Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Find My Baby - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Find My Baby (984 Views)

Poem: A Reminder To My Baby Of My Love For Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find My Baby by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Good evening Litlander.
I am going to share a story with you.Lol...That's too formal.

I want to sleep, but the sleep is not coming I feel like writing one of the sequels of either TUGRIL, LUTT, or Taken but I could not bring my self to start.
Also, I would have continued editting some of my stories but they are in another phone,and the battery is dead.

Just as I lay here a story popped up in my head, and I hope to finish it.
If I sleep while writing it then I might not come back to it...

This story I want to write has just started forming in my head, so do not be angry if somethings go wrong. I can promise you that whatever mistake you see here would not be seen in its real publication, if there is going to be one...

Talk! Talk!!
Let me see what we can do...
High five
Smiles.
Re: Find My Baby by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Chapter 1.
Yemi sat down at his desk in his office and wonder what he can decipher from what was written before him, but he did not see anything that would help him.
The boy had not gotten many opportunity to write many things before he was kidnapped.
Mrs. Arinpe is now on his neck, vehemently demanding that he do something about this girl. He works for the federal state Criminal Investigating Department ( CID), and he was just recruited.
Yemi Akinola is not all that handsome as a man. All the women that had been around him cannot even be said to be attracted to his beauty; in fact, if they were to choose the most handsome, he might unluckily be chosen as the last in a group of 100.
Yemi was 5.6 ft tall, fair, and had a chin that made a sort of U-turn. Right now he stays in Lagos and work with Meiran police.
The only thing that brightens Yemi's mind and takes his mind off the fact that he is not all that handsome is that he was able to woo a very beautiful petite young lady whose character, and maturity always make him marvel.
Right now, a terrible thing hadhappened and he is to find the people and to find the girl who was kidnapped.
The only evidence he has is a little diary that the boy had written.
Crumpled behind a desk, after the stress of putting clues together, Yemi opened the small diary.
The girl was able to write only a part of her diary.
September 14, 2014.
Dear Carol,
I have decided to call this diary Carol.
To the many that might read it at all, who knows I might have died before they really catch these bad people.
All the event you might read in my diary is real.
I have left these people but they are still after my life as if I owe them.
I am just a fourteen year old girl but my life has seen what no fifty year old man had seen, but who knows I might just be exaggerating.
I am writing this diary because Mummy believe that I might be able to tell her what I have done to these people because I have stopped talking since the day I got to this house.
I know Mummy is really trying to help me but there is nothing I can do right now, I just can't say anything. if I talk I will die. Though, I understand what these people mean when they sent a letter to me that, I have decided to obey their instruction in another way so that I would not fall into trouble. I don't know who is telling them things but the way they talked to me through their letter I know that they have someone here that tells them all they need to know.
Things had gone bad ever since I came to this house.
This house is not my house, and even this mummy is not my mummy. Did I even have a mother?
If I ever had one, then she is either dead or somewhere else enjoying her life thinking I was dead.
She tried to dispose me but God kept me. Should I blame God or my mother for everything that had happened to me.
Although, I didn't really see God's hand in somethings but I can still see my mother's hand in my suffering.
Did I send her to have sex before marriage? Only God knows why she did what she did but I'm not sure I can forgive her.
When I started growing up, I saw that I had been raised by a mad man. I don't know how he did it but I know a mad man cannot give birth to a child, and I also know that no matter how bad a woman is she would not give her child to a mad man to keep. So, that means the man saw me somewhere and raised me as his own child.
This mummy is only helping me to enjoy life but right now things are not right, and I wish I can help but I can't.
A policeman had been trying to take me to a juvenile home, but mummy had made sure that did not happen.
Right now I am lying on a bed big enough to take 6 men. Mummy is very rich and has a large heart.
I love mummy and that was why I cried when those bad people shot mummy on her right leg yesterday.
Good night.
Seyi

