Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests (13199 Views)

How Do I Help My Pupils To Be Good In Mathematics? / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / See The Kind Of School Bus Conveying These Pupils To School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Mogidi: 8:18am On Jan 09, 2015
1stola:

THIS BASTARD THAT SAID THIS COUNTRY WILL NEVER BE AT PEACE IF JONÁDAFT DIDN'T WIN WILL NEVER BE A GOVERNOR IN LAGOS STATE.
SAI AMBODE!
SAI APC
SAI GMB
EKO O NI BAJE O.

The truth may be bitter, but someone still have to say it. I admire Jimi's courage in voicing what we all know would happen.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by ifyalways(f): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2015
What exactly is the money for?

How many state owned secondary schools in Lagos(or anywhere in Nigeria) have computers? Heck, some schools don't even have roofs?

This is robbery. Pure and simple.

10K after paying school fees for ICT? Kai, and some folks would be screaming " Change"?
Change indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by NoreenUG(f): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2015
@topic

this is what happens when oil revenue begins to dry up.
when the niger-delta coughs, the rest of the country suffers ebola.

oil prices only fell and things are already this bad. Several states, including apc states, like oyo, osun, ogun, borno, kano etc are struggling to pay salaries.
what happens when the niger-delta decides to cut off oil supply in protest? don't bite the hand that feeds you.
i laugh at delusional people here who keep talking about how they'll survive without the "drunk ogogoro fishermen from the niger-delta" because according to them, they'll build their economies based on cocoa and groundnut, never putting into consideration the fact that these cash crops are no longer hot commodities in the global market, and their prices have fallen badly. Chei!!! grin
nairaland internet warriors, i dey greet oh!

jimi agbaje told these pple the truth and they almost chopped his head off.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by 1stola: 8:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

The truth may be bitter, but someone still have to say it. I admire Jimi's courage in voicing what we all know would happen.
What the hell will happen?
You people are just too silly to reason.
Jonàdaft will LOSE this coming election and no shít will happen. He will further be taken to kirikiri.
Can't Nigeria survive without oil?
Is it only ss that has oil?
JIMI AGBAJE HAS PROVEN TO US THAT EVEN AN EDUCATED CALM MAN CAN MAKE A THUG IF HE JOINS PDP, HE WILL NEVER BECOME LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR.
SAI GMB!
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Mogidi: 8:29am On Jan 09, 2015
1stola:

What the hell will happen?
You people are just too silly to reason.
Jonàthan will LOSE this coming electronic election and no shít will happen. He will further be taken to kirikiri.
Can't Nigeria survive without oil?
Is it only ss that has oil?
JIMI AGBAJE HAS PROVEN TO US THAT EVEN AN EDUCATED CALM MAN CAN MAKE A THUG IF HE JOINS PDP, HE WILL NEVER BECOME LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR.
SAI GMB!

If Nigeria can survive without oil why do your governors come bowl in hand every month for allocation? I don't see any one from the Niger Delta forcing your governors to come for our "oyel" money.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2015
When jamb neva reach 6k, na kids wey dem want to dey pay 10k. Shey d test go give dem instant job when them finish uni?
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by great664(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2015
johncreek:
Is this were you want to take campaign to?
cos PDP is worst in education reform...
If a PDP tenure can politicalise Education then they are even worst than White that once racist against black....
make sure you do findings well before you bring sentimental judgement here....
Lagos achievement is not your mate or any state so far can not stand and compete with their achievements.

Ask Lagos State and other APC control state to sign FOI Act into Law so you can see how much the state owes as DEBT, and N10,000 to register for Pri 6 exam(FSLC) is that not killing Education? Yet they are campaigning for FREE education and FREE meal, Nigerians, Shine Una Eyes O. Stick when person see nor dey Blind am o. How those parents when they struggle for food go raise N10,000 for FSLC exam when WAEC is even free and less than that amount in some state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by cornelin(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Is it the children that most don't have a basic and fundamental computer knowledge that would write a computer base text?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by flosk: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2015
With my ward, I paid 11 000. For common entrance. Exams into government school in logos and she missed the whole of first term because lagos state ministry of education claimed that they were still working on the admission list.....is this the change we seek?

After the registration I was told. "Madam your child is in jss 1g but that class only exist in paper it foes not exist physically so she will go to jss1d and SHE WILL HAVE TO SEAT ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DESK" I was like seriously? And I ask is this the much anticipated change we seek??

And when I entered the classes it looked more like a vulcanizer's workshop than a class because there were tires everywhere for sitting in a school in the new lagos.....is this change??

