Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

How Is Gender Equality And Women Empowerment Faring In Relationships And Love? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Is Gender Equality And Women Empowerment Faring In Relationships And Love? (725 Views)

Difference Between Equality And Equity / Nairalanders You Respect, Admire And Love / Equality! Ladies Can Now Pee Like Men Through This... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Is Gender Equality And Women Empowerment Faring In Relationships And Love? by billachusim(m): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
I really want to see more women thrive greatly in corporate organisations, public offices and government. A big congrats to Madam Mo Abudu @moabudu for the @forbes recognition for most successful women in Africa.
A lot of other women role models have emerged in Nigeria in the last five years, inspiring many young ladies to grow out of norms, shun societal regards and pursue independence. Beautiful and passionate. Role models like @genevievennaji @officiallindaIkeji, @tokemakinwa, @toyinlawani, @janemichaelnig and many more.
Many years ago, it was frowned upon and considered very callous or wayward for women to follow their dreams. Build a career or business. They were only required to be creative in home making and food making. This is changing and I'm glad!

Im also sad! Sorry, but the whole empowerment thing enjoys greater acceptance in Europe and America as against a slow and often rebellious stance it has in Africa, Asia and Middle East. I know why it is slow in Africa. It's funny but it is the darn truth!!!

Why do women still put so much importance to age difference when it comes to dating in this our Africa? Why don't they want empowerment in the dating industry? Who said your husband must be older than you? Who? Your mum? But you didn't listen to her when she said don't move to lekki and start a boutique right?
We love religion but I don't even think Jesus Christ said women must marry someone older. Bible verses, if I'm wrong.
#IronyOfLife
It will be very difficult for women to totally win their campaign for seeming equality or get a good percentage of any equation if they maintain the mentality that is dating or marrying only someone older.
Society talks, but same way you broke out to pursue your dreams should be same way you break out to pursue happiness in relationship. Do you know the amount of empowerment that will be forced out of men if women starts dating and marrying someone younger. (consider this an expo)
It's really going to be hard for sexism to be banished from our society but so was career for you guys, many years back.
Mr Right has no age tag just like the presidents office has no sex tag.

Bill Achusim

(1) (Reply)

The Moment You Won The Last Election, Azikiwe Dropped From Your Name - Okoroji B / . / Help On How To Stop Self Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.