Today is the third of is finding Seyi.
Re: Find My Baby by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2015
Chapter 2
Yemi looked on and stared at the diary as if it will tell him all he needed to find from the book. He was not able to detect much from the book but he was sure that whatever might have happened was grave and these people- whoever they are- needed to get Seyi back. And he needed to get her back on time.
His phone vibrated, he picked it and pressed the button relunctantly because it was his girlfriend, Shade, that was calling and he knew what she wanted to ask.
' Hello dear', he said.
' Hello...'
' How are you?'
' I'm good...You?'
' I'm trying to be good', Yemi replied, shrugging.
' Oh! Is it that case, you will solve it, I trust you now'.
' Thanks'.
' Do you remember what is happening by 2pm'.
Yemi almost said 'no' when but he knew there was no reason to play her. He remembered they had fixed a dinner even before all this things came up.
' Yes....' he said, his voice trailing off as he wished he could change the timing, ' Normal place right?'
'Yes...'
' Okay have anice time'.
He felt like hitting his head in frustration, he did not want to miss this dinner with his girlfriend again like he did the other time.
He opened the diary and read it again.
There was no background information about the boy. The boy had appeared from no where and had disappear into no where. There was no sign of struggling or what ever. He was not just seen.
Then it occur to Yemi.
He was not just seen?
He stood up and hurriedly move out of his office to buy voucher. He needed to call Mrs. Arinpe immediately.
Re: Find My Baby by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2015
Chapter 3
Shade kept on walking on the street of that leads from 'Ile nla' to Ifeoluwa street. The house is called 'Ile Nla' because it is an eight storey building, and the house is so divided that it can contain a thousand people; however with the look of things the people in the house seems to be more than a thousand because the tenants had also rented some of their rooms to other people. Rumour had it that the owner of the house wanted to use it for hotel before but because the government refused to approve it, he sold it out.
Shade decided to trek to see her friend. She was putting on a pair blue jeans trousers, and had a yellow round-neck top.
Shade is a fair lady of about 5.7 ft tall whose beauty always make many men's mouth stay opened.
Today, she has rolled her long hair into a bun. She had nurtured her hair so well that it dared not break or pain her whenever she wants to comb it. It just go on naturally, it was long and full to the surprise of many women. Time after time, many women had asked her the secret of her full hair that she had decided to write a book call ' How to make your hair the centre of Attraction'. She was on the seventh chapter and with three more to go, money should be rolling on her hand.
As Shade move to her friend's house at the end of Ifeoluwa street, she thought of how her boyfriend would react when she tells him what she wants to tell him. Even though, he was a detective he could not have deciphered it because she was a master in keeping secrets.
She looked back and saw it again.
Yemi was on the bike to Mrs. Arinpe's shop when he received her call again.
He needed to ask Mrs. Arinpe some things that would give his investigation some direction.
' Hello Yemi'.
' Hello ..... Hello'...
' Yemi....'
' Hello..I can't hear you', he shouted as the biker kept on moving towards Command- Ipaja through 'white house'.
Yemi pressed the red button, and dialled her number again.
' Hello'.
' Yemi, I think...'
'' your account balance is too low for this call, please recharge in only one card'', Yemi was angry.
Then her call came in again.
' Hello Yemi'
' Hello..'
' Yemi, did you ask someone to trail me?'
' No... Why?'
' Someone has been following me since. I first noticed him at Ijaiye and here is he again'.
' Where are you?' Yemi shouted above the noise of the bike he was sitting on.
' I am at Powerline, Ijaiye.'
'Oh! My God', he exclaimed.
There was no way he could get there in a jiffy.

2 Likes

Re: Find My Baby by VigorousV(f): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
omg!!!!!
Re: Find My Baby by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
VigorousV:
omg!!!!!
shocked
Re: Find My Baby by jummy604: 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
Jeez,see suspense o
Re: Find My Baby by LouisVanGaal(m): 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Divepen HNY! Hw va abt tugril (bidemi, grace and pearl)? U no com finish am, why? Dough not a freak abt dis section..but ur story dragged m in..undecided
Re: Find My Baby by vonn(f): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
Following*****
Re: Find My Baby by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 13, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Divepen HNY! Hw va abt tugril (bidemi, grace and pearl)? U no com finish am, why? Dough not a freak abt dis section..but ur story dragged m in..undecided
Boss, I told everone the reason I had to finish offline. I'm sorry baba

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Of The Jihad- A First Novel / Crimes Hush...... By Drabeey / My Faith, My Destiny - Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.