And now we are to pay another 10k......change indeed

I remember how they come with padlocks to close down houses for non payment of radio and television tax

CHANGE INDEED

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by rozayx5(m): 8:58am On Jan 09, 2015
thank you akpabio for free education cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by great664(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:

This one don smoke this morning... But u will gladly pay Olosho 10k for a night but can't invest such in ur ward's education?
na every parent get the 10k to pay give olosho? Dis ur statement really shows that you are the GREATEST and HIGHEST FOOOOL I have seen in Nairaland. Mod if una like ban me, I just speak my mind. Imagine the nonsense this guy made. Are u a fool, what abt those parent roasting corn or selling pepper at road side. How will Nigeria progress when foools like you exist. Don't let God destroy u before ur time, u are heartless to say that. Gosh!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by donmalcolm21(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:
If you feel education is expensive try ignorance...
is this how your APC govt wants to run Nigeria. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Frankiss44(m): 9:50am On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Mekateka post=29624755][/quote]

This is the glimpse of change they wanna bring to the National level.

You pay through your yansh for tax with little or nothing to show for it.

Abeg lagosians make ona enjoy ona change, Nigeria is not yet ready for this mumu change.

And the funniest thing is that they will promise free education during campaign and increase fees after being voted in.

Eko oni baje o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by babestella: 9:56am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:

I stand for change what do stand for? Stealing is not corruption? I pity u!

#Febuhari

Please define stealing and define corruption. write an essay using both and also differentiating both. grin grin
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2015
great664:
na every parent get the 10k to pay give olosho? Dis ur statement really shows that you are the GREATEST and HIGHEST FOOOOL I have seen in Nairaland. Mod if una like ban me, I just speak my mind. Imagine the nonsense this guy made. Are u a fool, what abt those parent roasting corn or selling pepper at road side. How will Nigeria progress when foools like you exist. Don't let God destroy u before ur time, u are heartless to say that. Gosh!!!!

My dear u are the bigger fool cos I believe u didn't go to a free school, ppl dey go school for old age no be bad tin if u can't afford it wait till u can... Afterall no job waiting anymore for school leavers. Regards to ur mother and father for giving birth Mumu like u...
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2015
donmalcolm21:
is this how your APC govt wants to run Nigeria. Tufiakwa

So to pay 10k for quality standard education is too much? Was never from a rich home my parents toiled their as.s out to give me quality education... Without that who knows? So pls leave APC out of this. Every where in the world education aint cheap!
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2015
adaweezy:
we pay 17500 for predegree exams in a federal school and 200,000 as pre degree fees in OAU
(wonder why that won't make front page)

Guy... Is too early.... Predegree is not a policy of the federal government in federal school.. Pre-degree diploma and co ar all ran and financed by the school.. Same with per-time programes.. Is 100% financed by the institute involve.. Aldou most institute subsidise the fee.. I.e yabatech(federal) PT-65,000. Laspotech-around 80000 (state). because of more allocation.. (Now tell us how much the regular students there pay compare to regular student LASU compare to Regular DELSU)
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by donmalcolm21(m): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:

So to pay 10k for quality standard education is too much? Was never from a rich home my parents toiled their as.s out to give me quality education... Without that who knows? So pls leave APC out of this. Every where in the world education aint cheap!
take your time to check if Pa Awo allowed such fees when all these your bourgeiose were students and weere enjoying free education. BASIC EDUCATION IS CHEAP

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by great664(m): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:

My DEAR u are the bigger fool cos I believe u didn't go to a free school, ppl dey go school for old age no be bad tin if u can't afford it wait till u can... Afterall no job waiting anymore for school leavers. Regards to ur mother and father for giving birth Mumu like u...
your DEAR is a fool, what does that makes you? I nor blame you, your parents fail in Home Training, I see u be AB.O.KI, How will I convince you that its CATTLE and not CATTLES. I wonder the Legacy u are building for your children. Either you accept it or not, its CATTLE and Not CATTLES, the Honest shepherd nor go fit win, he is a failure already, 12yrs Kid don big now and your master is still failing.

For ur info I pay less during my time and even now, Fed. Uni is paying less than 15k while State Uni in the same APC State is paying N250k.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 10:32am On Jan 09, 2015
donmalcolm21:
take your time to check if Pa Awo allowed such fees when all these your bourgeiose were students and weere enjoying free education. BASIC EDUCATION IS CHEAP

Basic Education is still cheap but Quality Education requires Extra Coins

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Timoleon(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2015
As much as i would want to dissociate myself from any political parties, most people wouldnt undastand d reasons behind this. As stated by earlier commenters, the sum is a lot to ask. Howwver i want to argue in favour of the government. After this stage, admitted students do not pay up to 30% of what is paid in the private schools. So? if we want to be fair, we will admit that the standard in lagos public schools has improved. not cecessarily in the structures but in the quality of teacher and more importantly the students. As stated by Fashola, he no longer wastes funds on students who aren't prepared for wassce. This policy has made for more seriousness in these schools as no student gets promoted without passing waec reqquired papers. in a nutshell, i think a parent who is willing to stake 10k on a pupil ought to have confidence in dat pupil and as such, we can be rest assured dat our public schools are not dumping placea but a sane environment where people who can compete with students in d private schools. #thinkingoutloud!
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by donmalcolm21(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:

Basic Education is still cheap but Quality Education requires Extra Coins
Basic and Quality Education is Cheap. A lot of SW leaders enjoyed Pa Awo free and quality education.
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2015
great664:
your DEAR is a fool, what does that makes you? I nor blame you, your parents fail in Home Training, I see u be AB.O.KI, How will I convince you that its CATTLE and not CATTLES. I wonder the Legacy u are building for your children. Either you accept it or not, its CATTLE and Not CATTLES, the Honest shepherd nor go fit win, he is a failure already, 12yrs Kid don big now and your master is still failing.

