Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,502 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice (737 Views)

Lets Talk!! Are Nigerian Politicians More Hardworking Than Nigerian Graduates? / Why Do Nigerian Graduates Dread (or Is It Hate) Marketing/sales Jobs? / Meet Abuja Female Painter Who Fears No Height (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 08, 2015
Everybody back then in the secondary school nursed the idea of attending a higher institution of learning (University, College of Education,Polytechnic etc) but not everybody accomplished such dreams. Those that succeeded in gaining admission into higher institutions were happy and nursed the dream of graduating but some of them didn't graduate. For those that graduated, some of them made different grades.
The fear of every Nigerian graduate starts immediately after his/her first semester exams in final year. Thoughts of different kinds starts coming to his/her mind. What is the major thought? A Job ofcourse. A new Nigerian graduate knowing of the unemployment rate in the country will start thinking of life after school. But that will be a bit reduced when he/she goes for the mandatory one year National Youth Service. His/Her fears comes up again when it's like three months to round up with service year. Then he/she will start to make contacts, calling his senior colleagues and trying to find out if they have gotten a job and most of them will say NO. Some out of annoyance that they are idle will give this answer ''When you are done with service, you will now know". This unsettles the mind of Nigerian graduates because they know that there is no Job in the country but yet people are striving hard and even bribing to gain admission. The New Nigerian graduate starts browsing Job portals and start applying for jobs and continue to live in big fear.

Graduates have so much suffered in a country dubbed as Africa's Pride and Giant. A country where the private sector provides more job opportunities than the government. A country where we hear about how thousands of jobs were created without us seeing up-to a hundred of people working there.

How can a graduate conquer such fear? By staying positive all the time despite signs of failures that you may encounter. By praying hard for a change in your destiny and a change in the attitude of our leaders towards us. You can set up something with the little you have. Don't under rate any job that you see (yes as a graduate you expect something higher but manage with ones that fits your status a bit). There are teaching jobs that you can apply for in some nursery, primary and secondary schools just to keep yourself busy. There are office assistant jobs that you can help yourself with and manage the small pay. Put your skills to work. You can start up with tailoring (if you are good at that), barber's shop, use of beads to make fantastic fancy wears, start up a private tutorial lesson.

Don't let idleness lead you to bad thoughts, then to bad friends, then to bad actions and attitudes and finally land you in a bad state (Jail or Death).

Keep YourSelf Busy with something worth it and definitely one day the God you serve will remember you. Remember that if you bring yourself down, you will be lifted up. Remain humble and give in your best any good thing you keep your self busy with. ONE DAY, THE CERTIFICATE WILL BE NEEDED AND THE HUSTLE WILL PAY.

SOURCE: http://mistaebuka..com.es/2015/01/the-fears-of-new-nigerian-graduates-and.html
Re: The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice by NickiRoman: 2:01am On Jan 08, 2015
smiley
Re: The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice by naturally: 4:54am On Jan 08, 2015
May God help us
Re: The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice by yorex2011: 7:23am On Jan 08, 2015
I've never had any fears... Since i was a kid I've been impressing my subconscious mind with greatness and success.... So fear is not even in my dictionary.. grin
Re: The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice by Joy83(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2015
yorex2011:
I've never had any fears... Since i was a kid I've been impressing my subconscious mind with greatness and success.... So fear is not even in my dictionary.. grin
Sorry!!!
Re: The Fears Of (new) Nigerian Graduates And Advice by yorex2011: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2015
Joy83:

Sorry!!!

Thank you jare grin

(1) (Reply)

Did You Achieve Your Childhood Dream Job? / Check Out My Letest Design At Work!!!photos!! / Please Assist A Fellow Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.