Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Lonely Days- A Review - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lonely Days- A Review (36227 Views)

5 Days A Detective [A Story] / The Right Way To Break Rules- A Review Of Suzzane Collins' Hunger Game / A Critical Background Of Lonely Days By Bayo Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lonely Days- A Review by ayandee: 1:12am On Jan 08, 2015
“And by the way, Lanwa, you must stop preaching the sermon of our people’s old custom and tradition. This your long story of kinsman and cousin and half-brother connection with my late husband cannot catch me like a deer in a snare! I reserve the right to choose the type of life I want to lead. It could be that of woman deliberately aloof in self-contentment, untouched by the victimisation and oppression of the man; or that of a woman sulking the anger of an injury, protesting humiliations heaped on her, over the years by the man. I may choose to shield off man, permanently in my life, and transfer all affection and devotion to my children, spoiling them every minute with motherly love and care. I may deliberately engage in twenty different odd jobs, from cockcrow to cockroost, not resting and not sparing any moment to talk to men, or even look at any man’s face. Not your business Lanwa, how I want to live my life!” (From Lonely Days [/i]by Bayo Adebowale)

This was the manner in which Bayo Adebowale lent a voice to African widows in his book Lonely Days
. Set in the rustic rural village of Kufi in South-western Nigeria, the novel tells the story of Yaremi, a woman thrown into widowhood by the death of her husband Ajumobi.

Click this link for further details www.bookstomydoor.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again / Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) / Video: High School Girls Caught Having Sex In The Classroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.