For ur info I pay less during my time and even now, Fed. Uni is paying less than 15k while State Uni in the same APC State is paying N250k.

Hahahaha! U just confirmed u are a fool... I called u my dear to make u feel relaxed while I insult ur generation and u won't feel it... Its a skill I learnt in an expensive school I went, free education won't teach me that obviously!

Why is Federal University charging 15k when they should be offering free education, Owelle is doin it so its not impossible...
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by researchgenes(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2015
is dis the social and welfarist programme that the APC is promising us?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2015
donmalcolm21:
Basic and Quality Education is Cheap. A lot of SW leaders enjoyed Pa Awo free and quality education.

That was then can u compare the price of fuel then and now? Pls don't compromise with ur ward's education its the best gift u can give them.
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by donmalcolm21(m): 10:52am On Jan 09, 2015
phransix147:

That was then can u compare the price of fuel then and now? Pls don't compromise with ur ward's education its the best gift u can give them.
your govt is trying to roll out a welfarist system and the beneficiaries will be market women, mechanics, okad riders, corn and bole sellers etc. They are charging 10k for a computer based test, where do you want this people to get the money from? Did those your leaders paid that amount during their time? Don't you think the parents will rather channel 10k into their biz also have it in mind that they might hve to raise 40k for four of their wards?. Say the word that APC ARE LIARS
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Timoleon(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2015
flosk:
With my ward, I paid 11 000. For common entrance. Exams into government school in logos and she missed the whole of first term because lagos state ministry of education claimed that they were still working on the admission list.....is this the change we seek?

After the registration I was told. "Madam your child is in jss 1g but that class only exist in paper it foes not exist physically so she will go to jss1d and SHE WILL HAVE TO SEAT ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DESK" I was like seriously? And I ask is this the much anticipated change we seek??

And when I entered the classes it looked more like a vulcanizer's workshop than a class because there were tires everywhere for sitting in a school in the new lagos.....is this change??

I remember how they come with padlocks to close down houses for non payment of radio and television tax

CHANGE INDEED

Quite frankly i dont believ your story. i atended a state owned school for my primary 2 and 3. i had to leave the school because the schools were poorly managed. my father came into skool and saw me playing on a 'tyre'. i didnt last dat term in dat skool. dis is over 18yrs now. theses skuls r not loke dat anymore. this does not however dispute ur claim. my point is dat if with 11k u put ur ward in the kind of schoolnu describe, u may be more stupid than you care to know.
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2015
donmalcolm21:
your govt is trying to roll out a welfarist system and the beneficiaries will be market women, mechanics, okad riders, corn and bole sellers etc. They are charging 10k for a computer based test, where do you want this people to get the money from? Did those your leaders paid that amount during their time? Don't you think the parents will rather channel 10k into their biz also have it in mind that they might hve to raise 40k for four of their wards?. Say the word that APC ARE LIARS

U are making sound and act like one Prof. Yemi Osibanjo dis morning, I don't have a problem with that tho! Would u be sincere? You are here agitating for the poor ppl right? And APC is talking abt caring much about them right? Don't u think if those ppl are paid monthly stipends they would be able to afford 10k for such fees? And also note that banks would easily lend them because they know in a couple of months they would recoup it with minimal interest rate and they wouldn't mind since they are certain they will be paid their stipends. This is wat is practiced abroad where students have grants. With such grants students can afford everything that makes learning easy.

APC manifesto is more concrete than that of PDP. PDP only gat promises which they don't keep. I can remember Jonathan and his govt promising steady electricity by 2010 now we are in 2015 he's yet to provide it and nobody is holding him for dat because its a mere promise.
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Funniez: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Fash-ole has never been right. 250000 naira for LASU when the parents that should pay this money receives 19000 as minimum wage. Pathetic
its pathetic indeed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by phransix147(m): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2015
flosk:

CHANGE INDEED

Can u verify the story by giving the name of the school and the name of ur ward? And whom u paid the 11k to? I would personally go there and seek answers. That's wat govt. is all about
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by flosk: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
@timoleon: intelligent arguments doesn't involve calling people that are voicing out their opinion "silly"

One thing you must remember is this: the election will come and go but you need to learn how to be more civil when you come to social media
Re: Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests by Myself2(m): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2015
Xetima:

Wow!! You really made a statement there. I now understand why a presidential candidate is planning to stabilise oil prices.

Meanwhile, have we found Buhari's certificate now?

Buharigate.
Old expired dictator/religioud terrorist that does not understand jack about international politics and global econmics wants to go and stabilise global oil prices.I pity the mumus wey dey listen to this empty hypocrite

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waec Bearing Question And Step By Step Solution / The Origin Or History Of Magazine And News Paper In Nigeria / LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.