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by easymoneybag(m): 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
hostkobo:

NO PUN intended sir:
- your privacy policy links to a 404 page,
- no 'terms of use' page
- who is the author/s? why are you writing about health? why should I(waka pass guy) read your healthblog before I read others?
- feedback35@gmail.com - is that your real email address?....it looks and sounds....fishy? ......
- your social icons dont link to you! why.... No identity!
- your articles dont look unique. Google lists very very similar ones. I could count about 15-articles on your site (no adsense with 15articles)

suggestion:
- more articles, post at list one every day
- the above pages needed,

HK

Thank bro, i really appreciate your review.
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by bamac(m): 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
http://bamisepeters..com waiting for review, thanks..
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by sharperino(m): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
Visit
www.fangadar.com
A social hub for football fans. Social Bookmarking, Social Networking, Football
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by collinsinchrist(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
collinsinchrist..com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Dani4tech(m): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2015
Guys,Is there a way to make my blog posts display only at the categories(labels) without displaying at the main page/front pgae? #
Cc : Osile2012 , hostkobo
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hamxee: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2015
hamzagombite.
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dani4tech:
Guys,Is there a way to make my blog posts display only at the categories(labels) without displaying at the main page/front pgae? #
Cc : Osile2012 , hostkobo

I dont understand you sir:
- do you want your posts to display articles from only one category, or
- do you want your main-page / front page to display only the names of the categories and not the posts published into them?

cheers
HK
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
hamxee:
hamzagombite.

you are just testing the waters with 3-blog posts, keep up the good work
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by sherifos: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2015
pinkpebbles:
I could mistake your blog for mine.
www.parrothouz.com

We are using the same theme
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by ndizzy(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by hostkobo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
ndizzy:
www.mxcliq.com

nice work.
keep it up
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by gidimasters(m): 6:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by zicomanie04(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
http://omonaijanews..com for mobile view on operamini add .es after the .com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by OMO4NANS001(m): 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Mine is
Youthscroll.
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Catalyst007(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by akinzben(m): 3:55am On Jun 27, 2015
<a href='OOUFORUM.COM'>OOUFORUM.COM</a>
i created it for my university

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (42) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg: Startup Ecosystem In Nigeria Is What I Came To Learn / Mark Zuckerberg Trekking On The Streets Of Yaba + Hilarious Comment / 2019 Latest Free Browsing Cheat For MTN, AIRTEL, GLO And Etisalat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.