Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) (13209 Views)

UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) / University Of Ibadan Medical Students Protest Against Rise In Fee (PICS) / Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Naijapopular(f): 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
Students of Lagos State University College of Medicine are protesting against the management of the colleg at the Governor’s Office in Alausa,
Lagos. A student, who identified himself as Tunde, said he had been in the institution for about nine years due to the poor management of the college.

He said the students were angry tha funds released by the state Governor to address the issues in the institution had not been properly utilised by the Ministry of Health and the school management.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/lasu-medical-students-protest-in-alausa.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by veekid(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is Tunde kidding me? ? 9 years in the university? Another brand of Ayo Makun

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by NwaNimo1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
They should vote with there feet and find a better institution..9+ years of schooling then 9+ years of job hunting.
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by oshibote1: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
veekid:
shocked
hmmmm
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by insomnia1234: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ok, make una blame Jonathan, naaa, abi una don tire
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nairadays: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
Tunde, said he had been in the institution for about nine years due to the poor management of the college.

Hmmm... lipsrsealed
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
I need direction from unilag to LUTH, how do I get there from Akoka or bariga?
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
How does a student spending 9 years in the institution blame it on poor management? He spent 9 years because he failed! During the 9 years have others not been graduating? If I be your papa ehn......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
veekid:
Is Tunde kidding me? ? 9 years in the university? Another brand of Ayo Makun

That is just the mild bit.

Medical education in Nigeria is affected badly by strikes.Not only by ASUU strikes, but also by hospital strikes.

In other words....when JOHESU,NARD,MHUN(plus the ASUU,NASU and company) go on strike....medical students in tertiary institutions are affected badly too.It adds years to your studies (Unlike regular students who get affected by ASUU, NASU and SSAUTHRAI strikes)

And God help you if you are from one of the schools struggling for accreditation.

That is why reading medicine in Nigeria....na fire by fire.

7 Likes

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by CR77(f): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Receive sense lipsrsealed
lofty900:
Buhari which way

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by anonimi: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
They cannot protest oh.
Lagos state has been excellently managed by the progreTHIEVES of Tinubu/Fashole/Ambole since 1999.
The state has been TRANSFORMED as reported by oyinbo journalist in 2009.

https://www.nairaland.com/3315702/fashola-man-transformed-lagos-matthew

2 Likes

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Fisayo1212: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
They should answer them now
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
lofty900:
Buhari which way

For once, this has nothing to do with Buhari, and everything to do with the fact that the health and educaiton system in Nigeria's issues with funding , staff welfare and staffing levels.

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by lukfame(m): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
Well, i fear for the future of nigeria. The media has failed us. They just report anything they like. I just wonder why truth is scarce in this world of ours.
You can get the real gist below

https://www.nairaland.com/3316180/9-years-failure-lasu-college
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Really pathetic , the better part of their youth spent in frustration. I'm forever thankful to my Alma mata, 6yrs on the dot.
#Unilorin #betterbyfar

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Topam: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
Blame gej
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Bush2013: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
Op you should have been specific enough. It is those in the faculty of dentistry and not the general college.

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by missstella(f): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
God help us
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
9 years and counting.Tunde you must be kidding me.BIA,LASU abeg do the needful

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
NwaNimo1:
They should vote with there feet and find a better institution..9+ years of schooling then 9+ years of job hunting.

A medico has a better chance of finding a job.(Most employers of meidical people are looking for doctors fresh out of NYSC)

Residency on the other hand.... smiley

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by lukfame(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
lofty900:
How does a student spending 9 years in the institution blame it on poor management? He spent 9 years because he failed! During the 9 years have others not been graduating? If I be your papa ehn......
you know you should do thorough research before you show your ignorance here. I will advice you to find out the truth before u make any comments.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by deebrain(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
I hope its not Tunde that is refreshing himself with a pet bottle of coke in the 3rd pic?

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by johnstar(m): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
grin
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by oluwaiye2017: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
That is just the mild bit.

Medical education in Nigeria is affected badly by strikes.Not only by ASUU strikes, but also by hospital strikes.

In other words....when plus the ASUU,NASU and company go on strike....medical students in tertiary institutions are affected badly too.It adds years to your studies (Unlike regular students who get affected by ASUU, NASU and SSAUTHRAI strikes)

And God help you if you are from one of the schools struggling for accreditation.
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Boscojugunu(m): 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lies
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Calismart(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
it shall be well
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
lofty900:

For some it is failures.....

For others, it is either

1.Your school did not get accredited on time

2.You have finished pre-clincials.....but because there was a strike that happened on the hospital side that lasted for months ......you have to wait up to a year before you start clinicals. (And you have spent 4 years in preclincals instead of 3 because ASUU went on strike in your second year....and months were wasted.

3.And even when you cross over, you are delayed by more strikes, and more strikes. Today, NARD , tomorrow JOHESU, the day after ASUU . And then there are the local strikes.

(And here is one thing about strikes....sometimes the strikes happened long before you entered school...but because students were delayed during strikes....you get delayed too.)

4.And let's be frank....med schools are over-crowded. Poor library facilities, poor hostel facilities, etc....all combine to make it a bit difficult to study. A

1 Like

Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by foxy2002: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Please has anyone been able to access the FIRS job portal?
Re: LASU Medical Students Protest In Alausa (photo) by akPan17(m): 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
nowadays protest means almost nothing

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2017 Rescheduled Exam Slip, Centre & Exam Time Out - How To Check / Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests / Good News To All Admission Seekers 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.