Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Opinion Husband Scarcity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion Husband Scarcity (1597 Views)

Husband Scarcity / Husband Scarcity!!!!! / Husband Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Husband Scarcity by Opiosko: 3:58am On Jan 08, 2015
This is somebori's opinion (Don't ask me whose...?) Declaimer, long post summary not available. angry

This may not be the best time for me to write on this because of misinterpretations, but I can no longer resist the push. "Husband Scarcity" has become one of the challenges faced by many young girls today. If you go to prayer houses, majority of the intentions are prayer for a life partner. And this calls for concern. Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers, was there really much of a "Husband Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values and were prepared to build a home and not park into a built home. Then, once a young man comes of age and can at least feed himself and his wife, he goes out in search of a wife and the woman really appreciates him and helps him to build a future. What am I really trying to say? women created what they now see as "Husband Scarcity" for themselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an average girl to define her dream husband; you get things like "he has to be tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable" and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so worldly. Then, check the number of girls around you and the number of men that meet that standard, and you will see the problem. You hear girls say, "I cannot suffer in my father's house and then go and start suffering with a man." What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning, you have everything you want and there is no suffering, and later in the marriage, the table turns around, then comes suffering? Will you run away? No one prays for suffering, but it is good to start small and end big, than start big and end small. The problem is that the description majority of girls give of their ideal man is virtually the same. When 50 girls want the same kind of man and the man that fits what they want is just 1 man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what becomes of 49 others? They simply start lamenting of "Husband Scarcity". Another irony of our time is that it is hard, due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all those things these ladies want, legally (except those involved in Illegal business); even the number of those in Illegal business is not enough to match all those searching for already made husbands. If you look around, majority of the ladies of substance, of good value and virtue, who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects, are married and not complaining of husband scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is to change your view of who a husband is. A husband is that man God made and then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for making him, without a help mate and then made the woman and gave to him, and he felt complete and fulfilled. MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family of God here on earth. For those who see marriage as a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may only be a route to where God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES. I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way and talks of marriage, not all men are husband materials. What I am saying is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions or physical appearances. Look beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF. And that which he is made of is, most times, not seen with the physical eyes, only its effects can be seen. Marriage is a permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for Adam's need to be met. May Almighty show us our right partners!

1 Like

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 4:05am On Jan 08, 2015
"Marriage is not a poverty alleviation program".... grin

Op tell dem. Dem no dey hear word. All this he-must-be-tall-dark-and-handsome sisters.. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by naturally: 4:16am On Jan 08, 2015
Lol
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by daniquaver(m): 4:20am On Jan 08, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:

Op tell dem. Dem no dey hear word. All this he-must-be-tall-dark-and-handsome sisters.. tongue

I agree wif U...buh charle,d wey wer u dy muscle 4 ds topic,I KW SAY U DEY D FEARFULLY MADE LEVELS grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Opiosko: 4:27am On Jan 08, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:

grin grin Suffry talk am o make em no call for my head.
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 4:31am On Jan 08, 2015
Opiosko:

grin grin Suffry talk am o make em no call for my head.
no worry..as disclaimer don dey the post u no get probs grin
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by kilokeys(m): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2015
if we see berra money... we fit marry next week sef..

but erhmmm
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by An0nimus: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Quote of the week:

Marriage is not a poverty alleviation program

gringringrin

Just so you know...
There's Wife Scarcity too bros. They're so many eligible and well to do ninjas currently on Ultimate Search as I type this.

If there's a way to make both search parties find themselves grin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by TV01(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
...my head this morning. This made me laugh! There is so much meat here, a veritable feast;

- Champions of polygamy, this is your cue
- Hungry (along, with the bitter, time-bound etc.) single women, your input is required
- Single men on the make, what do you have to say, please share your rejection experiences, too short, "ball head", no money, no car cheesy!
- Femnivores, come and chip in, how are women making themselves unmarriageable
- Feministas, please explain why this is only sorry-arse sisters as marriage is not by fire-or-force, or do-or-die. You don't even need a man grin
- Smug married ladies, a few teaspoons of haughtiness will help this brew taste better

Please don't delay. I'm on furlough today cool!

NL parry grin!

TV

1 Like

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by jmoore(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
Quite insightful.
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by YourCoffin: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
In summary, there's no scarcity of husbands or wives.

There's only scarcity of eligible husbands and wives.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 09, 2015
I love this post... But tbh OP you wouldn't believe but the opposite case is for me.

For example, a good friend of mine is going thru a rocky time in his marriage due to the fact that he literally overspoiled his wife. She was so spoilt that she became unhappy and complained about not knowing what she wants anymore. His family intervened, as did hers, pastor, counselling but she still doesn't know why she's unhappy.

Women, we have to realize that concept of iron sharpen iron. Not just about compatibility between believer and non believer, but that your husband and marriage will not be as sharp as your own sharpness. Sharpening requires tension, heat, it's not a walk in the park. If all you will is the sharp husband, but don't submit yourself to be as sharp as he you will both become dull. It requires expecting more from yourself as an individual, to acquire deeper goals, honing certain instincts. All of this is gained thru experience. And as they say, no pain no gain. So please don't run a challenge, accept it as a way to grow.

I take this opportunity to show this graph that helped me to refocus my vision. It's a practical way to evolve as a human being.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by KanwuliaJara: 4:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Nothing like 'husband scarcity', BUT GOOD HUSBAND SCARCITY!
Widows are FAR BETTER THAN MOST NIGERIAN MARRIED WOMEN!

Fact! kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by paschenko(m): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:

So na tall men they want? No wonder me wey be 6ft4' am always sexua*ly harassed by women.
The song: "Johnny" of Yemi Alade comes to mind. Hehehhe... But fellow men, leave gigol*ism n start hustling, quit being lazy n get a life, no woman wants a burden as husband neither does a man wants a burden as wife.
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
YourCoffin:
In summary, there's no scarcity of husbands or wives.

There's only scarcity of eligible husbands and wives.
Exactly..

This your moniker though shocked undecided undecided
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:

grin grin grin grin

Everyone has a standard when it comes to choosing a life partner, the problem is that many people make theirs unattainable/impossible...

BTW, Marriage no be by force undecided

1 Like

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by SAMBARRY: 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
Op mind your business instead of helping other people to worry about their problems and if e pain you too much follow them fast and pray. Anyway apart from the fact that if you check Sophyrocks signature she has said it all

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by SAMBARRY: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Fact! kiss
exactly. Also

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by SAMBARRY: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
Oo

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Richy4(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
This reminds me of the conversation I over heard my secondary school class girls discussing way back.

One said: hmm I can never date a guy who live in idu or nyanya.. He has to live in maitama or at least Wuse...
How can I live in Garki and start visiting my boy friend or husband to be in Nyanya.

Another said yea you are right. He has to be really rich tall, handsome and speaks good English...

Though they were teenagers, they still knew what they wanted. Which was not really easy to come by.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by Chimarto: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
Girls be like the easiest way to beat unemployment is to get married to a rich handsome man. lol
Re: Opinion Husband Scarcity by iykedare(m): 11:13am On Mar 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Fact! kiss

In a bid to impress your ass kissers,you write dust.

(1) (Reply)

A Story Of Abuse / You Should Thank Your Friends If They Have Done These 15 Things... / See The List Of People With The Most Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.