Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone (1079 Views)

Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update / Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS / Meet The World's First Smartphone With Two 1080p Displays: Gionee W900(Flip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by Wittylens(m): 11:43am On Jan 07, 2015
Kodak has launched IM5 , its first ever Android smartphone. This device was unveiled at the on-going CES 2015 in las Vegas.

Kodak IM5 (Produced by Bullitt) is a 5inch device powered by 1.7Ghz Octa-core mediatek processor , with a 1GB of RAM , 8GB internal Memory (ROM) and Android 5.0 Lollipop.

The camera is the major focus of this device. It offers 13MP back camera and 5MP front camera to deliver the “best- in-class image management software and features.”

Kodak IM5 Specs

•Custom built, intuitive user interface
•Remote Management software
•Dedicated app store with hand-picked selection of apps
•Octa-core 1.7 GHz processor
1GB RAM
•5-inch full HD screen
13 MP rear camera with AF and flash
•5MP front camera
•8 GB internal storage
•Micro SD up to 32 GB

IM5 will rollout with a $250 Price tag before the end of Q1.

Check source for more photos :

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/kodak-launches-im5-at-ces-2015/
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by sigmundfreud(m): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
I can see you are a phone freak...nice.
I don't like mediatek processor though

1 Like

Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by Wittylens(m): 12:27am On Jan 09, 2015
sigmundfreud:
I can see you are a phone freak...nice.
I don't like mediatek processor though

Why? Are they inferior?
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by sigmundfreud(m): 1:10am On Jan 09, 2015
Wittylens:

Why? Are they inferior?
Kind of...you find them majorly in low end smart phones unlike Qualcomm snapdragon. I don't think they as durable too, though they boast of speed and better battery life.
Except the phone has other outstanding features, I won't readily buy one with mediatek processor.
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by Wittylens(m): 1:17am On Jan 09, 2015
sigmundfreud:

Kind of...you find them majorly in low end smart phones unlike Qualcomm snapdragon. I don't think they as durable too, though they boast of speed and better battery life.
Except the phone has other outstanding features, I won't readily buy one with mediatek processor.

Somehow I agree...Infinix Tecno , Innjooo all use mediatek... that's why they're called chinko
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by sigmundfreud(m): 1:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Wittylens:

Somehow I agree...Infinix Tecno , Innjooo all use mediatek... that's why they're called chinko
Yep!
Its a Taiwanese company. Won't touch it until they start using it in iPhone or lumia cheesy
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by Wittylens(m): 1:21am On Jan 09, 2015
sigmundfreud:

Yep!
Its a Taiwanese company. Won't touch it until they start using it in iPhone or lumia cheesy

Lol.... What's Your current phone make?
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by sigmundfreud(m): 1:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Wittylens:

Lol.... What's Your current phone make?
Nothing serious... Moto G.
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by nani667: 2:08am On Jan 09, 2015
Crap specs tho.... But I'm sure the camera go make plenty sense

1 Like

Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by Wittylens(m): 6:58am On Jan 09, 2015
sigmundfreud:

Nothing serious... Moto G.

Nice.... I hope it serves you well?
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by Smartixy(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2015
I know that the camera will be wonderful
Re: Kodak Launches Its First Smartphone by sigmundfreud(m): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Wittylens:

Nice.... I hope it serves you well?
For its price, its a fantastic fine.
What's your own specs?

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Just Launches Mi4i; Packing High-end Features In A $205 Phone / The Next Hero Lauch Party!!! / GOOGLE OFFICIAL: Set To Release Android 6.0 - Android Marshmallow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.