Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) (41358 Views)

Yorubas Would Be Proud To Read 'these' / 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos / 7 Nigerian Pioneers Who Made Nigeria Mega Proud! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by peteruuu(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2015
Hian!!!

Iffa hear!

I am only proud to be a Nigerian because my parents are nigerian & i was also born in Nigeria.

If not so,abeg..i prefer being in the states OR Finland undecided

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobleacct: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2015
YES O, I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN[color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by knightsTempler: 10:48am On Mar 24, 2015
ramalot:

Most people in Nigeria won't quite get the joke of "everest" memes

You right on that...
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by AsanwaKC(f): 10:49am On Mar 24, 2015
hard truth
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by DeBret(m): 10:49am On Mar 24, 2015
HopeAlive14:
God Bless you, OP.

Nigeria is a great country truly blessed by God.

Proudly Nigerian!
Je me engage à mon pays cheesy
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by lacicrips(m): 10:50am On Mar 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Naso boss
Some of those guys on NL tht resides in other country will be behaving like a dummy or an outcast in those countries, Even wen those oyibo slap and call them Monkey, they aCcept even wif gratitude but will come here on NL and start boasting and bragging of other pple,s country.

#yeyepeople
Pele. Keep consoling yourself.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by HopeAlive14(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2015
DeBret:
Je me engage à mon pays cheesy

Meaning?
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Darlduchi: 10:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Fifteen Reasons You should be ashamed to be called a Nigeria.
1. You where Named by a prostitute called Floral shore

2. Your Name (nigeria) has no meaning.

3. You are resilience in defending a faulty foundation in other words you will do anything to remain slaves to your Masters.

4. Biafra land gave you access to their oil yet you can not refine it.

5. 90 % of arable land yet you import food, unable to feed your population.

6. wood everywhere yet you import tooth picks

7. 70% of your population are illiterates .

8. Corruption is celebrated.

9. Your leaders loot national treasure and banks them in foreign countries rather than invest in their own country (wicked even to their own)

10. Potential for electricity generation yet in Darkness since inception.

11. You chunk out so called graduates yet you rely on foreigners to construct the simplest.

12. You claim to be a secular yet Sharia is all over your constitution.

13. Rich yet extremely poor (stomach infrastructure eat today die tomorrow)

14 You are referred to as animals your country as a zoo.

15. Your country has expired existing only in the minds of the unthought.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Ilaje44(m): 10:55am On Mar 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Naso boss
Some of those guys on NL tht resides in other country will be behaving like a dummy or an outcast in those countries, Even wen those oyibo slap and call them Monkey, they aCcept even wif gratitude but will come here on NL and start boasting and bragging of other pple,s country.

#yeyepeople

You seems not to know what you are talking about. Let's assume you are right, and Nigerians are regarded as slaves in these countries, but why is it that the same foreigners you denigrate are treated like kings, have more right than you in your beloved paradise? BTW, assaulting or calling someone a slave are punishable offences in this part of the world. If it were here that a political campaigner tells people to stone her opponents as alleged, that would have been the end of their political career. That's just an example to illustrate what you lack in Nigeria, and what we "slaves" according to your logic enjoy here. I have lived more than 20 years in Europe, driven thousands of miles criss crossing central Europe (particularly Germany), experienced racism, but I am yet to be called a slave. And if you think there's no discrimination in Nigeria, you would be deceiving only yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by phlio(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Naso boss

#yeyepeople
bros don't forget.. Nigerians dont beef slaves
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by phlio(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2015
hummerwise:

Naso boss

#yeyepeople
bros don't forget.. Nigerians dont beef
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2015
lacicrips:

Pele. Keep consoling yourself.
indeed consoling themselves. What of the killings everyday, the poverty, man no man to get basic things, freedom taken too far, diseases, strike by teachers, doctors etc, lack of infrastructure , too many dependants etc

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by adconline(m): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2015
Worst country to be born into

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by falopey: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is very true. The amount of freedom in Nigeria is plentiful, where any thing goes, encourages individual creativity among Nigerians due to lack of extremely restricting laws, and the shortage of freedom in developed countries usually comes as a shocker to Nigerians when they arrive in the US, UK, Canada e.t.c., where laws are plentiful and restrictive, and laws strictly obeyed to the latter.

A country where anything goes indeed. A lawless country like Nigeria where some are above the law and laws are only for the poor masses. A country where someone that stole a handset could be sent to 5 years Imprisonment while someone who stole millions of pension fund paid a token out of the stolen money to go free and enjoy his loot. If this is why you are proud to be a Nigerian, that's why Nigeria will never match up to those countries you consider lack "freedom".

As for me, I like myself, my family and community. But whether I am proud of that name that is almost synonymous with all sort of vices the world over, well... it's a story for another day.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by timunstopable: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2015
I was enjoying your point until I reached no 12..things are very cheap shocked

which country you dey?

I disagree with that

lagos Abj Ph one of the most expensive places to live in africa
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by menesheh(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
12. Things are very cheap
and sometimes free in
Nigeria
If you are scared of parking space
tickets, over speeding fines and some
of those fines that cannot be neglected
in most countries, Nigeria can be a
haven for you. Despite the fact that a
lot of things are cheap, so many things
are virtually free. This does not mean
that we allow lawlessness in our
country because if you are ever
arrested, you may never commit
crime in your life again.

FUNNY
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Okeikpu(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2015
Op don high (・∀・)

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by sandrahnaub(f): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2015
Na so,btw m new here opened an acc 2 grin grin
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by IYANGBALI: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2015
NO 16:Majority of us like preek and toto. NO 17: we no dey joke with food,pepper soup,nkwobi,beer,alomo,orijin,paraga and igbo
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 24, 2015
Worried about your life then read this article to enter another stage in your life

Happy reading.

PLEASE KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ENTER ANOTHER STAGE IN YOUR LIFE
www.facepassion.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by anonym0us: 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
10. We are rich in culture
The impact of Nigeria’s entertainment
and culture cannot be underestimated.
We have a very rich culture that has
become a hallmark of our day to day
activities even outside Nigeria. It is
very difficult to resist the allure and
beauty that come from our culture.
why you put that Yoruba masquerade
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by InvertedHammer: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Being a Nigerian is a cross all of us have to bear.

Being proud to be a Nigerian is applying bandaid to a wound. The wound must heal and the victim must bear it. Glad to have an accident? No. But shit happen. Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing what we know now and given some options, most of us would have opted not to come out of their mothers' birth canal in Nigeria.

Then again, denial is not a river in Africa.

There you have.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Champele(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
this post make sense die.very true.I'm proud and happy to be a Nigerian.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Revolva(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
I am still not proud to be a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by wtfCode: 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
true, just that we don't have that oneness here in Nigeria, tribalism n' corruption is dividing us. again is religious problems here n there.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by wtfCode: 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
IYANGBALI:
NO 16:Majority of us like preek and toto. NO 17: we no dey joke with food,pepper soup,nkwobi,beer,alomo,orijin,paraga and igbo
brotherly, have we met b4?
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Krasid(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Naija 4 Life
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by lancee(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
opyzy:
6. There is no place like
home
No matter how many years we must
have gotten accustomed to the
lifestyle of another country; there is no
home like Naija. Nothing has been able
to replace that homesick and longing
that comes when we stay away from
the country for a long time. The charm
and comfort we get when we are with
our loved ones cannot be bought with
material wealth.

Agree with you on this one
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by IYANGBALI: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
wtfCode:

brotherly, have we met b4?
yes,several times
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by wtfCode: 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
IYANGBALI:
yes,several times
Abi, flow tight.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Stuffing your fresh agege bread with hot akara with an ice cold coke,hmmm,which you won't see abroad, but don't try it everyday o,or you go hear am for toilet.
Re: 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) by zigger(m): 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is a lie. No oneness, no brains, and why do u hear of pple dat die in some part of an airplane while desperately tryin to leave dis damn country and u say no place like home. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olubadan And His Wives Board A First Class Train In London. PICS / Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.